***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

And honestly, I've never believed there would be a midseason firing, but it's justified if Coyle has the stones to do it. Conroy can take it the rest of the way.
No way.
As bad as today is, if Minnesota wins 3 of 4 winnable games left. They’re probably one BTT game away from making the tourney.

why would you can him now? What’s the upside?

he probably already knows what he is going to do and he may as well wait a few more weeks

Not saying this is a reasonable answer but, Curry had put his soul into this program and stuck through umpteen comebacks. Pitino probably feels personal loyalty to him ... and to his own detriment.
I don't mind Curry being on the team. He's earned that. He just plays way too much.

Been calling for it since last season.....A casual fan could see the program was headed nowhere.
I said it last year as well. Just reinforces the need for change.
I frankly don’t give a damn about $$ problems at the u. It’s time.

And honestly, I've never believed there would be a midseason firing, but it's justified if Coyle has the stones to do it. Conroy can take it the rest of the way.
Don't think they will until they're officially eliminated from any ncaa talk. Technically we are still alive for it.

No way.
As bad as today is, if Minnesota wins 3 of 4 winnable games left. They’re probably one BTT game away from making the tourney.

he probably already knows what he is going to do and he may as well wait a few more weeks
Chet sees we're canning him for sure and pushes back his decision to select the Gophers :D

No way.

The upside is getting a start on the coaching search. And teams often play better once the dead coach walking is removed.

What's the downside?

I don't mind Curry being on the team. He's earned that. He just plays way too much.
No question. I just wish he was our 13th instead of our 6-7
Kind of the same thing I said about hurt last year

W
Let’s rank players on the team:
1) carr: could play for everyone. Not a top 5 player in the conference
2) Robbins: could play for everyone. Not a top 10 player in the conference...probably the 11-20 range

3-4)
Kalsheur or B Johnson - take your pick
Both would be great 7th-8th guys on a good team.

5) who is 5? Couldn’t even tell you. At this point the roster is all either bad or mashburn

You don’t win in this conference with 2 good not great players, 2 average role players, and 4 below average players.

I guess I just don’t see how this roster is good. I could be wrong.
With proper coaching, some on your “terrible” list would thrive.

No question. I just wish he was our 13th instead of our 6-7
Kind of the same thing I said about hurt last year
Feels like he coulda been if he gave Freeman and ihnen some rope earlier in the years.

He should be fired after this game. It’s inevitable. Then you can start letting people know you’re interested and trying to convince the few half decent players (like Mashburn) to stick around so we have a roster next year.

The upside is getting a start on the coaching search. And teams often play better once the dead coach walking is removed.

What's the downside?
He is already doing that to your first point.

second point could go either direction. Do the players hate Pitino and want him gone? I’ve seen no evidence of this. You could be right.

the downside is the disrespect a guy who gave 8 years to the program and hasn’t really embarrassed himself.

Feels like he coulda been if he gave Freeman and ihnen some rope earlier in the years.
I haven’t seen enough of freeman to say he is terrible. Ihnen is awful. Game too fast for him.
I would venture to guess Pitino would play freeman more if he thought he could help. Because Pitino probably knows his job is on the line

Pitino will not be fired. Not enough money available to fire and hire.

He is already doing that to your first point.

second point could go either direction. Do the players hate Pitino and want him gone? I’ve seen no evidence of this. You could be right.

the downside is the disrespect a guy who gave 8 years to the program and hasn’t really embarrassed himself.
Quit embracing mediocrity. He has sufficiently embarrassed himself and UMN. Its time for a breakup.

He should be fired after this game. It’s inevitable. Then you can start letting people know you’re interested and trying to convince the few half decent players (like Mashburn) to stick around so we have a roster next year.
I just have a hard time believe it turns out different if pitino is let go on feb 21 vs March 10

maybe I’m wrong and that 20 days makes a huge difference

Quit embracing mediocrity. He has sufficiently embarrassed himself and UMN. Its time for a breakup.
I’ve been saying I wanted him fired since 2019.
Sorry for embracing mediocrity. My bad.

Is there revenue on the line if they make the dance? Could see that being a reason if so
Do you honestly think they'll play worse under Conroy? And not really, the B1G splits the revenue. So 1/14 of the revenue is on the line.

Top Bottom