Fleck prediction

There is zero chance Fleck is fired in the near future. He has resurrected this program from the consistent bottom to a team that is most often competitive.

I am disappointed with this season. I thought it was our last chance to win the West and our failure is disappointing.

Mostly, I am disappointed in our lack of depth. One of the things that Fleck talked about was building a deeper bench that could compete every year. So far, that hasn't happened. PJ seems to blame NIL as the reason, but I think he has to look at more than that. I think his coaches are not developing players at the level of excellence that is required in the Big 10. Those hires are on Fleck as the head coach. He has to figure that out and improve his best as a head coach.
Mason and Kill weren’t on the bottom. We won what 9-10 games the year before he got here? You drank the kool aid.

What's your point? Fire Fleck and start over? Go no better than .500 for the next six years again? Ain't nobody coming here, man. The sooner you start realizing that the sooner you can have some peace.
Exactly. People think we’ll have a better chance winning with any random coach over a guy who already took us to a top 10 finish?

Exactly. People think we’ll have a better chance winning with any random coach over a guy who already took us to a top 10 finis

It’s too bad you think this place sucks. I don’t and think that we have hired poorly for a couple of decades and if can hit it right once we can take off. PJ is not the guy. The games suck to watch. We can do much better.

He has a guaranteed contact for several years.

Fleck will be the coach for the first two years of West Coat in the Big Ten -- for certain.

Contracts are legally binding.

Exactly. People think we’ll have a better chance winning with any random coach over a guy who already took us to a top 10 finish?
Some people have this belief that being a football coach is the easiest thing in the world and you just have to do like two things and bam, you're undefeated every year, and if you aren't doing those really easy things you should be instantly fired. Based on the expectations of some on this board, 3/4 of college football coaches should be fired and replaced entirely, by them in their own minds I'm sure.

Which coach
Some people have this belief that being a football coach is the easiest thing in the world and you just have to do like two things and bam, you're undefeated every year, and if you aren't doing those really easy things you should be instantly fired. Based on the expectations of some on this board, 3/4 of college football coaches should be fired and replaced entirely, by them in their own minds I'm sure.
Which coaches in the Big 10 do you think PJ is better than? Michigan State doesn’t count I would’ve said Purdue before today but that’s obviously not true. Northwestern doesn’t count — otherwise I can’t come up with one.

Which coach

Which coaches in the Big 10 do you think PJ is better than? Michigan State doesn’t count I would’ve said Purdue before today but that’s obviously not true. Northwestern doesn’t count — otherwise I can’t come up with one.
Okay, so what's the solution? Name your next inevitable failure at the U of M whose head you'll be calling for in two years. Or keep bitching because you're simply a miserable human being. I'll wait for your well thought out, intelligent response that's based on reality and perspective, because you've shown that's clearly your strength.

1 down year and the sky is falling lol
Reading some of the posts the sky isn’t falling it already fell.

One of my personal favorites is “we will never win 8+ games again”.

I am just glad GHolers are mapping out Fleck’s exit strategy. Won’t be surprised when he makes his lateral move.

Okay, so what's the solution? Name your next inevitable failure at the U of M whose head you'll be calling for in two years. Or keep bitching because you're simply a miserable human being. I'll wait for your well thought out, intelligent response that's based on reality and perspective, because you've shown that's clearly your strength.
I’m only miserable for 3-4 hours on Saturdays watching PJ try to put a Big Ten level product on the field.. Blow it up and start over. It wasn’t broken before he got here. It’s not broken now but it’s worse today than it was in Claey’s last year. Plus, personally I think PJ is full of shit and dumb. I would just as soon not have someone like him as our head coach. That’s one guy’s opinion doesn’t make me miserable although I think your opinion makes you rather simple.

It’s too bad you think this place sucks. I don’t and think that we have hired poorly for a couple of decades and if can hit it right once we can take off. PJ is not the guy. The games suck to watch. We can do much better.
Ok name your candidate or are you just happy to roll the dice on someone new?

Mason and Kill weren’t on the bottom. We won what 9-10 games the year before he got here? You drank the kool aid.
Yeah. The year before they won 9
Never 10

Kill never won more than 8

I’m only miserable for 3-4 hours on Saturdays watching PJ try to put a Big Ten level product on the field.. Blow it up and start over. It wasn’t broken before he got here. It’s not broken now but it’s worse today than it was in Claey’s last year. Plus, personally I think PJ is full of shit and dumb. I would just as soon not have someone like him as our head coach. That’s one guy’s opinion doesn’t make me miserable although I think your opinion makes you rather simple.
The guy who says "blow it up and start over" calls me simple! Hah! We got what was literally the hottest name on the coaching market and he came here and has given us sustained success, the likes of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes. But let's blow it up because it doesn't meet your expectations, and you'd rather see a decade of growth to this point get completely restructured from the bottom up, thinking it's going to suddenly be better than it is now?

Do you realize that you're watching University of Minnesots football? Do you understand what existed here before Fleck? We're never going to be a multimillion dollar mansion of a program, the best we can ever hope for is a country style rambler, especially when we've been a double wide at best for the past 60 years. And that will never change because there ain't no cash for this program, inside or out. So replacing the coach won't result in any kind of positive change in the end product, it'll just bring us back to the dirt for another decade plus.

And the fact that you come here and rant and spiral after a loss calling the coach dumb and calling for his job makes you both miserable and the true simpleton. Get some perspective or follow a program that meets your expectations, because you aren't getting it here, especially if we start over.

Reading some of the posts the sky isn’t falling it already fell.

One of my personal favorites is “we will never win 8+ games again”.

I am just glad GHolers are mapping out Fleck’s exit strategy. Won’t be surprised when he makes his lateral move.
I'm hoping some of the posters have an exit strategy planned too

Huh
The guy who says "blow it up and start over" calls me simple! Hah! We got what was literally the hottest name on the coaching market and he came here and has given us sustained success, the likes of which most of us have never seen in our lifetimes. But let's blow it up because it doesn't meet your expectations, and you'd rather see a decade of growth to this point get completely restructured from the bottom up, thinking it's going to suddenly be better than it is now?

Do you realize that you're watching University of Minnesots football? Do you understand what existed here before Fleck? We're never going to be a multimillion dollar mansion of a program, the best we can ever hope for is a country style rambler, especially when we've been a double wide at best for the past 60 years. And that will never change because there ain't no cash for this program, inside or out. So replacing the coach won't result in any kind of positive change in the end product, it'll just bring us back to the dirt for another decade plus.

And the fact that you come here and rant and spiral after a loss calling the coach dumb and calling for his job makes you both miserable and the true simpleton. Get some perspective or follow a program that meets your expectations, because you aren't getting it here, especially if we start over.
You must have a social connection to Fleck or something while you are simple you certainly do like and defend the guy. I’m consistent have generally had the same opinion for a long time unfortunately what I was worried about has come true. You are truly simple if you think under Mason, for example, there weren’t plenty of good things along with the disappointment. We bottomed under Brewster and got progressively better under Kill, et al. PJ walked into a gold mine comparatively with a great stockpile of difference maker players— the only thing he didn’t have was a QB. You’re not only simple you are disingenuous to the point of dishonest.

Huh

You must have a social connection to Fleck or something while you are simple you certainly do like and defend the guy. I’m consistent have generally had the same opinion for a long time unfortunately what I was worried about has come true. You are truly simple if you think under Mason, for example, there weren’t plenty of good things along with the disappointment. We bottomed under Brewster and got progressively better under Kill, et al. PJ walked into a gold mine comparatively with a great stockpile of difference maker players— the only thing he didn’t have was a QB. You’re not only simple you are disingenuous to the point of dishonest.

Walked in to a gold mine? Gawdamn, you must be drunk.

Cashman, Coughlin, Martin, Winfield, Renner, Johnson, Barber all NFL players ranging from a cup of coffee to All Pro. All are better than anyone currently playing for PJ in the same positions— Not counting 45 because he can’t stay on the field, that is. Andries was committed pre Fleck then Schleuter, Olson, Smith, Brooks, Greene OL, our current DL coach, Richardson, Stelter, Celestin, Poock, Huff, Shenault and Durr would all have started for us today. PJ was no savior and the cupboard wasn’t bare.

For @Gopherchase the results on the field are not the real issue. He gave up the game when he posted this ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ day

For @Gopherchase the results on the field are not the real issue. He gave up the game when he posted this ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
I don’t think Saban is particularly likable either, but I’d take him. I have to admit I lol to myself to the point where it might be a little irrational at those of you that think watching PJ ball doesn’t suck. I feel sorry for you that you don’t know any better.

Kill came from the MAC.

Fleck came from the MAC.

I’m fine going back to that well, or a similar well.

I don’t think Saban is particularly likable either, but I’d take him. I have to admit I lol to myself to the point where it might be a little irrational at those of you that think watching PJ ball doesn’t suck. I feel sorry for you that you don’t know any better.
There is an easy solution for your problem.

Don’t watch.

This isn't a one here not knowing better situation, it's people other than yourself having a developed prefrontal cortex and understanding that, like everything in life, you need to look at them with perspective and rationality. You lack both of those abilities based on your rage and anger directed towards a man coaching boys in a football game operated within a school setting.

You aren't changing any opinions or rallying anyone to your cause with your responses, you're just trying to save face because you're a fool and you've been outed as one by others, not only me. I'll bet there's some kind of firepjfleck.com/org/gov domain you could go rant and rave at, though. I'll even throw a few bucks at you to create it as long as you go there and never come back!

OK @scools12 , I won’t even bother to tune in for Ohio State. Will be a joke of a game.

Hope we don’t lose anyone to injury, so the Wisc game will as competitive as possible.

This isn't a one here not knowing better situation, it's people other than yourself having a developed prefrontal cortex and understanding that, like everything in life, you need to look at them with perspective and rationality. You lack both of those abilities based on your rage and anger directed towards a man coaching boys in a football game operated within a school setting.

You aren't changing any opinions or rallying anyone to your cause with your responses, you're just trying to save face because you're a fool and you've been outed as one by others, not only me. I'll bet there's some kind of firepjfleck.com/org/gov domain you could go rant and rave at, though. I'll even throw a few bucks at you to create it as long as you go there and never come back!
I don’t hope he gets hit by a bus I just think he’s a shitty football coach. I don’t see how anyone watching this year would think otherwise so guys like you dumbfound me a bit and make me lol. It’s like the Vegas Vacation scene where the dealer invites Clark out back for a kick in the nuts—watching the games. Someone else say don’t watch— fans watch which is what I do. I’d guess I’m in the majority now overall that think PJ either is or may be a failed experiment. Time for change. Time for Saturdays to be fun again. Whatever he had in ‘19 is long gone.

I don’t hope he gets hit by a bus I just think he’s a shitty football coach. I don’t see how anyone watching this year would think otherwise so guys like you dumbfound me a bit and make me lol. It’s like the Vegas Vacation scene where the dealer invites Clark out back for a kick in the nuts—watching the games. Someone else say don’t watch— fans watch which is what I do. I’d guess I’m in the majority now overall that think PJ either is or may be a failed experiment. Time for change. Time for Saturdays to be fun again. Whatever he had in ‘19 is long gone.
Ah, new to Gopher football like I figured. This isn't a plug and play institution, you should look up the program history from 1967-2017. You're watching a golden age for our program and the termination of Fleck is a guaranteed return to subpar football compared to our current standards.

Top Bottom