FSU Want to leave ACC and come to B1G

Its fun to watch you repeat the same things you were wrong about before and pretend you have some authority about stuff. You posted this same tripe multiple times about Washington and Oregon.

I doubt FSU ever joins, but not because of anything you post or say. You are the Doogie of this board, I bet the opposite of what you say and cash in more often than not!
He's like the infamous Lakes Bison who's been polluting college football forums for decades, spouting garbage ideas and theories.

It wouldn’t exclusively prove that they are an institutional fit, because that could also just be the onset of some Premier League that has nothing to do with the academic values of the Big Ten.

We will see what happens.
😂

“If the opposite of what I think happens that in no way will be proof I was wrong”
-MPLSGopher

PS: institutions are about more than academics

Agreed 100%. It aligns with SEC in this sense

Probably right … because that is probably true at any university. Not sure what you mean exactly that happens here but doesn’t happen at Clemson or Bama, in this sense.
That is NOT true at any university. Clearly you haven’t been around many universities if you think they all operate the same

Probably 5 ACC teams want out. The exit fees are enormous. Big Ten and SEC want to pick and choose only the best.

North Carolina is interesting because of the basketball connection and a high academic institution.

If most teams voted to leave the ACC, then another trigger kicks in but the lessor teams would never vote for that because the Big Ten and SEC do not want them.

Stanford that just left Pac-12 for ACC is real interesting, jumping from a sinking ship to thin ice. Apparently Big Ten is not interested in Stanford. I would like Stanford for the basketball and also another team out west for west and midwest teams to play. Stanford is not lucrative enough, I suspect.

I think Clemson wants out the worst. Clemson and that whole area is cool to visit. And for the record, they have an African-American Republican senator and other prominent leaders, plus a former governor who was technically a woman of color, a Hindu daughter of immigrants who converted to Christianity, Nikki Haley, and pushed to get the Confederate flag off the state capital and greatly popular through it all. So the new South Carolina and the people aren't as Confederate as some believe. Golf there is excellent.

Rumor or lies or actually happening….we will all learn more when 1/31/2024 rolls around

We all know this, ACC doesn’t have the prestige that SEC or B1G has and what happened in the CFP selection committee this year further proved that!

For FSU to be left out of CFP as an UNDEFEATED conference CHAMP it isn’t sitting well with anyone that has anything to do with FSU (alums, students, fans, admin, the state of FL, and even the ACC commissioner) so hearing “rumors” about FSU wanting to exit the ACC isn’t that far fetched.

Then the question is where will they go? Well, they gotta upgrade right? Then it’s either the SEC or B1G!

Stay tuned…..our ever changing NCAA college football realm

Its fun to watch you repeat the same things you were wrong about before and pretend you have some authority about stuff. You posted this same tripe multiple times about Washington and Oregon.

I doubt FSU ever joins, but not because of anything you post or say. You are the Doogie of this board, I bet the opposite of what you say and cash in more often than not!
Yeah, and also funny when he edits your post down to a couple words or sentance when responding.

Probably 5 ACC teams want out. The exit fees are enormous. Big Ten and SEC want to pick and choose only the best.

North Carolina is interesting because of the basketball connection and a high academic institution.

If most teams voted to leave the ACC, then another trigger kicks in but the lessor teams would never vote for that because the Big Ten and SEC do not want them.

Stanford that just left Pac-12 for ACC is real interesting, jumping from a sinking ship to thin ice. Apparently Big Ten is not interested in Stanford. I would like Stanford for the basketball and also another team out west for west and midwest teams to play. Stanford is not lucrative enough, I suspect.

I think Clemson wants out the worst. Clemson and that whole area is cool to visit. And for the record, they have an African-American Republican senator and other prominent leaders, plus a former governor who was technically a woman of color, a Hindu daughter of immigrants who converted to Christianity, Nikki Haley, and pushed to get the Confederate flag off the state capital and greatly popular through it all. So the new South Carolina and the people aren't as Confederate as some believe. Golf there is excellent.
Honestly for me there is not a team in the ACC I would want in the B1G other than Stanford.

Honestly for me there is not a team in the ACC I would want in the B1G other than Stanford.
Agree, however, if the big ten gets big enough that it has to sub-divide it could actually make the conference feel smaller. That is what I’m cheering for

If both FSU and Clemson get added, you were wrong.

If neither get added, you were likely wrong.

If only FSU gets added but not Clemson, you were right.

Rumor or lies or actually happening….we will all learn more when 1/31/2024 rolls around
Learn that FSU can call a meeting to huff and puff?

They aren’t up against the ACC. They’re up against ESPN.

ESPN is not going to say “OK fine, even though we have you under lock and key unbreakable contract at $36M/year, we’ll move you over to the SEC where we’ll instead have to pay you $80M/yr for the same ratings.”

They’re not coming to the Big Ten and ESPN knows it.

Even if they did, ESPN can simply choose to refuse to grant them leave from the GoR, no matter how much money they offer. Free Big Ten home games in Tallahassee!

OK - unless I'm misinformed - or unless several articles I just read are incorrect -

the Grant of Rights is an agreement between the individual schools and the Conference. as part of the agreement, individual schools assign their media rights to the Conference. the Conference then - acting on behalf of all the member schools - sells those media rights to one or more companies in a competitive bidding process.

so based on that, if - for instance - FSU wanted to get out of the Grant of Rights with the ACC, they would be dealing with the Conference - not with any of the conference's media partners.

now, do those media partners have influence - of course they have. but could, for instance, an ESPN block FSU from leaving the Conference? I would say the answer is no. ESPN could certainly express its opinion, but I don't see how ESPN would have any legal standing to challenge the results of a negotiation between the Conference and one of its member schools.

has any media partner to date attempted to stop any school from changing conferences? not that I'm aware of.

Learn that FSU can call a meeting to huff and puff?

They aren’t up against the ACC. They’re up against ESPN.

ESPN is not going to say “OK fine, even though we have you under lock and key unbreakable contract at $36M/year, we’ll move you over to the SEC where we’ll instead have to pay you $80M/yr for the same ratings.”

They’re not coming to the Big Ten and ESPN knows it.

Even if they did, ESPN can simply choose to refuse to grant them leave from the GoR, no matter how much money they offer. Free Big Ten home games in Tallahassee!

First of all, its why the ACC added teams. So they didn't have to fold when teams start leaving. Which is going to happen. Looking at 2 of them coming to the Big Ten. Florida St is the one most often mentioned with UNC and Clemson on many tongues as well. Florida St could eat the loss in GOR, although I think they think they can win a legal battle. I don't think rights to televise Florida St home games is going to stop them, but we'll see.

We all know this, ACC doesn’t have the prestige that SEC or B1G has and what happened in the CFP selection committee this year further proved that!
It has academic prestige far beyond the SEC.

the Grant of Rights is an agreement between the individual schools and the Conference. as part of the agreement, individual schools assign their media rights to the Conference. the Conference then - acting on behalf of all the member schools - sells those media rights to one or more companies in a competitive bidding process.
Last part is wrong.

You don’t need a GoR to have a TV deal for the conference games. For example, the Big Ten does not have a GoR.

It’s an entirely separate thing that deters — prevents, in actuality — a team from leaving the conference. If they do, that conference still owns the leaving school’s TV rights to its home games.

Last part is wrong.

You don’t need a GoR to have a TV deal for the conference games. For example, the Big Ten does not have a GoR.

It’s an entirely separate thing that deters — prevents, in actuality — a team from leaving the conference. If they do, that conference still owns the leaving school’s TV rights to its home games.
Good God you are so precious.

Last part is wrong.

It doesn't prevent anything. Could be FSU decides three years of the ACC owning its home games is less of a loss than they're cut of Big Ten money.

It doesn't prevent anything. Could be FSU decides three years of the ACC owning its home games is less of a loss than they're cut of Big Ten money.
Why would Big Ten give FSU a red cent if they can’t provide their home games to the conference??

Just cut their payout by an equal amount.
No.

Just get a better school academically and who can actually provide their home games.

Better yet, just have patience and wait until the ACC GoR is getting close to running out. As will actually be done

I'd take UNC. But road trips are a factor for me.

Why would Big Ten give FSU a red cent if they can’t provide their home games to the conference??
We wouldn't give them a full share, but we do earn money with them playing in our stadiums. It would still be more games for the Big Ten. All I'm saying is FSU isn't making a decision based on income for the short term. That said, GOR goes to something like 2035. Which is a long ways off yet.

I don’t see the value in that, myself.

But any such decision as that would be made at least equally with FOX, NBC, and CBS execs in coordination with Big Ten presidents.

There is no rush.

The confs should all hit the pause button, take a few years, digest the moves, see the new data.

There is no valid need to get to the endgame tomorrow.

I don’t see the value in that, myself.

But any such decision as that would be made at least equally with FOX, NBC, and CBS execs in coordination with Big Ten presidents.

Sure, but you and I might miss the days of a 10 team conference. Which is nostalgic for us, but doesn't align with the realities of current Div 1 football. I've just given up on trying to like or dislike all the changes, because they aren't done happening and we won't have anything settled for quite awhile. That said, I was happy with USC and UCLA because I live in Southern Cal and I get to see us play next year.

Should just combine into a premier league before any such silliness as this.
Wake Forest, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, SMU, and a handful of others in the ACC will not be in a “premier league”. The only school that is a sure thing is UNC.

Top Bottom