***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We need a win. We need a win badly. Knocking off the #5 team in the nation sure would cure a lot of the frustration we’re feeling lately. It would also give us an unmatched resume for the “good wins” column.

Find. A. Way.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!

Did they already declare Robbins out?

Illinois - 4.5. Who you taking. Seem like the Gophers play best when they are underdogs.

Illinois - 4.5. Who you taking. Seem like the Gophers play best when they are underdogs.
If Robbins is out, I'd take Illinois. No defense against their drives to the basket and if Freeman gets in foul trouble we're effed

Come on guys you can win this! Gotta play great, but you can win this! Winnable game!

Even with a healthy Gabe and a healthy Robbins, the Gophers do not matchup well with Illinois. It's similar to Maryland.
If the Gophers were to win, it would be a 1980, Lake Placid, miracle at Williams Arena moment. All the mid-level players have to converge in a perfect moment of lights out shooting and tenacious defense. I don't think it will happen, but certainly we've seen sports miracles in the past.

Ill has two certain NBA players.
Give the points and bet the farm.

Honestly for me I could care less about any home wins. They have already proven they can beat the best at home. In my opinion, no road wins and they don’t deserve to make the tournament.

Hoping for a miracle but sadly, we won’t get one today. It just doesn’t feel good for me. I feel this team is depleted.

I really don't wanna hear Pitino say after the year "If Gabe doesn't get hurt, and if Robbins isn't hindered for the last month or so, we're an NCAA tournament team."

We were not playing well before these guys ran into injuries here. I can't take another post-year review talking about what WOULD'VE happened if we didn't have suspensions, injuries, yada yada.

I'm so done with excuses year in and year out.

My starting lineup:
Mashburn PG
Carr SG
Williams SF
Ihnen PF
Freeman C (Assuming Robbins not available)

lol yall already tilting huh...its college basketball anything can happen....there aint fans road wins dont mean much this year

lol yall already tilting huh...its college basketball anything can happen....there aint fans road wins dont mean much this year

Still 60-40 for the home team this year compared to 70-30 in a normal year. Road wins may not be as highly weighted, but they still mean something. The numbers show that.

Ihnen over Johnson? Don’t see that happening

I don't see Ihnen starting either but he might end up playing a lot today depending upon how well he does. Pitino tends to stick to his rotations stubbornly but maybe the circumstances will force him to gamble a little more.

They have already proven they can beat the best at home.
Like, a month or more ago, sure. You think there's any chance in hell, even with Gabe and Robbins healthy, that they beat Michigan or Ohio State at home now?

Honestly for me I could care less about any home wins. They have already proven they can beat the best at home. In my opinion, no road wins and they don’t deserve to make the tournament.

Hoping for a miracle but sadly, we won’t get one today. It just doesn’t feel good for me. I feel this team is depleted.
I dont think they win today, but as for home vs. away, whether people like it or not if they win the remaining home games they will be dancing! As much as people think no way they make tourney with no road wins, i dont think you can not take them at 16-11 or whatever!

I dont think they win today, but as for home vs. away, whether people like it or not if they win the remaining home games they will be dancing! As much as people think no way they make tourney with no road wins, i dont think you can not take them at 16-11 or whatever!
I agree with you all the way. Just in my opinion, I think it’s ridiculous to put a team in with zero road wins. It doesn’t matter what I think and I agree they would almost certainly be in.

Like, a month or more ago, sure. You think there's any chance in hell, even with Gabe and Robbins healthy, that they beat Michigan or Ohio State at home now?
No I don’t think there is anyway!! I’m with you. I’m just saying resume wise. Trust me I’m as low on this team as anyone. I’m disbanding my season tickets next year if pitino is here again. I expect to lose by 18 or more today.

Not a "must win", but a win today makes the Gophers a lock for the tournament. Too many quality wins to be jumped by mid-major bubble teams.

Illinois' last 2 road games (Their only 2 road games in the last 43 days) were @NEB and @IU. Both games took OT for Illinois to win.

I really don't wanna hear Pitino say after the year "If Gabe doesn't get hurt, and if Robbins isn't hindered for the last month or so, we're an NCAA tournament team."

We were not playing well before these guys ran into injuries here. I can't take another post-year review talking about what WOULD'VE happened if we didn't have suspensions, injuries, yada yada.

I'm so done with excuses year in and year out.
You can mark it down in the history books- if the team doesn’t make the tourney, the Gabe and Liam injuries will be the reason why according to the Pitino apologists. Their lame excuses are more reliable than death and taxes.

You can mark it down in the history books- if the team doesn’t make the tourney, the Gabe and Liam injuries will be the reason why according to the Pitino apologists. Their lame excuses are more reliable than death and taxes.
What's the lame excuse for a 54-90 B10 record?

GEDP. Gonna be tough if robbins doesnt give us much. Cant be shooting 20% from 3 today for sure.
Seems like getting off to a quick start today will be vital.

Last edited:

No I don’t think there is anyway!! I’m with you. I’m just saying resume wise. Trust me I’m as low on this team as anyone. I’m disbanding my season tickets next year if pitino is here again. I expect to lose by 18 or more today.
I am not sure any team in history has made the tourney with zero road wins.

Top Bottom