NEB vs NW Game Thread

that onside kick has to go down as the stupidest decision of the season.

Frost took the life out of his own team.

I have a friend who is a Nebraska fan, and I didn't even want to gloat, because I don't like kicking a guy when he's down.

bottom line - the team with the better coach won.

Fitz is the kind of guy you would follow into a street fight.

Frost is the kind of guy you would follow off the edge of a cliff, if you were dumb enough to follow him.

Unprecedented and historic for a 13 point favorite.
If really speaks to lack of confidence in his team.

When you go up 11 on NORTHWESTERN in the second half you kick the ball deep and play defense.

That’s 4 field goals to lose for Iowa, wisconsin, and Minnesota

Is Scott Frost fired before November? If it gets ugly enough I can see them pulling the trigger the day the buyout decreases.

That didn’t take long to put blame on anyone but himself.

Did Frosty get the hook at the presser? Seemed like a quick one, although I missed the beginning. I did hear him blame the players, the tired D, saying he can’t believe they lost, that it isn’t time to fold up and plan for 2023. Man, he’s a train wreck.
There is no other game in the history of the game of football that the head coach should be blamed more for the loss than this one. #onsidekickup11in3rdqtrasa13pointfavorite

Did Frosty get the hook at the presser? Seemed like a quick one, although I missed the beginning. I did hear him blame the players, the tired D, saying he can’t believe they lost, that it isn’t time to fold up and plan for 2023. Man, he’s a train wreck.

I think Frost hooked himself quickly after getting the "will you resign" question.

Let call a spade, a spade. NW running game and O-Line looked GOOOOD!

Died laughing when NEB threw that INT. 😆
I disagree. NU running game looked solid but it’s hard for me to call it good because Nebraska had some of the worst DL play in the history of the big ten today

LOL Nebby loses by 1 score again. Love it

Frost and Brewster now have identical records as Big Ten coaches....

15-30

Have said before, if his name was anything besides Scott Frost he would have been fired a long time ago.

Will be interesting to see how the teams progress after this week. Maybe Northwestern is better than expected....time will tell

300230358-844563190260642-1745729771336288720-n.png

Frost and Brewster now have identical records as Big Ten coaches....

15-30

Have said before, if his name was anything besides Scott Frost he would have been fired a long time ago.

Will be interesting to see how the teams progress after this week. Maybe Northwestern is better than expected....time will tell
Really says something about how times have changed that a record that gets you fired at Mn doesn’t get you fired at NE

The onside kick was a weird call, but c'mon, Northwestern had 528 yards and three other drives of 75, 82 and 71 yards. Not a sure thing that Nebby wins that game with a full kickoff.
Agree. And they probably agree and that’s why they onside kicked

How did that Nebraska QB look. I’ve been, you know, doing stuff today. 🤷‍♂️

How did that Nebraska QB look. I’ve been, you know, doing stuff today. 🤷‍♂️
He looked great the first half and I was thinking oh, NO!

NW started bringing pressure in the 2nd half and he was then off.

For his first start though, I thought he looked pretty good.

Kirk Herbstreit what a dupa!
He looked solid the first half, made some nice throws and kept the play alive with his legs, but is not the ground threat Martinez was (and probably don't want him to be). Second half Northwestern brought a lot more backside pressure and he couldn't feel it, took a few sacks and got rattles. Also seemed to be off on his throws - a little behind and high. Likely an upgrade in the passing game, but needs good OL protection and also some semblance of a running game to be a game changer.

The timeout after the 2nd down play was a mistake - and was done because Frost knows he’s on the hot seat and felt like his team deserved to be up by more… which resulted in them being down.
The stupid timeout before halftime hasn’t been getting attention like the onside kick, but Frost literally handed them the TD just before half in addition to the 35 yards on the inside kick…

I remember Ciarrocca saying “players make plays” “I don’t call a play unless I think they can make it”

I wonder with that kick if Scott was trying to force his own team to make a decisive play…. on a Nebraska team that just doesn’t make those plays…

Also Neb looks tired at the end, all that puke?

I remember Ciarrocca saying “players make plays” “I don’t call a play unless I think they can make it”

I wonder with that kick if Scott was trying to force his own team to make a decisive play…. on a Nebraska team that just doesn’t make those plays…

Also Neb looks tired at the end, all that puke?
NW absolutely dominated both lines as the game wore on. Probably all that good conditioning for sure.

Also I’d be very surprised if Nebraskas QB stays healthy all year. He hangs himself out to take way too many big hits and it’s going to get him hurt at his size. Probably part of the reason he missed more and more as the game went on as NW started hitting him more frequently

The Lincoln Journal Star is the print hub for Nebbie fans. As the season wears on most content is behind the paywall but early one can get some free clicks.

Here's the link: https://journalstar.com/

Top Bottom