Miracles never cease, Davison suspended

Ah yes...….

Badger's true look is back for all to see. Again. Finally, some are seeing the light.

Yet another cheap, cheap shot at the MN coach. And silence from Badger on Gard, a classy guy according to Badger.

All this from Badger and the real issue is the dirty play, over and over and over, from Bader's boy Gard's player. Quite a pattern of garbage from the player - for a long period of time.

Yup, Badger sure wants Pitino to succeed at MN. :confused:

What we are talking about is what Gard actually did. If you want to say most coaches would do the same fine. There was no reason to bring Pitino into it other than to take a shot at him. Low blow, unsubstantiated and unnecessary. We know that Gard has repeatedly done nothing about Davison's dirty play and that's all that we know.
Yup.

And yet, Badger takes a shot at Pitino. Another cheap shot.

Some of you that have backed Badger should come back now and own it.

catching up, why was he suspended?

Took another shot at an opponents groin (Connor McCaffery), as well as on the same play kind of leg-whipping and hook & holding McCaffery while trying to "get around" a screen.

Best part is the Big Ten acknowledged in its press release that "pattern of behavior" was part of the reason for the suspension. He's officially a marked man now. To me that means steeper penalties likely with further similar transgressions.

Is there video of this transgression?

Thought 3 games would have fit the crime. All coaches should take the lead on this but very few would do it. Pitino would not have either.

I guess we all have different standards, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do not believe in defending ones lack of actions based on hypotheticals involving other completely unrelated to the case. Its a sport though and we all are able to set different standards and expectations.

Your right. Several shots at Gard without knowing that Alvarez handled it with the conference. Still i thought Gard should have done three games. Of course coaches face these decisions all the time in recruiting kids with issues or bad character. We have seen it here many times. With Brad it could not have been seen in recruiting but now there is a pattern of behavior that is way over the line.Calling Gard names is a bad look in my opinion especially since we have had guys play that were criminals.

Criminals? Tell me about all the charges filed against players under Pitino. Please, I'm waiting.

Oh, if you're talking about moral crimes or crimes of sin, I'm pretty sure your boy Bo committed one of the worst "crimes" with his adultery.

Also, didn't Wiscy actually allow a football player (Cephus) who was charged and tried with sexual assault BACK onto the team and campus this season. On our campus, Lynch never even saw any charges, yet was kicked off campus through Title 9.

I guess the Badgers really do things the "right" way though, huh?

Criminals? Tell me about all the charges filed against players under Pitino. Please, I'm waiting.

Oh, if you're talking about moral crimes or crimes of sin, I'm pretty sure your boy Bo committed one of the worst "crimes" with his adultery.

Also, didn't Wiscy actually allow a football player (Cephus) who was charged and tried with sexual assault BACK onto the team and campus this season. On our campus, Lynch never even saw any charges, yet was kicked off campus through Title 9.

I guess the Badgers really do things the "right" way though, huh?
:clap:

Is there video of this transgression?

If it was an isolated incident, he wouldn't have been suspended. I also think it goes beyond the nut shot. I know the Gophers submitted video of Davison last year trying to take out Murphy's ankles

Murphy play

Your right. Several shots at Gard without knowing that Alvarez handled it with the conference. Still i thought Gard should have done three games. Of course coaches face these decisions all the time in recruiting kids with issues or bad character. We have seen it here many times. With Brad it could not have been seen in recruiting but now there is a pattern of behavior that is way over the line.Calling Gard names is a bad look in my opinion especially since we have had guys play that were criminals.
Criminals... Built you still waiting on a bonus check from Wisky for steering kids in their direction?

Not sure what your point is, considering Pitino recruited Daquein McNeil and Reggie Lynch.

Gard is a good dude. How many coaches do you know would've suspended a guy?
Any coach that has a minimal level of ethics, morals, and character.
This is a repetitive situation. No action taken by Gard. Pathetic that you and Badger continue your defense of this garbage.

Any coach that has a minimal level of ethics, morals, and character.
This is a repetitive situation. No action taken by Gard. Pathetic that you and Badger continue your defense of this garbage.
Agree that it should be coaches, but it typically is turned over to the conferences. I’m not condoning Davison’s actions, they were wrong, but way way way worse and less professional coaches that Greg Gard. Badger and I have both met Greg Gard and can speak of him with our experiences and interactions with him. Can you?

Agree that it should be coaches, but it typically is turned over to the conferences. I’m not condoning Davison’s actions, they were wrong, but way way way worse and less professional coaches that Greg Gard. Badger and I have both met Greg Gard and can speak of him with our experiences and interactions with him. Can you?
Correct me if I am wrong, 1984, but could Gard not assess a suspension on his own, without the conference?

You go on to say "they were wrong, but …" . But? Really?

Gard taking zero action on HIS player, after repeated instances of the same dirty play, over multiple seasons, is condoning his own players actions. Gard wants to keep lil brad on the court so GARD has a better chance at winning. Quite simple, really. Even though you don't want to admit the obvious.

As long as you and Badger have met Gard, then all is swell!!!!! No, I have never met him nor had any interactions with him. Taking no action is very telling, 1984. Winning is more important than removing a known risk for injuring opposing players. Ethics, morals, and character appear to not be high on Gard, your, or badgers list of positive personal traits.

Look at the video of lil feller attempting to take out Murphy and his latest shot the other night. Then tell us all how wondering Gard is.

Correct me if I am wrong, 1984, but could Gard not assess a suspension on his own, without the conference?

You go on to say "they were wrong, but …" . But? Really?

Gard taking zero action on HIS player, after repeated instances of the same dirty play, over multiple seasons, is condoning his own players actions. Gard wants to keep lil brad on the court so GARD has a better chance at winning. Quite simple, really. Even though you don't want to admit the obvious.

As long as you and Badger have met Gard, then all is swell!!!!! No, I have never met him nor had any interactions with him. Taking no action is very telling, 1984. Winning is more important than removing a known risk for injuring opposing players. Ethics, morals, and character appear to not be high on Gard, your, or badgers list of positive personal traits.

Look at the video of lil feller attempting to take out Murphy and his latest shot the other night. Then tell us all how wondering Gard is.

How do you know there wasn't punishments for warnings for Davison? You don't know. It's a flaw in the system no doubt and that was my point. Attacking Gard's character isn't fair yet at this point imo. You can do you, but I'm just saying he's not a bad person. The Big Ten also suspended Griffin instead of Underwood doing it. You want to call him a bad person too? What about Self waiting for the NCAA and Big 12 to suspend Azubuike? It's also some layering/protection from the coach. Our womens coach is getting hammered right now for suspending a player. I see why they don't and let the people above them control that.

Davison's plays were cheap and terrible and I'm not ever going to disagree with that. He deserved more than one game imo. I hope they hold him accountable and become more strict with him if he continues.

No way is any coach going to suspend their player without seeing what the conference does first! What good is it going to do when he suspends davison for one game and then the big ten throws two more games on the suspension. Might as well just see what the conference does first. Does Gard think that davison is wrong? Probably! Why would he suspend him more than what the conference does? He's trying to make the tourney like everyone else is on his team. I guess gard can suspend him 12 games too, but is that fair to the rest of the team and the seniors trying to make the tourney? Davison is a toolbag, but as for wisconsin is concerned he's not the only one on the team. Conference gave him 1 game and that's fair. Gard is not a bad guy for letting the conference determine his fate! I know this was brought up earlier by built, but does anybody actually think pitino would have taken the initiative and suspended someone before the conference handled it? I don't think any big ten coach handles it any different than how gard handled it.

How do you know there wasn't punishments for warnings for Davison? You don't know. It's a flaw in the system no doubt and that was my point. Attacking Gard's character isn't fair yet at this point imo. You can do you, but I'm just saying he's not a bad person. The Big Ten also suspended Griffin instead of Underwood doing it. You want to call him a bad person too? What about Self waiting for the NCAA and Big 12 to suspend Azubuike? It's also some layering/protection from the coach. Our womens coach is getting hammered right now for suspending a player. I see why they don't and let the people above them control that.

Davison's plays were cheap and terrible and I'm not ever going to disagree with that. He deserved more than one game imo. I hope they hold him accountable and become more strict with him if he continues.
I do know lil brad never missed a game due to suspension from his dirty play, right 1984? I DO KNOW, and so do you, that this behavior has been ignored for multiple years. By GARD, UW, and the Big.

So questioning Gard's methods is allowable ------- after lil feller injuries someone? THEN it would be a big deal, and you and others would "come down hard" on Gard. Let's have a waring letter issued to the lil feller!!!

Being a leader requires one to make unpopular decisions at times. An unpopular decision would have been to suspend the lil feller after the second instance. THAT would have been appropriate. However, 1984, NOTHING was done then, and it took another and another cheap, dirty play by the lil feller to garner a one gamer. From the conference. Again, nothing from the classy Gard.

Gard is more concerned with winning than allowing dirty play to continue, from his team. Perhaps you have another reason why Gard didn't man up and lead a while ago?

Lindsay is getting hammered? By whom? She made a, perhaps, unpopular decision, 1984. A decision she felt was appropriate. For the team. And her program. THAT is what being an effective, respected leader is about.

Gard - not so much. Allowing players to continue with dirty play with the outcome potentially being an injury, perhaps career threatening, to the opposition. Think about if Murphy would have been severely injured by lil feller.

But Greg is just a swell guy.

Not sure what your point is, considering Pitino recruited Daquein McNeil and Reggie Lynch.

You're right. Forgot about McNeil.

But tell me what Lynch was charged with??

Thought 3 games would have fit the crime. All coaches should take the lead on this but very few would do it. Pitino would not have either.
What makes you think it would have been handled any different here ? Gard should did not do what i think he should have.
What we are talking about is what Gard actually did. If you want to say most coaches would do the same fine. There was no reason to bring Pitino into it other than to take a shot at him. Low blow, unsubstantiated and unnecessary. We know that Gard has repeatedly done nothing about Davison's dirty play and that's all that we know.

Seriously yo - I'm usually a fan of the insight you provide, but man you work in a shot at Pitino every chance you get - give it a rest. Finally, say what you will about the players Pitino has brought in, and whether or not that had character issues beforehand, but most of the issues have been handled in what seems a swift, proactive way, and not from the B1G Commissioner.

No way is any coach going to suspend their player without seeing what the conference does first! What good is it going to do when he suspends davison for one game and then the big ten throws two more games on the suspension. Might as well just see what the conference does first. Does Gard think that davison is wrong? Probably! Why would he suspend him more than what the conference does? He's trying to make the tourney like everyone else is on his team. I guess gard can suspend him 12 games too, but is that fair to the rest of the team and the seniors trying to make the tourney? Davison is a toolbag, but as for wisconsin is concerned he's not the only one on the team. Conference gave him 1 game and that's fair. Gard is not a bad guy for letting the conference determine his fate! I know this was brought up earlier by built, but does anybody actually think pitino would have taken the initiative and suspended someone before the conference handled it? I don't think any big ten coach handles it any different than how gard handled it.

Amen. B10 finally stepped in (late imo) and did something. Hopefully they still tow the line

I do know lil brad never missed a game due to suspension from his dirty play, right 1984? I DO KNOW, and so do you, that this behavior has been ignored for multiple years. By GARD, UW, and the Big.

So questioning Gard's methods is allowable ------- after lil feller injuries someone? THEN it would be a big deal, and you and others would "come down hard" on Gard. Let's have a waring letter issued to the lil feller!!!

Being a leader requires one to make unpopular decisions at times. An unpopular decision would have been to suspend the lil feller after the second instance. THAT would have been appropriate. However, 1984, NOTHING was done then, and it took another and another cheap, dirty play by the lil feller to garner a one gamer. From the conference. Again, nothing from the classy Gard.

Gard is more concerned with winning than allowing dirty play to continue, from his team. Perhaps you have another reason why Gard didn't man up and lead a while ago?

Lindsay is getting hammered? By whom? She made a, perhaps, unpopular decision, 1984. A decision she felt was appropriate. For the team. And her program. THAT is what being an effective, respected leader is about.

Gard - not so much. Allowing players to continue with dirty play with the outcome potentially being an injury, perhaps career threatening, to the opposition. Think about if Murphy would have been severely injured by lil feller.

But Greg is just a swell guy.

I respect and don't disagree with your views on leaders making tough decisions. To chastise him over a poor system isn't really fair is my point. Also to rip his character isn't right imo. To question his methods? ABSOLUTLEY!!!! It's a message board. Go for it!!

Top Bottom