***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Illinois is a more talented team. They are also better coached. They do this revolutionary thing called "drive and kick." The result is usually an open three. We haven't tried that one during the Pitino era. There are lots of other revolutionary things that Illinois does involving ball movement, passing, cuts, screens, motion, etc that we haven't tried. Of course, they are probably dying to try the hand the ball off on the perimeter and stand around watching one guy dribble for 11 seconds offense.

I'll miss Pitino on twitter, his interviews, his non coach speak and his relative honesty. I won't miss his coaching and recruiting.

See you’re worried we are going to win. I’m confidence a decision has already been made
Probably was made a month ago
Hope you're right. A month ago we had just beat Michigan and were ranked like 13th. So I don't agree.

100 bucks Pitino blames the blowout on Gabe and Robbins and takes no blame himself....Any takers?

Illinois is a more talented team. They are also better coached. They do this revolutionary thing called "drive and kick." The result is usually an open three. We haven't tried that one during the Pitino era. There are lots of other revolutionary things that Illinois does involving ball movement, passing, cuts, screens, motion, etc that we haven't tried. Of course, they are probably dying to try the hand the ball off on the perimeter and stand around watching one guy dribble for 11 seconds offense.

I'll miss Pitino on twitter, his interviews, his non coach speak and his relative honesty. I won't miss his coaching and recruiting.
Spot on.

even if he taught them to drive and kick

Minnesota would probably run more of a drive and brick

Hope you're right. A month ago we had just beat Michigan and were ranked like 13th. So I don't agree.
A month ago we had just beaten Michigan yes, but we were 8 games into big ten play and already out of regular season title contention.

we also had already shown we weren’t going to be a consistent team by winning some big games but getting outclassed in others

Always room for a tough minded rebounder who has good movement. And 6'10.
Who is athletically overmatched against good bigs:
I’m fine if he stays but I don’t think we should make decisions to try to keep a guy who wouldn’t see the floor for most big ten contenders

A month ago we had just beaten Michigan yes, but we were 8 games into big ten play and already out of regular season title contention.

we also had already shown we weren’t going to be a consistent team by winning some big games but getting outclassed in others
I think you best tell GH who YOUR choice for coaches are - which ones meet your standard?

I haven’t seen enough of freeman to say he is terrible. Ihnen is awful. Game too fast for him.
I would venture to guess Pitino would play freeman more if he thought he could help. Because Pitino probably knows his job is on the line
I agree Pitino is doing what he thinks best, but he got caught not trusting his depth at center.

IMO ihnen is still developing. Not a lot of room for him on offense when he went cold. Not enough shots to heat up, not enough minutes to get in rythym. He can’t score off the dribble, which means he’s not scoring in an offense that depends on breaking down the defense off the dribble.

I think you best tell GH who YOUR choice for coaches are - which ones meet your standard?
No idea. I don’t watch enough college hoops nationally to pretend to know who would be a good coach. Pitino ain’t it though.

If I had to name it I’d be forced to name an unrealistic guy because I know they’re good like Matta or Beilien. But im not sure they’re realistic options.

I agree Pitino is doing what he thinks best, but he got caught not trusting his depth at center.

IMO ihnen is still developing. Not a lot of room for him on offense when he went cold. Not enough shots to heat up, not enough minutes to get in rythym. He can’t score off the dribble, which means he’s not scoring in an offense that depends on breaking down the defense off the dribble.
His turnovers or turnovers he causes that lead to fast break points are what drive me up the wall. He didn’t do that a ton today, but he is frustrating to watch. Does none of the little things.

I've been an advocate for getting Freeman more minutes, but I can see why he hasn't been playing that much. Not very athletic and continues to miss his defensive rotations

No idea. I don’t watch enough college hoops nationally to pretend to know who would be a good coach. Pitino ain’t it though.
And so you know with certainty the players you called awful/terrible and dont want moving forward is because you dont watch enough college hoops nationally?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

All these years with Pitino as our coach and there have not been any reasons to be really excited about the program and it's accomplishments. Winning the NIT, no...barely getting into the NCAA tourney no, nothing that makes you feel real good about this program and its direction. Unlike the football program, there has been a wealth of local talent yet we see their success elsewhere. What does he have to show for all of his years?

I've been an advocate for getting Freeman more minutes, but I can see why he hasn't been playing that much. Not very athletic and continues to miss his defensive rotations
Please. He's 6'10 and moves well.

All these years with Pitino as our coach and there have not been any reasons to be really excited about the program and it's accomplishments. Winning the NIT, no...barely getting into the NCAA tourney no, nothing that makes you feel real good about this program and its direction. Unlike the football program, there has been a wealth of local talent yet we see their success elsewhere. What does he have to show for all of his years?
The highlight of his coaching career was beating Louisville

Top Bottom