*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

TURN AND LOOK FOR THE F-ING BALL, WHETHER your coaches scream at you or not!

The play calling is embarrassing. What bowl committee wants to see this garbage? Seriously, it's astounding

Just flipped on the game to see an absolutely awful decision by Nelson. Might have given Michigan State three extra points with that one.

We had no chance of scoring if he didn't sling it. I respect that.

But whoever that corner was needs to turn around!

I really like the direction of our program...great strides defensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And now an equally awful decision by Cook. Back and forth we go I guess.

A few things are coaches have to answer for while acknowledging that they have a lot of things they deserve praise for. They must coach the DBs to not turn their heads and so now the QBs just throw the balls in there and make plays against our guys who are trying to wait to knock the ball out when it arrives; stupid and ineffective. Our end of the half coaching is pathetic; poor strategy and not well executed. Crazy type stuff. Hageman needs to stay on the field it's cold he's not going to get tired.

Wells turned and LOOKED for it. Hope he doesn't get yelled at. :eek:

Last 2 minutes of first half

That was ridiculous coaching...so bad. Wells bailed us out but I just don't understand the logic. You have to take advantage of every chance you have against a top defense like the spartans. You try to at least get in FG range.

Nelson blows.

Look, some of our GH'ers piss and moan because we don't play more aggressively at the end of the half. So we do, and a bad thing happens, then you piss and moan about that. Make up your frikking minds.

Ok, I've seen enough of Nelson to realize that he's not going to be a "great" QB. He'll just be average, like Weber. Leidner has been a let down also.

Overall pretty happy to be 7-3 at Half. I think we all would have taken that. Gotta figure out some better offense to have a chance. Great job once again Defense.

Look, some of our GH'ers piss and moan because we don't play more aggressively at the end of the half. So we do, and a bad thing happens, then you piss and moan about that. Make up your frikking minds.

Errr, yeah... aggressive meaning run run then you have to pass on third down when they're ready? That's not aggressive, that's predictable. Too easy for defensive coordinators.

Yes, the run is working, but the Gophers definitely were just hoping to run the time out... but they forget that they're behind.

That was ridiculous coaching...so bad. Wells bailed us out but I just don't understand the logic. You have to take advantage of every chance you have against a top defense like the spartans. You try to at least get in FG range.

Stupid. Good coaching poor execution.

Have to keep running the ball, playing for field position, kicking well, and looking to capitalize on a Sparty mistake.

That's the only recipe that could conceivably work.

The way MSU marched down the field on their first possession, I'm very pleased with the score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot understand the db not playing the ball. Iirc Michael carter played the ball. I'd really like the db coach to explain why they are instructed to not turn towards the ball. It is a major issue and is keeping our defense from reaching the next level. Turnovers are key, obviously.

Ok, I've seen enough of Nelson to realize that he's not going to be a "great" QB. He'll just be average, like Weber. Leidner has been a let down also.

Nelson is a sophomore and Leidner is a freshman. I'm not exactly sure how you so quickly determine this. It would have been similar to ruling Hageman and Cobb out.

So probably shouldn't bother watching the game if zero points is your expectation. You can't win with zero points.

The offense would likely have scored points against Wisconsin if not down by 14. They had to go for it, instead of attempting the FG. I have expectations, and this team has exceeded all of them this year. I can finally say that I've seen a win against Nebraska- hadn't been able to say that before. Wins against NW, Penn State, and Ind were nice. I thought we'd have a tough time moving the ball against Wisc, but I also thought they'd run much better against us then they did. I thought we'd have a very tough time moving the ball against Mich State. We are definately a work in progress on offense, but defense has been outstanding. My point it the "Nelson blows" comments or the calling for Leidner after a couple of off throws are too much and they are tiresome.

Oh, and I WILL continue watching with realistic expectations and enjoy the incredible progress they have made.

I'm surprised we're keeping it close. Nelson isn't having the best game, but MSU's corners are fantastic. Keep it close and anything can happen.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I cannot understand the db not playing the ball. Iirc Michael carter played the ball. I'd really like the db coach to explain why they are instructed to not turn towards the ball. It is a major issue and is keeping our defense from reaching the next level. Turnovers are key, obviously.

Myrick did turn to look for the ball. It also threw him off balance and out of position to face-defend the guy who caught the friggin' ball.

Top Bottom