NEB vs NW Game Thread

Hull is pretty good. But I also suspect Nebraska is really bad.
Hull would’ve been a good gopher but I can’t remember the running back room at the time I don’t think we really needed one.

He's a good all around back though. He has five receptions in this game and ran back a kick for 18 yards. I think he would have found playing time.

Let’s GOO! Great sack! Now just grind out the clock!!

If nothing else, this game should tell us that Northwestern has no stars, but as usual, seems to be a very scrappy team that will not give up. They seem fairly well disciplined, as well.

And it tells us Scott Frost is an absolute idiot who will definitely try to lose any game he has a chance to, no matter how much individual talent his team has.

He's a good all around back though. He has five receptions in this game and ran back a kick for 18 yards. I think he would have found playing time.
Correct. If we had him instead of Cam Wiley last year he probably doesn’t quit the team and we probably would loved watching him

If nothing else, this game should tell us that Northwestern has no stars, but as usual, seems to be a very scrappy team that will not give up. They seem fairly well disciplined, as well.

And it tells us Scott Frost is an absolute idiot who will definitely try to lose any game he has a chance to, no matter how much individual talent his team has.
Yeah.
I would agree with that. I also think Nebraska has a horrible defensive game plan.
If you have some pressure on northwestern and make wideouts beat you instead of RBs and play action I don’t think NU has the guns to score this much.

They’ll struggle to score against the rest of the west

I think it is better for Hull to be at NW right now and be RB 1 instead of stashed behind Mo and Potts.
For sure. He may have chosen NU instead of MN for that very reason.

Without injury I think he would struggle to see the field here.
I think stylistically he is better for what NU does too.

He has played pretty well aside from that. It is hard to carry an entire team all game.
Adrian Martinez ran into same problem.

Yeah....I don't think he's been all that bad.

Decent offense, no defense. And Scott can’t figure out why they struggle. Him.

Makes the onsides kick that much more questionable. Why risk giving them a short field?

Nebraska looking like 2021 Nebraska

And 2020
And 2019
And 2018
And 2017
And 2016

Yeah. Almost made me wonder if Mike Sanford is guesting as the play caller this quarter.
The only way Nebraska can win is if you lose the game for them. Nebraska might be the one team it’s okay to be this conservative against

Well, if they keep giving Nebraska a succession of short fields, they just might do that.
Nebraska may lay down and quit

I think they’ll have a new coach when they lose at Rutgers headed into bye week

Fitz looking like PJ going ultra conservative at this point.

2.5 mins left! NW has to grind it out here and at least get a FG go 6 points up forces NU to score a TD with 1 min left!

If NU can score a TD with only 1 min left then they deserve the W.

Top Bottom