Miracles never cease, Davison suspended

Post whatever you guys want on here but if you are constantly slamming Pitino it is about the same as sitting behind the gopher bench and screaming Pitino sucks every game. You might be right but what are you trying to do? How does that help anyone? Better to avoid the nagging wife fan syndrome and help him recruit by supporting him online, or encouraging him, or fedexing Coyles office letting him know know you turn in your tickets this year if Pitino is still here. I can guarentee you he will remember that far more than a belligerent fan on GH. [Hi Mark, you can thank me later ;) ]
Oh, the irony.

You are going to need to connect the dots for me on that one.

Covey leader to raven - talk to me Johnny...
LOL. In the same post (same paragraph!) in which you claim posting on GH is the same as sitting behind the bench and screaming Pitino sucks, you turn around and claim posting on GH won't be remembered at all, it'd take an email to Coyle.

Which is it?

LOL. In the same post (same paragraph!) in which you claim posting on GH is the same as sitting behind the bench and screaming Pitino sucks, you turn around and claim posting on GH won't be remembered at all, it'd take an email to Coyle.

Which is it?

Rereading it probably is in order here USAF as you are misquoting.

It would be funny if Goldy and the student section wore them.
That would be hilarious!!! Doubtful for Goldy, but student section could pull that off. Based on the video interview of Davison (where he was struggling to hold back a big grin as he was questioned about the nut-foul), he might enjoy it.

Think what you want. My interest is in giving my honest opinion on fit based on a recruit and his or her families criteria. That may and has spelled Minnesota, sometimes it does not. Call me a troll or any other name you like. We each choose to conduct ourselves in each situation. I do not pursue giving advice, am rarely sought out. There is little to no influence to what I offer and zero to what I post. the mods can ban me when they see fit. Your entitled to your opinion. I will not attack you for a message I disagree with.
All of this may be true.
Yet, you repeatedly take potshots at Pitino. That is a fact.
Badger is not a supporter of gopher bb.

All of this may be true.
Yet, you repeatedly take potshots at Pitino. That is a fact.
Badger is not a supporter of gopher bb.
Quit lying. I am literally a supporter of Gopher Basketball. Who appointed you to determine who a supporter is. What about people that write large checks, buy tickets, go to home and away games, cheer like crazy but watch with a analytical eye, expect a ton ? Or is it someone who just cheers wildly for all things Gophers no matter the results ? Your not in charge of who gets a gold fan card. Some people support more than one program either through past affiliation, alma mater, professional relationship. Some of us a huge college basketball fans, fans and friends with coaches and or AD's. On nearly 8 decades now, no one determines my level of involvement but me. We ran clinics for years and support young players for years. I do not just put on a gopher jersey and blindly cheer. If my handle offends thin skinned folks, so be it. It is a nickname.

Hey, any of you guys hear that Davison got suspended for the Wisconsin/Michigan State game? Someone ought to start a thread . . .

Quit lying. I am literally a supporter of Gopher Basketball. Who appointed you to determine who a supporter is. What about people that write large checks, buy tickets, go to home and away games, cheer like crazy but watch with a analytical eye, expect a ton ? Or is it someone who just cheers wildly for all things Gophers no matter the results ? Your not in charge of who gets a gold fan card. Some people support more than one program either through past affiliation, alma mater, professional relationship. Some of us a huge college basketball fans, fans and friends with coaches and or AD's. On nearly 8 decades now, no one determines my level of involvement but me. We ran clinics for years and support young players for years. I do not just put on a gopher jersey and blindly cheer. If my handle offends thin skinned folks, so be it. It is a nickname.
Watching with an analytical eye does not equate to your continual potshots at the MN coach.

Badger, you don't fool me on bit, and never have. Others wont call you out. I will.

Stop lying about your support of MN bb.

I sometimes get a little frustrated with builtbadger's shots at our current coach, but feel the quality information he provides make it more than worth it. The good far outweighs the bad. For those who can't handle it, please block and move on. The constant whining makes these threads tough to navigate. (I may need to take my own advice and start blocking the people who continually engage in bitter shoe-size contests.)

I sometimes get a little frustrated with builtbadger's shots at our current coach, but feel the quality information he provides make it more than worth it. The good far outweighs the bad. For those who can't handle it, please block and move on. The constant whining makes these threads tough to navigate. (I may need to take my own advice and start blocking the people who continually engage in bitter shoe-size contests.)
Take your own advice. Or open your eyes to the facts on badger.

misquoting?

MISQUOTING??

I literally copied and pasted your quote, word for word.
claim posting on GH won't be remembered at all,

This is the part. Look, I am happy to go back and forth and enjoy the banter but you need to at least make an effort. Please pick it up if you want to continue.

Take your own advice. Or open your eyes to the facts on badger.

Lighten up, Francis. This ain't international espionage. Some of us simply come here for a quick mental break and to learn about our favorite team. Not everyone needs to be as angry as you.

#hashtagsarestupid

Lighten up, Francis. This ain't international espionage. Some of us simply come here for a quick mental break and to learn about our favorite team. Not everyone needs to be as angry as you.

#hashtagsarestupid

Agree. This thread has begun to really suck. I feel like I do when I read the latest U.S. news.

#hashtagsarestupid
Correct.

Calling a spade a spade is not anger. Recognize reality once in a while.

Can't imagine that if my son were a d1 recruit that I wouldn't look at message boards to get a feel for things. Recruits may not look at these boards but would think their influencers do.

Correct.

Calling a spade a spade is not anger. Recognize reality once in a while.

Clearly you like to pick fights, but if you really want people to hear you, try all-caps. It really drives the point home.

I understand why you get frustrated with built, but I don’t get why you can’t ignore and move on. I will take my own advice and ignore you from now on. Feel free to take a deep breath and try to relax. Also maybe try a dose of that reality you were talking about.

Ski-U-Mah!

Just for the record. I dont know you from Adam. You could be a 16 yo in your mothers basement or you could be Greg Gard himself. Or you could be a freelance recruiting consultant that scouts and recruits Minnesota kids to programs outside of Minnesota like Wisconsin, VA, and others getting paid along the way from these programs and having a vested interest in Minnesota kids not being too attached to the local program.

My bet is on the latter BECAUSE THIS IS WHO YOU HAVE CLAIMED TO BE ON THIS BOARD.

Back to Davison. I am way old which will explain this comparison, but I see Davison as a less talented version of Steve Grote, a hard-nosed player for Michigan in the mid-1970s. Grote wasn't as flagrant in his behavior as Davison--who is simply a cheap-shot artist when it comes to the outside the boundaries stuff--but he got away with some maddening antics. Another distinction is that those Michigan teams Grote played on were really effin' good.

Back to Davison. I am way old which will explain this comparison, but I see Davison as a less talented version of Steve Grote, a hard-nosed player for Michigan in the mid-1970s. Grote wasn't as flagrant in his behavior as Davison--who is simply a cheap-shot artist when it comes to the outside the boundaries stuff--but he got away with some maddening antics. Another distinction is that those Michigan teams Grote played on were really effin' good.

You allude to this, but I think it is worth highlighting that being a hard nosed player is different than being dirty. I dont have a problem (and actually really love) hard nosed players who go hard after rebounds and loose balls, even though they will sometimes get called for fouls that anger their opponent. That is not at all the same thing as trying to discretely get away with ringing the chapel bells as you run though a screen. I detest a player who does something like that.

I should expect to be sore after playing a good physical team. I shouldn't expect to need to ice the family jewels.

Top Bottom