***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

If we lose by more than ___ , fire Pitino after the game.

Fill in the blank.

You are a horrible evaluator of talent.
It’s amazing how well we have done with this trash roster.

that’s not saying Pitino should stickaround. This isn’t a good team.

A big ten team with zero nba prospects isn’t a team that can finish top 4-5 in the league most years. Especially not this year
Tell that to the badgers, Iowa, and Purdue.

He is good enough to do it some of the time. That’s not good enough to be the best player in a big ten team. He disappears in 20-30% of games
Sorry, I didn’t mean one guy. Mash, tre, both went to the rim.

It's called coaching... he has the pieces to at least be an upper half team in the conference. He's just unable as a coach to put things together. Not sure why you can't see that.
Absolutely agree. The pieces are there for a coach who has a clue. Unfortunately Pitino does not.

I'd encourage a quick firing. No need to drag this out, enter the search first.
I believe we got Tubby because the job was open so early. Otherwise Michigan might have gotten him and we'd have had to settle for Beilein. :cool:

Inhen - lost
Curry - awful
Gach - awful
Robbins - injured
Kalshuer - injured and shoots 25%
mashburn - freshman
Freeman - awful
Williams - 4.3 ppg and not trusted by coach

B Johnson - I like and wish he was our 7th best instead of 3-4 (or 2 today)

Carr - very good but not great

wE HaVe A gREat RoSTeR

I just want to have a good basketball team outside of the Lynx for a while. Why is that so hard? Why do we always have to be cursed with terrible teams or teams that seem good but implode. When can we just have a few really good seasons and be happy? Lol. Damn, its brutal.
The Lynx have one of the best coaches in the league.

I usually never engage in the fire coaches crowd, especially mid season.

But I seriously think his decision to throw Robbins back in this game is immediately fireable. Its that inexcusable.
He can throw the trainers under the bus on that one. If you're firing him, it's for the putrid performance.

Not much you can do when:
A) you don’t have anyone on the team who can get to the rim off the dribble
B) you don’t have any shooters to dish to
C) you don’t run a system to get the ball in the post
D) you don’t have players good at feeding the post

Your argument is about roster construction being the problem but you contradict yourself. Running a system to get the ball in the post is coaching. Having guards who can feed the post is coaching. You don’t need talent to feed the post. You need to be coached how to do that.
The shooters point I do agree with to an extent but I also think the lack of ball movement and scheme causes us to shoot the worst, contested threes.

Gopher BB makes UM A LAUGHING STOCK nationally, too bad. I am officially removing UM from my will and a half million bucks, it's better served somewhere else. I like Pitino but he has to go now and they need to open the wallet and get a top flight BB coach, I'm sure this fiasco is costing them plenty of alumni donations whether they know it or not. Sports should not be the public face of a university but they are, like it or not. This is totally unacceptable. Good bye.

Top Bottom