***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Some guy said:
You are a horrible evaluator of talent.
It’s amazing how well we have done with this trash roster.

that’s not saying Pitino should stickaround. This isn’t a good team.

A big ten team with zero nba prospects isn’t a team that can finish top 4-5 in the league most years. Especially not this year

Tell that to the badgers, Iowa, and Purdue.
Don't forget Ohio State.

You're wasting your time with this goofball. He's in the minority with his view but that won't stop him so why waste your energy on convincing the inconvincible.

Tell that to the badgers, Iowa, and Purdue.
We did a great job of winning some games against good teams but don’t have the talent to be consistent.

When everyone is on we can beat anyone. When Johnson hits 8 3s we can beat anyone. We aren’t talented enough to do it every game. Carr is good enough to beat a team. He isn’t good enough to do it every game.

Strzoker is not smart enough to be a hypocrite

I don't think that either of you know what hypocrite means. You especially....as you've clearly been getting stupider the past few years and you started from an area of mental disability.

Your argument is about roster construction being the problem but you contradict yourself. Running a system to get the ball in the post is coaching. Having guards who can feed the post is coaching. You don’t need talent to feed the post. You need to be coached how to do that.
The shooters point I do agree with to an extent but I also think the lack of ball movement and scheme causes us to shoot the worst, contested threes.
There isn’t a coach in the big ten who could win consistently when your 5th best player is who our 5th best player is.

of our top 4 players, only 2 were on the team last year.
We have no depth and no continuity. That’s a bad roster.

Don't get me wrong, not many players in the country can compare to Ayo.

But its astounding how much better a guard he is than Carr

His aversion to playing Freeman this year is bizarre. Why not play him?
Not saying this is a reasonable answer but, Curry had put his soul into this program and stuck through umpteen comebacks. Pitino probably feels personal loyalty to him ... and to his own detriment.

Not really. If Michigan got Tubby, we'd have gotten Todd Licklighter or something.

As bad as Lickliter was, at least he was only around for 3 years unlike Pitino.

Inhen - lost
Curry - awful
Gach - awful
Robbins - injured
Kalshuer - injured and shoots 25%
mashburn - freshman
Freeman - awful
Williams - 4.3 ppg and not trusted by coach

B Johnson - I like and wish he was our 7th best instead of 3-4 (or 2 today)

Carr - very good but not great

wE HaVe A gREat RoSTeR
Let’s rank players on the team:
1) carr: could play for everyone. Not a top 5 player in the conference
2) Robbins: could play for everyone. Not a top 10 player in the conference...probably the 11-20 range

3-4)
Kalsheur or B Johnson - take your pick
Both would be great 7th-8th guys on a good team.

5) who is 5? Couldn’t even tell you. At this point the roster is all either bad or mashburn

You don’t win in this conference with 2 good not great players, 2 average role players, and 4 below average players.

I guess I just don’t see how this roster is good. I could be wrong.

And honestly, I've never believed there would be a midseason firing, but it's justified if Coyle has the stones to do it. Conroy can take it the rest of the way.

do you think Pitino realizes he's getting canned with this shit show? going to get 100 hung on us at home

Let’s rank players on the team:
1) carr: could play for everyone. Not a top 5 player in the conference
2) Robbins: could play for everyone. Not a top 10 player in the conference...probably the 11-20 range

3-4)
Kalsheur or B Johnson - take your pick
Both would be great 7th-8th guys on a good team.

5) who is 5? Couldn’t even tell you. At this point the roster is all either bad or mashburn

You don’t win in this conference with 2 good not great players, 2 average role players, and 4 below average players.

I guess I just don’t see how this roster is good. I could be wrong.

You're just wrong.

At this point I hope we lose by 40. 50 not out of the question. If Coyle isn’t already in process of finding the next head coach, this has to be the final straw.

Top Bottom