***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

W

With proper coaching, some on your “terrible” list would thrive.

agree- you wonder how productive a guy like Tre Williams could/should be with good coaching. I imagine him on Purdue being a super efficient and productive 6th man. On our team he usually looks like everyone else- unsure what he’s supposed to be doing, with flashes of brilliance.

Pitino will not be fired. Not enough money available to fire and hire.

After the season? Probably gets canned unless something crazy happens.

Right now? Nah. The fact we are still "alive" for the tourney. A move aint happening. But probably should.

Do you honestly think they'll play worse under Conroy?
I don’t think they play any better or any worse. They are what they are. We aren’t losing because we aren’t trying. We aren’t losing because Illinois has some great game plan.
We are losing because we are missing shots and turning the ball over

I just have a hard time believe it turns out different if pitino is let go on feb 21 vs March 10

maybe I’m wrong and that 20 days makes a huge difference
What's the downside?

I just have a hard time believe it turns out different if pitino is let go on feb 21 vs March 10

maybe I’m wrong and that 20 days makes a huge difference
That’s fine. But what is the downside? I don’t see one.

Well...I did say we didn't match up well with Illinois. And Cockburn has destroyed us. What I didn't see was just how defensively horrible this team would be without Kalscheur.
We have 3 games to prove we belong in the dance. Right now, I don't think we belong, but Richard has two weeks to prove their worth.

agree- you wonder how productive a guy like Tre Williams could/should be with good coaching. I imagine him on Purdue being a super efficient and productive 6th man. On our team he usually looks like everyone else- unsure what he’s supposed to be doing, with flashes of brilliance.
Williams wouldn’t see minutes at Purdue
Can’t dribble to the rim or shoot that well...so why do you play him at guard?

Do you honestly think they'll play worse under Conroy? And not really, the B1G splits the revenue. So 1/14 of the revenue is on the line.
No idea just speaking to why he probably won't be fired tonight

Wow. It’s like the Globetrotters vs the Generals

What's the downside?
Probably not a downside either.
it is what it is.

I don’t think this roster is doing anything with or without Pitino.

It is what it is. So I think just let Pitino finish out the year and then part ways. I’m not offended if they let him go now. I just don’t see any upside to getting a 3 week head start

Wasn't you who was dogging on Ihnen early on last game....and then he went on to have a really solid game?

Sorry...but it's clear that you are way past the point of objectivity.
Admittedly I didn’t even watch the Indiana game if that is what are you are referencing.

ihnen does some nice things. He is athletic.
but he doesn’t have the handles to be a slasher. He doesn’t have the shot to be a shooter. He doesn’t seem savvy enough to be a decent do everything guy.
He has his good moments. But for every good moment he has two errant passes. For every good moment he dribbled one off his knee or loses his man on defense. Ihnen isn’t getting minutes on a top 20 team.

Well...I did say we didn't match up well with Illinois. And Cockburn has destroyed us. What I didn't see was just how defensively horrible this team would be without Kalscheur.
We have 3 games to prove we belong in the dance. Right now, I don't think we belong, but Richard has two weeks to prove their worth.
He hasn’t proven in almost ten years, he is not going to get it together in two weeks.

LOL, Illinois with 86 points and almost 8 minutes to go. Over under on Illinois getting to 120?

Williams wouldn’t see minutes at Purdue
Can’t dribble to the rim or shoot that well...so why do you play him at guard?
He got to the rim very well and finished at Indiana a few days ago. He shot decent too. He is capable. He is not put into a position to do it often due to the shitty offensive “plan”.

Ihnen is not awful. Todd grief
Todd grief is also awful.

you should know, when I say awful it doesn’t mean I don’t think they can play basketball.
when I say “awful” I mean they aren’t good enough to play significant roles on top 20 National and top 5 big ten teams.

An NCAA tournament berth on the bubble means nothing right now.....Another bottom finish in the B10 is what seals it for me.
Couldnt agree more. Another losing conference record and a 12 seed should not prevent making a change.

At least this is on national broadcast television so even cord cutters can see it!

Top Bottom