Miracles never cease, Davison suspended

Paging 1984 and Badger...…..

Can Gard issue his own suspension, 1984? You left that on blank......

And I don't agree with him not wanting to suspend him. I've said as much enough times as well. My point is I'm not going to rake him over the coals for not doing it. Disagree with his belief on this subject.

And I don't agree with him not wanting to suspend him. I've said as much enough times as well. My point is I'm not going to rake him over the coals for not doing it. Disagree with his belief on this subject.

It was obvious he was never going to suspend him. Gard has enabled him in the name of playing hard.

I don't think one accidentally does splitz as player (mason) is running by you for what should've been the winning bucket

I don't think one accidentally shuffles their feet with their hands down to undercut Jordan Murphy while he's in the air

I don't think one accidentally punches two guys in the nuts

I don't think one accidentally runs in front of a player, stops, and gets the foul for winning FT (yes it won, but plays like that can get someone hurt and is bush league)

Mi State fans felt he was diving at Miles Bridges knees.

Gard never even sat him extended period.It's safe to say Gard condones Brads play because he's been doing this crap for 2.5 years.

Did McNeil actually play minutes for the gophers? I thought he was dismissed prior to his first season, I wasn't really on top of gopher bball at that juncture in time

Did McNeil actually play minutes for the gophers? I thought he was dismissed prior to his first season, I wasn't really on top of gopher bball at that juncture in time

Yes, solid contributor his Freshman year. Played 4 games of Soph season.

Misconduct. Expelled. No appeal.

That's a university function. Not a crime. You do understand the difference between a crime and criminal record and being expelled from an institution, yes?

That's a university function. Not a crime. You do understand the difference between a crime and criminal record and being expelled from an institution, yes?

Yes, I do. He was arrested and detained, but not "charged" criminally. As stated though, he was expelled yet Pitino continued to play him throughout 1.5 seasons.

My response was from you questioning Built's use of criminals having played for the Gophers. Perhaps "criminal"/singular is more correct. You got me. 1 criminal and another suspended for misconduct.

Carry on. No glass houses in Dinkytown.

I respect and don't disagree with your views on leaders making tough decisions. To chastise him over a poor system isn't really fair is my point. Also to rip his character isn't right imo. To question his methods? ABSOLUTLEY!!!! It's a message board. Go for it!!
Define poor system.

character defines the decisions you make.

Yes, I do. He was arrested and detained, but not "charged" criminally. As stated though, he was expelled yet Pitino continued to play him throughout 1.5 seasons.

My response was from you questioning Built's use of criminals having played for the Gophers. Perhaps "criminal"/singular is more correct. You got me. 1 criminal and another suspended for misconduct.

Carry on. No glass houses in Dinkytown.

Also McNeil was never a criminal when he played for the Gophers. He was quickly kicked off the team after that happened. And and if anybody wants to imply that a coach is supposed to be able to project a kid's ability to lose his mind and commit a crime when he's no previous criminal issues...well, they're furthering an agenda.

No way is any coach going to suspend their player without seeing what the conference does first! What good is it going to do when he suspends davison for one game and then the big ten throws two more games on the suspension. Might as well just see what the conference does first. Does Gard think that davison is wrong? Probably! Why would he suspend him more than what the conference does? He's trying to make the tourney like everyone else is on his team. I guess gard can suspend him 12 games too, but is that fair to the rest of the team and the seniors trying to make the tourney? Davison is a toolbag, but as for wisconsin is concerned he's not the only one on the team. Conference gave him 1 game and that's fair. Gard is not a bad guy for letting the conference determine his fate! I know this was brought up earlier by built, but does anybody actually think pitino would have taken the initiative and suspended someone before the conference handled it? I don't think any big ten coach handles it any different than how gard handled it.

Probably mostly forgotten about by now, but, in his first season here, Pitino did suspend Mo Walker for 6 games for “undisclosed violation of team rules,” which I believe ended up being marijuana use.

I suppose you could say it’s different since using marijuana is actually illegal and didn’t occur on the court, but it also seems like the kind of thing you could theoretically just give a player a slap on the wrist for behind closed doors, and the public would be none the wiser.

Bet he'll have a shorter leash now and they'll be quick to suspend him for longer if the crap continues.

It was obvious he was never going to suspend him. Gard has enabled him in the name of playing hard.

I don't think one accidentally does splitz as player (mason) is running by you for what should've been the winning bucket

I don't think one accidentally shuffles their feet with their hands down to undercut Jordan Murphy while he's in the air

I don't think one accidentally punches two guys in the nuts

I don't think one accidentally runs in front of a player, stops, and gets the foul for winning FT (yes it won, but plays like that can get someone hurt and is bush league)

Mi State fans felt he was diving at Miles Bridges knees.

Gard never even sat him extended period.It's safe to say Gard condones Brads play because he's been doing this crap for 2.5 years.
Yup.

What’s fun is badger takes potshot after potshot at rp and 1984 protects Gard and lil Brad. And no mention of badger and his unnecessary shots at the u of Mn coach.

Probably mostly forgotten about by now, but, in his first season here, Pitino did suspend Mo Walker for 6 games for “undisclosed violation of team rules,” which I believe ended up being marijuana use.

I suppose you could say it’s different since using marijuana is actually illegal and didn’t occur on the court, but it also seems like the kind of thing you could theoretically just give a player a slap on the wrist for behind closed doors, and the public would be none the wiser.
Yes that would be something that is handled internally.

What’s fun is badger takes potshot after potshot at rp and 1984 protects Gard and lil Brad. And no mention of badger and his unnecessary shots at the u of Mn coach.

I will never protect Davison from his poor choices. I've played the game, coached the game, and met Gard. I only speak from my experiences. My experience has taught me Gard is a good person. It's also taught me that there is a process for suspending a player that most follow when it comes to on the court incidents against another conference opponent. I respect your feelings about Davison and Gard and you have that right just as much as I do about his character.

I think there's a pretty big difference between judging a coach personally on how he responds to verifiable, obvious misconduct on the court, and allegations of misconduct off the court, for which there is a due process outside of their control. In this case we're talking about something completely within the coach's purview and scope of disciplinary response. I personally wonder if Gard has control of his team - and specifically Davison when this is his response. But maybe he's totally down with this behavior because its been going on long enough for him to have intervened if he wanted to.

The coach is responsible for the conduct of his players. He is also a mentor and teacher of how to play the game and treat others. Gard could easily stop this crap. If the kid was leaving his opponent open for easy shots he would change that behavior. If a coach allows his players to be dirty it is a direct reflection on his character. I don’t care if you have met him and he seemed nice to you, he is a low life SOB for encouraging his players to play dirty.

BUILT!

Still waiting on your apology on assuming that Pitino would allow his players to be dirty like Gard! That was a stupid attack on our coaches character.

I will never protect Davison from his poor choices. I've played the game, coached the game, and met Gard. I only speak from my experiences. My experience has taught me Gard is a good person. It's also taught me that there is a process for suspending a player that most follow when it comes to on the court incidents against another conference opponent. I respect your feelings about Davison and Gard and you have that right just as much as I do about his character.
Sounds to me like a Badger basketball forum would be a better fit for you than GopherHole. You keep flaunting how you've met Gard and think he's a 'great guy' but that doesn't suddenly absolve the fact that he's allowed Brad "bible" Davison to cheap shot players for 2.5 years.

If Gard possesses such high character why is he complaining about a 1 game suspension? One f'ing game is way too soft for that cheating scum and everyone knows it.

The coach is responsible for the conduct of his players. He is also a mentor and teacher of how to play the game and treat others. Gard could easily stop this crap. If the kid was leaving his opponent open for easy shots he would change that behavior. If a coach allows his players to be dirty it is a direct reflection on his character. I don’t care if you have met him and he seemed nice to you, he is a low life SOB for encouraging his players to play dirty.
It’s obvious he has a bias with Davison. Not the first or last coach to have that. It may cost him his job or at least a tournament birth this year. He’s still not a low life

Sounds to me like a Badger basketball forum would be a better fit for you than GopherHole. You keep flaunting how you've met Gard and think he's a 'great guy' but that doesn't suddenly absolve the fact that he's allowed Brad "bible" Davison to cheap shot players for 2.5 years.

If Gard possesses such high character why is he complaining about a 1 game suspension? One f'ing game is way too soft for that cheating scum and everyone knows it.

Lol, you have a right to your opinion, but this topic is about BRAD DAVISON AND WISCONSIN!! I'm not flaunting about how I've met Gard, I'm bringing another perspective to a message board from my experiences. I'm a diehard gophers fan and have been since I was a child. Just because I've had some different experiences and don't have a "hatred" for Wisconsin doesn't make me a better fit.

I'll say this one more time and then I'll let it go as I don't expect to change everybody's mind. I think the suspension from the big ten was too soft. I think Gard's handling of this situation wasn't good as well. I however can see and even understand (NOT AGREE WITH):

1. Why Gard/UW waited for the conference to do it. This also easily could've been at the request of the AD too. Until I see some coaches do it themselves, then I'll hold Gard over the coals, but I don't see Underwood getting the same treatment. Self "suspended" Azibouke until the conference made the decision. It's typical protocol and I understand why coaches follow it.

2. Why Gard likes Davison and is sticking up for him. Davison's antics has been pathetic, but as a person and a teammate, you will not find many people who will ever say a negative thing about the kid. He's an incredibly hard worker that for some reason when the game lights come on has made some terrible lapses in judgement. He's a 21 year old kid who I'm hoping is going to learn from this crap and know it off. I'm guessing he's smart enough to do so, but if he doesn't, I'd hope to see his suspensions get significantly tougher (3 games to start at least)

The holier than thou on this board can be a little much sometimes. People make mistakes and to disagree with them and discuss it is more than fair. I hope Gard figures it out and sees his bias and error, if not it will be his job that will be lost.

As for Davison, I hope he grows out of this. He's 21 years old and making some very poor decisions that could effect other peoples basketball careers and it's not ok. I'm hoping this suspension will hopefully guide him to being better. If not, I hope the conference continues to come down on him.

Lol, you have a right to your opinion, but this topic is about BRAD DAVISON AND WISCONSIN!! I'm not flaunting about how I've met Gard, I'm bringing another perspective to a message board from my experiences. I'm a diehard gophers fan and have been since I was a child. Just because I've had some different experiences and don't have a "hatred" for Wisconsin doesn't make me a better fit.

I'll say this one more time and then I'll let it go as I don't expect to change everybody's mind. I think the suspension from the big ten was too soft. I think Gard's handling of this situation wasn't good as well. I however can see and even understand (NOT AGREE WITH):

1. Why Gard/UW waited for the conference to do it. This also easily could've been at the request of the AD too. Until I see some coaches do it themselves, then I'll hold Gard over the coals, but I don't see Underwood getting the same treatment. Self "suspended" Azibouke until the conference made the decision. It's typical protocol and I understand why coaches follow it.

2. Why Gard likes Davison and is sticking up for him. Davison's antics has been pathetic, but as a person and a teammate, you will not find many people who will ever say a negative thing about the kid. He's an incredibly hard worker that for some reason when the game lights come on has made some terrible lapses in judgement. He's a 21 year old kid who I'm hoping is going to learn from this crap and know it off. I'm guessing he's smart enough to do so, but if he doesn't, I'd hope to see his suspensions get significantly tougher (3 games to start at least)

The holier than thou on this board can be a little much sometimes. People make mistakes and to disagree with them and discuss it is more than fair. I hope Gard figures it out and sees his bias and error, if not it will be his job that will be lost.

As for Davison, I hope he grows out of this. He's 21 years old and making some very poor decisions that could effect other peoples basketball careers and it's not ok. I'm hoping this suspension will hopefully guide him to being better. If not, I hope the conference continues to come down on him.
Hatred for Wisconsin is not the issue.
Gard and ignoring lil Brad’s antics is the issue. Gard has encouraged the dirty behavior by ignoring it. Multiple times.
No other way to slice it, if you are being honest.

Hatred for Wisconsin is not the issue.
Gard and ignoring lil Brad’s antics is the issue. Gard has encouraged the dirty behavior by ignoring it. Multiple times.
No other way to slice it, if you are being honest.

We only know that he didn't suspend him or want him suspended for a game for it. People have different ideas of what discipline is appropriate. We both agree Gard should've suspended him. The difference is I can see why he didn't yet.

We don't have any idea in the slightest if they'd talked about it or not. We have no idea if Gard punished him in other ways (conditioning) or not. We have no idea if Gard told him to not do it or said keep doing it. Those are all assumptions.

We both agree that Davison's antics were bad and called for suspension. The Big 10 has done so (we both also wish the penalty had been stiffer as well).

Have met and chatted with Gard as well...
1. he is a nice guy (so what, many coaches are including our own)
2. WI sucks, I hope Gard loses every game he coaches there
3. Gard handled this poorly
4. His seat is less than comfy right now

Don’t go trying to say it is a problem with us who object to the behavior of this low life. It is not a mistake! It is intentional and repetitive where he attempts to hurt opponent players in the name of “winning“. He takes advantage of the fact that other players and coaches will not stoop to his antics, otherwise he would have been in the hospital already. You can’t defend the character of a person that will constantly cheat and hurt other players in order to get a competitive advantage. It is his true character that is showing through when he does this stuff instinctively. So far, he has been rewarded for such behavior by getting playing time with no punishment. As a coach, would you allow a kid on your youth team to do these things? And don’t go calling him a kid, many men younger than him have to deal with the responsibilities of killing people in war.

Don’t go trying to say it is a problem with us who object to the behavior of this low life. It is not a mistake! It is intentional and repetitive where he attempts to hurt opponent players in the name of “winning“. He takes advantage of the fact that other players and coaches will not stoop to his antics, otherwise he would have been in the hospital already. You can’t defend the character of a person that will constantly cheat and hurt other players in order to get a competitive advantage. It is his true character that is showing through when he does this stuff instinctively. So far, he has been rewarded for such behavior by getting playing time with no punishment. As a coach, would you allow a kid on your youth team to do these things? And don’t go calling him a kid, many men younger than him have to deal with the responsibilities of killing people in war.

I read Gard's response to the suspension. He disagreed vehemently sliding into an argument about the slippery slope of issuing suspensions while divining intent of the player. He agreed with the call in the game but was adamant in his opposition to the suspension.

Interestingly enough, in the BIG's announcement it referred to a "pattern of behavior." If this was Davison's first offense, likely no suspension. It was telling that Gard made no reference to the pattern and history whatsoever. He's dodging the issue that infuriates most of us, which speaks to his credibility on the question.

Now, let's bury the Badgers next week.

BUILT!

Still waiting on your apology on assuming that Pitino would allow his players to be dirty like Gard! That was a stupid attack on our coaches character.

Built, you have made statements that you are well connected with coaches outside of MN and especially with WI (like Gard, the Bennett family and Bo Ryan), help advise local minnesota players to choose schools outside of MN, has a family business that helps with recruiting and scouting for teams other than MN, know Gard and have an appreciation for him, do not have a favorable view of Pitino, contribute to the MN program which results in a high level of access from MN coaches and recruiting, have "badger" in your forum moniker. Can you confirm that you have never taken a check from Wisconsin for your services? Because, seriously, it would explain alot of your comments if you did.

Yes or no would be great.

Perfectly stated.

Top Bottom