Miracles never cease, Davison suspended

Thought 3 games would have fit the crime. All coaches should take the lead on this but very few would do it. Pitino would not have either.

Good coaches would have addressed this before it occurred again.

But speculate away about how Pitino would have handled it.

Built, you have made statements that you are well connected with coaches outside of MN and especially with WI (like Gard, the Bennett family and Bo Ryan), help advise local minnesota players to choose schools outside of MN, has a family business that helps with recruiting and scouting for teams other than MN, know Gard and have an appreciation for him, do not have a favorable view of Pitino, contribute to the MN program which results in a high level of access from MN coaches and recruiting, have "badger" in your forum moniker. Can you confirm that you have never taken a check from Wisconsin for your services? Because, seriously, it would explain alot of your comments if you did.

Yes or no would be great.
Yes, here and other places as well. And not as a part of a family business. It is not as cut and dry on the "do not have a favorable view of Pitino " part. It is more my opinion that there are better coaches and better programs and better schools. However, it is about fit and what recruits want and more than one person has been told that Minnesota was a great place.But if a recruit or family or a coach does ask for my opinion i will give it.

Good coaches would have addressed this before it occurred again.

But speculate away about how Pitino would have handled it.
Your right, it is speculation and based on all the bad characters he brought into the program to begin with. I did state that i thought the punishment should have greater.

I do know lil brad never missed a game due to suspension from his dirty play, right 1984? I DO KNOW, and so do you, that this behavior has been ignored for multiple years. By GARD, UW, and the Big.

So questioning Gard's methods is allowable ------- after lil feller injuries someone? THEN it would be a big deal, and you and others would "come down hard" on Gard. Let's have a waring letter issued to the lil feller!!!

Being a leader requires one to make unpopular decisions at times. An unpopular decision would have been to suspend the lil feller after the second instance. THAT would have been appropriate. However, 1984, NOTHING was done then, and it took another and another cheap, dirty play by the lil feller to garner a one gamer. From the conference. Again, nothing from the classy Gard.

Gard is more concerned with winning than allowing dirty play to continue, from his team. Perhaps you have another reason why Gard didn't man up and lead a while ago?

Lindsay is getting hammered? By whom? She made a, perhaps, unpopular decision, 1984. A decision she felt was appropriate. For the team. And her program. THAT is what being an effective, respected leader is about.

Gard - not so much. Allowing players to continue with dirty play with the outcome potentially being an injury, perhaps career threatening, to the opposition. Think about if Murphy would have been severely injured by lil feller.

But Greg is just a swell guy.

Nailed It!!

Any coach that has a minimal level of ethics, morals, and character.
This is a repetitive situation. No action taken by Gard. Pathetic that you and Badger continue your defense of this garbage.

Good god. You couldn't feel the sarcasm rushing through you?

Explains the off topic posts.

Your right, it is speculation and based on all the bad characters he brought into the program to begin with. I did state that i thought the punishment should have greater.

All the bad characters? Let's hear that list.

So far we got Bo and a affair. built says "but". Gard coaches the dirtiest player in the NCAA. Doesn't do anything when he continues to hurt other players....in several cases trying to injure them.

But Pitino has bad character players.

Could somebody ban this a$$hole already? He's clearly built stupid.

We only know that he didn't suspend him or want him suspended for a game for it. People have different ideas of what discipline is appropriate. We both agree Gard should've suspended him. The difference is I can see why he didn't yet.

We don't have any idea in the slightest if they'd talked about it or not. We have no idea if Gard punished him in other ways (conditioning) or not. We have no idea if Gard told him to not do it or said keep doing it. Those are all assumptions.

We both agree that Davison's antics were bad and called for suspension. The Big 10 has done so (we both also wish the penalty had been stiffer as well).

We don't know if Gard punished him in other ways......HAHAHA!

Get that lame $hit out of here. A coach with an ounce of decency suspends a dirty player (who has a noted history) at least one game.

Not Gard. Needed the NCAA to do it.

We don't know if Gard punished him in other ways......HAHAHA!

Get that lame $hit out of here. A coach with an ounce of decency suspends a dirty player (who has a noted history) at least one game.

Not Gard. Needed the NCAA to do it.

You don’t know if Davison has other punishments in house. No one does on this forum.

The NCAA didn’t do it, the conference did. If you feel other coaches do it please find it and share then. Most I’ve seen always have the conference do it when it involves an article incident with another team. Brad Underwood just waited for the conference to suspend their guy too.

Gard imo has mishandled this like I’ve said. His one mishandling will not drive me to say he’s a bad person who lacks character. Just won’t happen.

I AM IN NO WAY defending Davison (who's a dink) or Gard, but I don't think Kill, Claeys, or Fleck, added additional suspension time to any of the Gopher defensive players that were getting targeting calls quite frequently a while back. The NCAA imposed their usual half-game suspension, but I don't think the coaches added additional time. Can't remember the one player in particular, but didn't he get several targeting calls?

I AM IN NO WAY defending Davison (who's a dink) or Gard, but I don't think Kill, Claeys, or Fleck, added additional suspension time to any of the Gopher defensive players that were getting targeting calls quite frequently a while back. The NCAA imposed their usual half-game suspension, but I don't think the coaches added additional time. Can't remember the one player in particular, but didn't he get several targeting calls?
Apples to oranges comparing that, targeting is a newer rule they are adjusting to and is a full contact sport, don't believe it was ever allowed to hit guys below the belt going around a screen lol

You don’t know if Davison has other punishments in house. No one does on this forum.

The NCAA didn’t do it, the conference did. If you feel other coaches do it please find it and share then. Most I’ve seen always have the conference do it when it involves an article incident with another team. Brad Underwood just waited for the conference to suspend their guy too.

Gard imo has mishandled this like I’ve said. His one mishandling will not drive me to say he’s a bad person who lacks character. Just won’t happen.

Did Brad Underwood's player have a WELL known history of this kind of behavior? Davison is notorious for this crap....and it's not just fans of Big Ten teams that know it.

He has had multiple examples of intentionally attempting to injure another player. This was another downright BLATANT example.

Gard clearly doesn't care. I have nothing against the guy....but he would have been fine with letting Davison skate with no repercussions. And again....LOL at the "we don't know if there were other punishments" angle. This is on the court behavior. The punishment should be removing him from the court. If Gard was serious about this kind of stuff....he would have beaten the conference to the punch.

Intention has a whole lot to do with this. Davison has a storied history of intentionally attempting to hurt and/or injure other players.

I believe it was Duke McGee from a couple of years back who had a tenancy to get called for targeting. Running full speed to hit a moving target makes some of those hits difficult to avoid. I'd be very surprised to hear someone argue that his hits had malicious intent.

I love the "I've met Gard and he's a good guy" comments. He may be a jerk behind the scenes. And it definitely doesn't mean he doesn't have the balls to punish Davison. But it's a good thing he doesn't have balls, cuz Davison would certainly take a shot at 'em.

@builtbadgers is here to poison this program. I honestly don't see any other explanation. He is Goldteam with a much more sinister spin.

How you can describe yourself as a "supporter" while spewing cyanide into the water is beyond me. You either want the team to win or you don't. There is no "bigger picture" midseason.

Simply f--k off and go spend your money on Virginia and Wiscy. The fact that you're apparently influencing young people in Minnesota is very sad. You're the Catholic priest to the Gopher basketball program.

Did anyone else catch Gard's reference to Davison in his post game interview?
Yes the captain america reference was disturbing to me especially after what he was just suspended for. Cap would never do that!

Yes the captain america reference was disturbing to me especially after what he was just suspended for. Cap would never do that!
I took my comment down because Im not certain yet he was referring to Davison - that was what they called Gasser. Who else is currently out? If he was referring to D, that's outrageous.

I had to turn off the game because I couldn't bear watching that smug turd pumping up the crowd from the bench. I'm glad he's going to be back on Wednesday, it will make the win that much more delicious.

I could debate your comment at length, but I have to wonder what it is that had endeared Davison so much to Gard. Is it that he is such a nice boy from the suburbs so he gets a pass?
Clearly Gard is showing his own bad character and disregard for every other athlete in this league. His comment is a slap at the league regarding the suspension.

@builtbadgers is here to poison this program. I honestly don't see any other explanation. He is Goldteam with a much more sinister spin.

How you can describe yourself as a "supporter" while spewing cyanide into the water is beyond me. You either want the team to win or you don't. There is no "bigger picture" midseason.

Simply f--k off and go spend your money on Virginia and Wiscy. The fact that you're apparently influencing young people in Minnesota is very sad. You're the Catholic priest to the Gopher basketball program.
Nailed it.

Yes, here and other places as well. And not as a part of a family business. It is not as cut and dry on the "do not have a favorable view of Pitino " part. It is more my opinion that there are better coaches and better programs and better schools. However, it is about fit and what recruits want and more than one person has been told that Minnesota was a great place.But if a recruit or family or a coach does ask for my opinion i will give it.

Any chance you can add that fact to all your posts going forward. For example:

"Hi @CPTMidnight, of course the recruit mentioned will never receive good teaching here at MN and while Pitino might be OK - I really like Gard - hes a great guy and Wisconsin a much better program for our best Minnesota recruits - AND I GET A CHECK FROM WISCONSIN AS A PART OF MY JOB TO HELP THEM RECRUIT THE LOCAL MINNESOTA KIDS AWAY FROM THE LOCAL PROGRAM - BUT OF COURSE i AM STILL VERY IMPARTIAL AND A GOOD GUY AND HERE TO HELP..."

anything along these lines would be very much appreciate by Coach Pitino, the Gopher basketball program and Minnesotans in general.

I saw there was a thread that was deleted by moderators over the weekend relating to this topic of agent provocateurs creating narratives here.

I hate to be the ones connecting the dots for you but you do know that letting Wisconsin recruiters push their narrative here means that a portion of Gopher basketball related news (narrative) is put in a bad light, thus recruits and families get a different feel for the potential of coming to MN. thus some recruits choose to go elsewhere when they otherwise would have stayed, thus the overall quality of recruits goes down, thus the slander of Pitino becomes a self fulfilling prophecy (and whoever the next coach happens to be), thus there is less interest in the Gophers locally and nationally, thus there are less people coming to the Gopherhole for info, thus there is less ad revenue and traffic, thus it is harder for you to turn a profit on it.

Not sure if the original founder of GH is still involved but my question for the moderators is "what are you guys doing?"

Any chance you can add that fact to all your posts going forward. For example:

"Hi @CPTMidnight, of course the recruit mentioned will never receive good teaching here at MN and while Pitino might be OK - I really like Gard - hes a great guy and Wisconsin a much better program for our best Minnesota recruits - AND I GET A CHECK FROM WISCONSIN AS A PART OF MY JOB TO HELP THEM RECRUIT THE LOCAL MINNESOTA KIDS AWAY FROM THE LOCAL PROGRAM - BUT OF COURSE i AM STILL VERY IMPARTIAL AND A GOOD GUY AND HERE TO HELP..."

anything along these lines would be very much appreciate by Coach Pitino, the Gopher basketball program and Minnesotans in general.
That is not even close to what i said.

I saw there was a thread that was deleted by moderators over the weekend relating to this topic of agent provocateurs creating narratives here.

I hate to be the ones connecting the dots for you but you do know that letting Wisconsin recruiters push their narrative here means that a portion of Gopher basketball related news (narrative) is put in a bad light, thus recruits and families get a different feel for the potential of coming to MN. thus some recruits choose to go elsewhere when they otherwise would have stayed, thus the overall quality of recruits goes down, thus the slander of Pitino becomes a self fulfilling prophecy (and whoever the next coach happens to be), thus there is less interest in the Gophers locally and nationally, thus there are less people coming to the Gopherhole for info, thus there is less ad revenue and traffic, thus it is harder for you to turn a profit on it.

Not sure if the original founder of GH is still involved but my question for the moderators is "what are you guys doing?"
Not a UW recruiter.

I suppose that's possible.

Or here's an alternate scenario: MN recruits dont want to play for Pitino.

Y'know...as long as we're throwing out ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Top Bottom