NEB vs NW Game Thread

Nebraska radio livestream...Frost presser now...

I know: it was sarcasm lol

They had like 8 meltdowns last year
I know. I was just amplifying the sarcasm. I’m actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for Frost. Never thought that would happen!

As soon as NW starters using an extra pass rusher on blindside blitz, Thompson fell apart.

Interesting that the announcers commented in the 2nd quarter (I think) how Thompson was great for TX when given time, but also subtly implied he was terrible with pressure.

I want to see Northwestern win a 1 score game.....just for the massive mind F that would be for Nebraska fans coming off last season and all those 1 score losses. :)
Remains to be seen how good each of these teams ends up being but....called it.....to go like 0-9 in close games last year and then start the year with a 3 point loss is just awesome....

If Nebraska was smart, they'd let Frost go tomorrow. Play out the season with a different attitude.

This announces right now to the world the job is open, and they'd have forever to pick their man behind the scenes.

Their season is already done after today, so why not?

Nebraska radio livestream...Frost presser now...

Did Frosty get the hook at the presser? Seemed like a quick one, although I missed the beginning. I did hear him blame the players, the tired D, saying he can’t believe they lost, that it isn’t time to fold up and plan for 2023. Man, he’s a train wreck.

So, the Ilini are looking pretty good against Wyoming (on BTN)—running game is good, anyway. I know—Wyoming. But still a P5 team. God I am glad college football season has begun.

Corn Nation guy predicted Nebraska to win 38-10 over Nebraska. His meltdown after another one score loss will be epic. Nebraska instead of rising to the ocassion for Scott Frost Puckers because of him. They are talented, it is the coaching that holds them back. That running QB only ran one play. That was a crime, he could have run the ball a lot more.

So, the Ilini are looking pretty good against Wyoming (on BTN)—running game is good, anyway. I know—Wyoming. But still a P5 team. God I am glad college football season has begun.
Best time of year.

Did Frosty get the hook at the presser? Seemed like a quick one, although I missed the beginning. I did hear him blame the players, the tired D, saying he can’t believe they lost, that it isn’t time to fold up and plan for 2023. Man, he’s a train wreck.
Back on now...That may have been a commentator earlier...

Now taking responsibility...

Corn Nation guy predicted Nebraska to win 38-10 over Nebraska. His meltdown after another one score loss will be epic. Nebraska instead of rising to the ocassion for Scott Frost Puckers because of him. They are talented, it is the coaching that holds them back. That running QB only ran one play. That was a crime, he could have run the ball a lot more.
If any team could beat themselves by 38 it's Nebraska.

They’re up 7-3
I don’t think it’s crazy to say they look good.

I’m willing to bet that in the history of every football game ever played, at any level, no team has ever tried an onside kick in that same or similar situation. Particularly being a 13 or 11 point favorite. That is absolutely mind boggling and amazing. Nebraska football and Scott Frost must of upset the college football karma something fierce back in the day.

15 transfers, an almost completely new coaching staff, six transfers started. Given the relatively short practice in the spring and fall it is very difficult to get all of the pieces to fit together.
The OCs at MN, WI and IA are licking their chops watching NWA's RBs go through and around the NE defense and its famed and feared Blackshirts.

Top Bottom