Fleck prediction

timj5304

Reaction score
He does not strike me as a guy who will wait to be fired. Would he take a lateral move power 5 job to get out of town?

Been wondering about this, but I think its less about this year and more about whats coming. His teams missed their chances and now there are some teams coming in that could stomp a mud hole in them conceivably. He knows they missed their chance and its time to do the rah rah approach with somebody else that will drink the kool aid.

That might be best for both parties.
Fans are clearly pissed.
He may have hit his ceiling already.

If he leaves that’s much better for the gophers than firing him.

Not sure where he would be a good fit. Michigan state?
Cincinatti? I know they just got a coach but he is awful
Arizona state?
Arkansas?

Coyle found Pitino a landing spot. Could he do same with PJ.

Been wondering about this, but I think its less about this year and more about whats coming. His teams missed their chances and now there are some teams coming in that could stomp a mud hole in them conceivably. He knows they missed their chance and its time to do the rah rah approach with somebody else that will drink the kool aid.
Any P5 he would proactively move to will be comparable in status and challenges to Minnesota, program wise.

These ridiculous threads after every Gopher loss are so tiresome.
Well it seems we are getting these frustrating losses on the regular now. When teams lose games they shouldn’t speculation and frustration grows.

I would usually say I'm fine with moving up Rossi and having him as head coach if PJ leaves, but my opinions on that matter have, to say the least, changed after the past couple games.

Pollyanna.
I’ve hardly missed a home game since Foggie’s freshman year. I’ve just watched us win 9 games two years straight for the first time in my life. I’m not a Pollyanna. I have high expectations like everyone else. I just also happen to have perspective which most on here lack.

I’ve hardly missed a home game since Foggie’s freshman year. I’ve just watched us win 9 games two years straight for the first time in my life. I’m not a Pollyanna. I have high expectations like everyone else. I just also happen to have perspective which most on here lack.
They showed the Purdue QBs during the game. The Purdue Brees or the Purdue Alstott teams might have scored 100 points today. PJ caught lightening in a bottle with 6-7 difference makers NFL players from Kill and then Mo — and most of all a very much down B10 West from what these teams were like 20 years ago.

Well it seems we are getting these frustrating losses on the regular now. When teams lose games they shouldn’t speculation and frustration grows.

Well, that's kind of the way bad years go but, I agree, that winning should be tougher in the future.

He does not strike me as a guy who will wait to be fired. Would he take a lateral move power 5 job to get out of town?
There is zero chance Fleck is fired in the near future. He has resurrected this program from the consistent bottom to a team that is most often competitive.

I am disappointed with this season. I thought it was our last chance to win the West and our failure is disappointing.

Mostly, I am disappointed in our lack of depth. One of the things that Fleck talked about was building a deeper bench that could compete every year. So far, that hasn't happened. PJ seems to blame NIL as the reason, but I think he has to look at more than that. I think his coaches are not developing players at the level of excellence that is required in the Big 10. Those hires are on Fleck as the head coach. He has to figure that out and improve his best as a head coach.

We can only hope he takes a lateral job somewhere, but he doesn‘t deserve a coaching job. He would probably do really well in the marketing department of a P5 team.

Let me guess, you drive around with a Coexist bumper sticker on your car.

They showed the Purdue QBs during the game. The Purdue Brees or the Purdue Alstott teams might have scored 100 points today. PJ caught lightening in a bottle with 6-7 difference makers NFL players from Kill and then Mo — and most of all a very much down B10 West from what these teams were like 20 years ago.
What's your point? Fire Fleck and start over? Go no better than .500 for the next six years again? Ain't nobody coming here, man. The sooner you start realizing that the sooner you can have some peace.

We can only hope he takes a lateral job somewhere, but he doesn‘t deserve a coaching job. He would probably do really well in the marketing department of a P5 team.
Let me guess, you drive around with a Coexist bumper sticker on your car.
You strike me as one who campaigned to fire Glen Mason. Were you thrilled with Tim Brewster?

Fleck has a good base. He just needs better teachers and a more creative approach to teaching. He's earned our patience.

Top Bottom