Fleck prediction

Did people bitch like this when Kill went 2-6 in BG10 play in 2015 and Mason 2-6 in 2001? I wasn't very active on Gopherhole back then. Were people calling for their heads?

I don't know about Kill in 2015 but people were pissed at Mason in 2001. He flirted with OSU openly then seemed to quit on the Gophers. I don't think we had gone to shit moments in games where Defeat was snatched from victory. Maybe Northwestern as weird games always happen against them but not a game like Illinois that lingered.

Last edited:

I’m not that upset I don’t see like a bunch of capital letters in bolded and! In any of my threads. I’m frustrated and disappointed and yes, during the games occasionally pissed off that we have what I consider to be a really shitty football coach. I’ve been a fan for 40 years and these are the least entertaining games we’ve ever rolled out. if it’s OK with you, I’ll withhold the right to continue watching the games and coming on here to complain if I think PJ sucks ass.

You said you’re miserable for 3-4 hours. That’s pretty sad my man. Find something else.

Can’t get rid of him this year, I remember the past all too well. However, I do find it troubling that PJ is always losing coaches. Do these coaches move up? Are they lateral moves? I don’t know I guess. It just seems bizarre that Rossi who has given me some of the best Gopher defenses I have ever seen sucks so bad this year. They had a fair amount coming back I thought. I thought Bryson and Green would fill the void. Haven’t seen Bryson really. I thought the dline was the weak spot, they have been decent. What the heck happened? It’s also troubling that we haven’t found a way to have a balanced offense at all. Team is regressing each week. What the heck is going on?

Did people bitch like this when Kill went 2-6 in BG10 play in 2015 and Mason 2-6 in 2001? I wasn't very active on Gopherhole back then. Were people calling for their heads?
Yes

How did they quit? They couldn't even begin to stop them from the opening drive on.

How do you know they quit? Are you saying they had quit before the game started.

Lack of effort became increasingly obvious. Understandable to some extent but to most college teams a two or three score deficit isn’t insurmountable until the very end. Fleck has conditioned his team to believe that it is. The opposite of “believe” in deed if not word.

P
Creepy doesn't fit the mantle. The miserable part is related to the same song and dance by the same miserable people with the same miserable "fire the coach" and "PJ is a douche" takes week after week when there's a loss or losses. The same people who provide no decent and reasonable discourse about the team when things are neutral or going well. Just when it's shitty. It's like they're emotional vampires seeking to reap on the discontent and suck the life out of everyone. And I'm sick of it. People can take their "typical Minnesota" and "this isn't good enough" bullshit and shove it up their asses until we have a multiple season body of work showing that this is a real problem and not an occasional blip. None of this is productive, and it doesn't provide any kind of relief because it leads to a swirling vortex of negativity. I feel a duty to fight for reason and practicality and to rail against those who would drag those qualities down into the gutter with them, even if it's a message board. Because this is my place too, and you can be negative but make sense with it, don't just shit all over because you're pissed we lost.
Sorry Heather, it wasn’t meant to be a personal shot at you.

I don’t think it is rare for fans to get emotionally attached to game outcomes. I know I used to with the Gophers. Not so much anymore.

For sure. But he’s upset regardless of outcome. That isn’t healthy

You said you’re miserable for 3-4 hours. That’s pretty sad my man. Find something else.
I don’t know if folks haven’t been a bit miserable watching most
Of the games this year then I got nothing for you. Makes me think with the fan base like that. Maybe we deserve the slop PJ has been dishing out.

For sure. But he’s upset regardless of outcome. That isn’t healthy
Nonsense. We do win quite often when I think the game was boring and sucked but I’m not miserable regardless of outcome snowflake.

PJ's problem is recruiting. This team has little depth, weak at QB, lots of injuries. Recruiting is something PJ could do something about if he threw all his ideas, passion, energy into it. Or he could hire a recruiter or recruiters. Better players would make a huge difference, especially in defensive secondary, running back, defensive line, QB. Just two or three key players can turn a team. As to his TOP long count running offense: any system will work if you have the athletes.

Nonsense. We do win quite often when I think the game was boring and sucked but I’m not miserable regardless of outcome snowflake.

You’re the one upset about college sports. Sorry my man. I hope the kids do better to make you happy.

You have terrible reading comprehension.
How so, Karine? You said the deck is stacked against Minnesota. I pointed out we did not play Michigan and Ohio State the last two weeks but, rather, Illinois and Purdue. Leading to the question, relative to those two teams did we lose because the deck is stacked against us?

How so, Karine? You said the deck is stacked against Minnesota. I pointed out we did not play Michigan and Ohio State the last two weeks but, rather, Illinois and Purdue. Leading to the question, relative to those two teams did we lose because the deck is stacked against us?

Your reading comprehension is abysmal. Go back and read the post you quoted originally. You clearly missed the point.....which doesn't surprise me based upon your posting history.

Two years ago Pitt was 11-3 and ACC champions. They’re 2-8 this year. Narduzzi didn’t forget how to coach. Down years happen. At least our down year may include wins over our two rivals and a bowl game.

Two years ago Pitt was 11-3 and ACC champions. They’re 2-8 this year. Narduzzi didn’t forget how to coach. Down years happen. At least our down year may include wins over our two rivals and a bowl game.
Kenny Pickett = Mo Ibrahim.

Programs like us lose a player like that, they’ll be a dip. OSU just reloads - vast difference.

Your reading comprehension is abysmal. Go back and read the post you quoted originally. You clearly missed the point.....which doesn't surprise me based upon your posting history.
OK, Greta, let's see if maybe you can muddle through this. Your post whined about some programs historically having big money. You whimpered that with NIL the gap is now widening. You shrieked about the portal. And you cried your eyes out that schools like Minnesota are at a great disadvantage.

I simply asked you if any of this came into play the last two weeks against Illinois and Purdue? Are we greatly disadvantaged compared to Illinois and Purdue?

Rather than answer a simple direct question you crap all over yourself crying like a little girl told to empty the waste basket.

Pathetic.

OK, Greta, let's see if maybe you can muddle through this. Your post whined about some programs historically having big money. You whimpered that with NIL the gap is now widening. You shrieked about the portal. And you cried your eyes out that schools like Minnesota are at a great disadvantage.

I simply asked you if any of this came into play the last two weeks against Illinois and Purdue? Are we greatly disadvantaged compared to Illinois and Purdue?

Rather than answer a simple direct question you crap all over yourself crying like a little girl told to empty the waste basket.

Pathetic.

Either this is a really poor attempt at trolling.....or your reading comprehension is non-existent. My guess is it's a combination of both considering your history of repeated faceplants followed by a lame series of "comebacks" that you and your other undeveloped friends giggle over at lunch.

Anyone trust Coyle to make the hire if PJ goes? I don’t. Hires a search firm to find…Ben Johnson. Dunked on a 3 foot hoop and got Motko I guess.
Add to your list the fact Coyle didn't fire Pitino earlier than he did as well as paying CBJ much more than his experience warranted.

Either this is a really poor attempt at trolling.....or your reading comprehension is non-existent. My guess is it's a combination of both considering your history of repeated faceplants followed by a lame series of "comebacks" that you and your other undeveloped friends giggle over at lunch.
But you are too cowardly to answer a simple direct question. Is Minnesota at a disadvantage with money and NIL when playing Illinois and Purdue?

Kenny Pickett = Mo Ibrahim.

Programs like us lose a player like that, they’ll be a dip. OSU just reloads - vast difference.
Which is why 2021 and 2022 were so disappointing

How many games did Morgan, Ibrahim, and Crab play together all healthy?
Like 4?

Top Bottom