FSU Want to leave ACC and come to B1G

They aren't AAU, but Nebraska lost their accreditation during the process of joining the B1G

The ACC will replace them with USF and pretend like nothing happened.

No F'ing way. That stupid assed chant is way too annoying. That's the only reason to keep them out.
You know, that tomahawk chop song, which the band plays after every damn play, is the most annoying thing I’ve ever heard. It is the main reason why I hate Florida State’s ass. However, since I live 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FSU getting in the Big10, if it ever happened, would be great for me when/if the Gophers ever come to Tallahassee.

You know, that tomahawk chop song, which the band plays after every damn play, is the most annoying thing I’ve ever heard. It is the main reason why I hate Florida State’s ass. However, since I live 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FSU getting in the Big10, if it ever happened, would be great for me when/if the Gophers ever come to Tallahassee.
I thought I was the only one that thought that, but yeah if it gets you some Gopher games, then maybe we can let it slide......

U2 I think you can understand with me growing up a Braves fan, with Chief Noc-A-Homa as always the mascot, that chant is music to my ears.

Now the blaring train horn done incessantly by Purdue at their home games, now THAT's annoying...

I still acknowledge Chief Illiniwek for Illinois BTW too.

U2 I think you can understand with me growing up a Braves fan, with Chief Noc-A-Homa as always the mascot, that chant is music to my ears.

Now the blaring train horn done incessantly by Purdue at their home games, now THAT's annoying...
Nothing is as annoying as Oregon State’s chainsaw.

Didn’t click on whatever trash clickbait the OP Tweet is, and have no plans to.

People shouldn’t be allowed to make new threads with legit sounding titles only to post trash fake rumors that are lies to get more followers.

There should be an “All things conference realignment rumors” thread for this to go in.

Here's a thought. How would bringing the Seminoles to town play with the Lakota and Ojibwe people here? Tribal infiltration?

I still acknowledge Chief Illiniwek for Illinois BTW too.
I liked the Braves in the Dale Murphy days in the 80’s. But once they adopted that annoying chant in the 90’s, I couldn’t stand them. Thank goodness the Twins beat them. I was even glad the Yankees beat them in ‘96 and ‘99 (and typing that sentence is making me ill).

I liked the Braves in the Dale Murphy days in the 80’s. But once they adopted that annoying chant in the 90’s, I couldn’t stand them. Thank goodness the Twins beat them. I was even glad the Yankees beat them in ‘96 and ‘99 (and typing that sentence is making me ill).
I gotcha but it was fun at the time. Before the chop came got to see Ken Griffey hit three HRs in a the same game at the original Braves stadium. Also got to touch a Hank Aaron foul ball but it was taken by the 12 year old witch sitting beside me when she clawed me for it (I was around 12-13 at the time too). Good times.

Not gonna happen.
You are probably correct, but I’ll take the opposite side of the fence and say that it will happen…some day. I think we are almost at the point now, but especially when the super two conferences break away for football only, that tv and the dollars are going to dictate who joins what conference. I think the AAU affiliation and other stuff along those lines won’t be nearly as important to the powers that be, as the increased TV money that will be out there with the addition of certain teams. North Carolina might be the first choice, but regardless of how much Big10 fans might like the academic prestige of Duke, Virginia or Georgia Tech, tv isn’t giving this conference more money to add those institutions. TV will be willing to pay for Clemson, Florida State or Miami and that’s gonna be it. Florida State arguably has the better athletic department top to bottom of those three and they are a great tv draw for football. A lot of Big10 folks won’t like, but I’ll bet it happens…at some point. Next year? Five years? Ten years? Only time will tell.

there have been plenty of stories that multiple teams were/are looking to get out of the ACC.
at one point or another I've seen FSU, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia and Miami all speculated about.

the big issue is the conference grant of rights. for a team to buy its way out of the conference could mean paying an exit fee of anywhere from $120-million to $200-million.

as far as where they would go - depending on who you believe, the B1G supposedly/allegedly would have FSU and Clemson on the top of its list, but I have also heard people claim that the B1G favors North Carolina. so who knows?

I gotcha but it was fun at the time. Before the chop came got to see Ken Griffey hit three HRs in a the same game at the original Braves stadium. Also got to touch a Hank Aaron foul ball but it was taken by the 12 year old witch sitting beside me when she clawed me for it (I was around 12-13 at the time too). Good times.
That sucks - Hank Aaron was a top ten all-timer.

Top Bottom