Fleck prediction

I'd ve

I'd venture that coaching college football in the late 90s to early 00s was much easier than it is today. You could put more time into strategy and game planning because analytics and the constant connectivity aspect of recruiting not being as much of a factor. I don't think there's a benefit of playing modern football compared to the past. The game is so much faster and with analytics it’s certainly a different beast. Technology alone has added a huge dynamic to the sport.
It takes a half hour to page through the bios of all PJs staff. I think they have increased same compared to Masons in order to deal with the complexities of some parts of today’s game compared to say 20 years ago.

I'd ve

I'd venture that coaching college football in the late 90s to early 00s was much easier than it is today. You could put more time into strategy and game planning because analytics and the constant connectivity aspect of recruiting not being as much of a factor. I don't think there's a benefit of playing modern football compared to the past. The game is so much faster and with analytics its certainly a different beast. Technology alone has added a huge dynamic to the sport.

It's not just that. The money that has been flowing into college football since the early 00s is nuts. There's a widening gap between the big money programs and everyone else. Now with NIL straight up buying players out of high school.....you also have swooping in and picking players off rosters.

The deck is very much stacked against programs like Minnesota....in ways that it wasn't twenty years ago.

He has had the benefit of the West. We have the Axe because WI regressed, not because PJ has taken us to where they were. PJ had a fun 2019, and choked away making it something special. He took advantage of the talent Kill left him. He has done nothing since then.

Except a couple more nine win seasons? Good lord.....people really have a distorted view of the past.

I like winning more games than we lose. I wasn't having fun losing the Axe every single year. We're having a down year.....but PJ has provided the most stability and success we've had in two decades. Think I'd rather see if some of the pieces from this years team develop into something better next year before yelling to burn it to the

🙄 Yes breaking the big one is so important when your backs only have the vision to get three yards when you need four. Trust me, junior, Mo saved us on more game sealing drives than Marion and Maroney combined. His stats and the wins associated with him proves it. And one of you old bastards get in here and back me up, because this guy who read a single article last week is acting like he knows more about the history of Gopher football than he should get credit for.
Lol. I’ll just leave this one sit out there for everyone to review and contemplate. I don’t need to say much. Mo wasn’t as good as DT39, I will add that. And, I’m the same age as Wolkow, Hadd, Otto et al you nitwit.

Except a couple more nine win seasons? Good lord.....people really have a distorted view of the past.
No, some people have a distorted view of the last few years in an awful division. He inherited a good thing and hasn’t taken it another step.

No, some people have a distorted view of the last few years in an awful division. He inherited a good thing and hasn’t taken it another step.

Taken it further than any coach in 50 years.....which isn't saying much.....but it does say a lot about where the program has been in the recent past. A recent past that posters seemingly want again. A worse team with less wins. Hmmmmmm.

I see all the “fire the coach” trolls are out. Its been a long time.

Okay, so what's the solution? Name your next inevitable failure at the U of M whose head you'll be calling for in two years. Or keep bitching because you're simply a miserable human being. I'll wait for your well thought out, intelligent response that's based on reality and perspective, because you've shown that's clearly your strength.
I don’t think firing PJ right now is the answer but it is kind of creepy that you think anyone that isn’t sold on him is a miserable human being. The cult guys with PJ are as bad on here as the fire PJ guys.

You know how I know you're full of shit? You are praising a bunch of head coaches (outside of Mason.....which was nearly two decades ago now) who had nowhere near the success that Fleck has had. Maybe you were drinking a lot more back then?
I can find a post where you said Fleck should be fired if he lost to Illinois with their pathetic offense. That was from about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

I was sort of foretelling what was coming many weeks ago and was mocked.

I'm sorry, but this thing is off the rails and next year is going to be friggin brutal. Absolutely brutal.

You don't fire him, but damn, did you see this schit show today? Did you see the blank stare? Did you see how utterly slow we looked?

Here is what will happen though........they will own Floyd and go out and beat the worst Wisconsin team I've seen in decades..........and we'll have the pig and axe and it will be the ultimate accomplishment! LMAO

I like winning more games than we lose. I wasn't having fun losing the Axe every single year. We're having a down year.....but PJ has provided the most stability and success we've had in two decades. Think I'd rather see if some of the pieces from this years team develop into something better next year before yelling to burn it to the ground.
Winning the axe is awesome, but let's not kid ourselves. Bucky has fallen off the map while Fleck is here.

It's not just that. The money that has been flowing into college football since the early 00s is nuts. There's a widening gap between the big money programs and everyone else. Now with NIL straight up buying players out of high school.....you also have swooping in and picking players off rosters.

The deck is very much stacked against programs like Minnesota....in ways that it wasn't twenty years ago.
The U has invested serious money in the program.

I don’t think firing PJ right now is the answer but it is kind of creepy that you think anyone that isn’t sold on him is a miserable human being. The cult guys with PJ are as bad on here as the fire PJ guys.
Creepy doesn't fit the mantle. The miserable part is related to the same song and dance by the same miserable people with the same miserable "fire the coach" and "PJ is a douche" takes week after week when there's a loss or losses. The same people who provide no decent and reasonable discourse about the team when things are neutral or going well. Just when it's shitty. It's like they're emotional vampires seeking to reap on the discontent and suck the life out of everyone. And I'm sick of it. People can take their "typical Minnesota" and "this isn't good enough" bullshit and shove it up their asses until we have a multiple season body of work showing that this is a real problem and not an occasional blip. None of this is productive, and it doesn't provide any kind of relief because it leads to a swirling vortex of negativity. I feel a duty to fight for reason and practicality and to rail against those who would drag those qualities down into the gutter with them, even if it's a message board. Because this is my place too, and you can be negative but make sense with it, don't just shit all over because you're pissed we lost.

Creepy doesn't fit the mantle. The miserable part is related to the same song and dance by the same miserable people with the same miserable "fire the coach" and "PJ is a douche" takes week after week when there's a loss or losses. The same people who provide no decent and reasonable discourse about the team when things are neutral or going well. Just when it's shitty. It's like they're emotional vampires seeking to reap on the discontent and suck the life out of everyone. And I'm sick of it. People can take their "typical Minnesota" and "this isn't good enough" bullshit and shove it up their asses until we have a multiple season body of work showing that this is a real problem and not an occasional blip. None of this is productive, and it doesn't provide any kind of relief because it leads to a swirling vortex of negativity. I feel a duty to fight for reason and practicality and to rail against those who would drag those qualities down into the gutter with them, even if it's a message board. Because this is my place too, and you can be negative but make sense with it, don't just shit all over because you're pissed we lost.
Ok.....inspire me for next year.

We are slow as schit. Lose Nubin on defense, our best player I guess. Our defense is pathetic.

On offense, sell me on the offense next year.

Special teams, sell me something.

What have you got?

I can find a post where you said Fleck should be fired if he lost to Illinois with their pathetic offense. That was from about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

I was sort of foretelling what was coming many weeks ago and was mocked.

I'm sorry, but this thing is off the rails and next year is going to be friggin brutal. Absolutely brutal.

You don't fire him, but damn, did you see this schit show today? Did you see the blank stare? Did you see how utterly slow we looked?

Here is what will happen though........they will own Floyd and go out and beat the worst Wisconsin team I've seen in decades..........and we'll have the pig and axe and it will be the ultimate accomplishment! LMAO

Ok....so where is that post?

The U has invested serious money in the program.

With the amount of money being brought in....yes....but nowhere near the top programs. Not even close.

Why do you play dumb?

Where's that post? I'd be very surprised if I wrote that Fleck should be fired if we lose to Illinois.

Or are you just pulling stuff out of your ass?

Ok.....inspire me for next year.

We are slow as schit. Lose Nubin on defense, our best player I guess. Our defense is pathetic.

On offense, sell me on the offense next year.

Special teams, sell me something.

What have you got?
I think I already mentioned it either above or in another thread this evening that if it continues into next year it isn't a blip and I'm open to reassessment if things are that bad. Right now I'm happy with closing up shop with the axe and moving into next season. And I won't lose my shit if it continues to disappoint, because I've been through three coaching changes already. I'll say, hey,the journey has been fun, but this kinda sucks, what are our potential prospects for the future in a coaching staff? And it's going to be all MAC/G5 gambles and power five retreads who are good for middling bowls. So a Holtz escape artist in the best case scenario, ho hum in the most likely scenario, or absolute crash of a hire worst case scenario.

Why do you play dumb?
When you call someone out for a post you claim they made you typically show the proof, not accuse them of playing dumb. That's just lazy.

When you call someone out for a post you claim they made you typically show the proof, not accuse them of playing dumb. That's just lazy.
Post number 21

And please don't apologize. I don't care!

It's just that Stocker plays dumb continuously.

Last edited:

I think I already mentioned it either above or in another thread this evening that if it continues into next year it isn't a blip and I'm open to reassessment if things are that bad. Right now I'm happy with closing up shop with the axe and moving into next season. And I won't lose my shit if it continues to disappoint, because I've been through three coaching changes already. I'll say, hey,the journey has been fun, but this kinda sucks, what are our potential prospects for the future in a coaching staff? And it's going to be all MAC/G5 gambles and power five retreads who are good for middling bowls. So a Holtz escape artist in the best case scenario, ho hum in the most likely scenario, or absolute crash of a hire worst case scenario.
I was asking for inspiration for next year. You made it worse!

I'd ve

I'd venture that coaching college football in the late 90s to early 00s was much easier than it is today. You could put more time into strategy and game planning because analytics and the constant connectivity aspect of recruiting not being as much of a factor. I don't think there's a benefit of playing modern football compared to the past. The game is so much faster and with analytics its certainly a different beast. Technology alone has added a huge dynamic to the sport.
Mason executed an offense that is 20 years more modern than PJ's, infact nearly every successful modern NFL offense has it's roots in that scheme.

@stocker08 OK, you're right about not panicking.

So if we do manage to go 5-7 this year, then this year starts the counter. Another 5-7 year next year, and then he should be gone.

But we also don't have anyone rich who gives a S about Gopher football, so I really doubt Coyle is going to get the green light from a still pretty new president (at that point) to fire Fleck without cause and pay out the ass the full amount that would be owed to him. We're too cheap, and don't have donors to fund it like Wisc did.

He just built a house on Lake Minnetonka. He and Heather love it here. He’s been successful here and currently having a down year and some irrational fans are already talking about his exit strategy.
"Success"

Referencing what I just said above, so this is obviously not at all an apples to apples comparison .... but it still needs to be said:

Paul Chryst 2015-2021 (and removing covid year): 63-23 (40-15 in Big Ten), including 9-4 (6-3) in 2021.

Goes 2-3 the first five games of 2022 ---- FIRED.

I normally would assume a comment like this is sarcasm but knowing you I’m not sure. A TON of P5 schools would fight over each other to hire Fleck.
A TON? I guess we are lucky PJ made that list of where he would coach and Minnesota was one of just a few.

And if you say that next year will you welcome some blowhard on the site lecturing you about how your opinion is wrong and you should shove it up your ass?

@stocker08 OK, you're right about not panicking.

So if we do manage to go 5-7 this year, then this year starts the counter. Another 5-7 year next year, and then he should be gone.

But we also don't have anyone rich who gives a S about Gopher football, so I really doubt Coyle is going to get the green light from a still pretty new president (at that point) to fire Fleck without cause and pay out the ass the full amount that would be owed to him. We're too cheap, and don't have donors to fund it like Wisc did.

Depends on a whole lot more than simply overall record. I probably wouldn't be for firing Fleck after another 5-7 year.

Post number 21

And please don't apologize. I don't care!

It's just that Stocker plays dumb continuously.

I'll give you credit for remembering that post........but grab your dictionary and look up the definition of hyperbole.

Top Bottom