Donation page to extend Pitino - UPDATED (2/4) - Suspended Indefinitely Due to Ridiculous Road Record

Thank for the reminder - per my earlier post in the thread, I was going to add 5 years for every win over a ranked B10 Team this year and since we started at 8, for God knows what reason after the Iowa victory, we are not up to 18!!

I'll improve my best.
At some point we are going to get the extension beyond an age in which Richard would be coaching, I propose that at that point we sign Jack up as the auto successor and just start tagging the additional years onto Jack's contract.

At some point we are going to get the extension beyond an age in which Richard would be coaching, I propose that at that point we sign Jack up as the auto successor and just start tagging the additional years onto Jack's contract.
Well for a very long , long time around here it seems as though it did not matter who the coach was.

Anyone who wants to fire or extend before march/April isn’t very smart

Pretty sure we should let the season play out and then form an opinion.

I know what I thought going in. But I’m not going to dwell on it and am willing to let results change my mind. He is going to be the coach all year regardless
God bless you...

Little Richard sure knows how to prepare his team for road games.

I’d like to be the fly on the wall during halftime.

By the end of the year it's always the same story

Gopher basketball will never improve with Richard Pitino as the head coach.

Ignoring that simple truth just prolongs the agony.

Michigan is a better over all team than the Gophers. But lets see how RP adjusts the game plan when Michigan comes to the Barn and if we can make it a game. If we get blown out again, well...........

Michigan is a better over all team than the Gophers. But lets see how RP adjusts the game plan when Michigan comes to the Barn and if we can make it a game. If we get blown out again, well...........

Thanks and that's a great point.

Agreed, why are people so bent on trying to talk themselves into this working. We need something else. We need better recruits in the door. Period. Dont tell me about getting a 1 great recruit every 5 years. That is old.

Wait until the end of the year to evaluate is my take...last night it was apparent to me our “depth” is depth against above average teams. Against a good team last night many of our guys looked athletically overmatched and they didn’t have the skill to make up for it

I trust the coach will do some things to mitigate that in the next matchup

How many times are they gonna "wait until the end of the year"?

Gopher basketball isn't going to turn the corner with this guy, but if mediocrity is accepted and the financials are decent well that's cool, too.

Hi. Yes, I’d like to sign the pledge. I hope the Pitino Family grifts you losers for another decade 😂
I’ll be back when we’re winning.
Bandwagon out

Richard is a nice guy, most years he's capable of fielding a nice team.

I'd like a really good one and maybe even a great one every once in a while.

How many times are they gonna "wait until the end of the year"?

Gopher basketball isn't going to turn the corner with this guy, but if mediocrity is accepted and the financials are decent well that's cool, too.
Every year. Unless the team has quit, never fire in the middle of the year. So May as well wait to the end to evaluate

Ya I'm not saying fire in the middle as it's useless. But he should have been gone already.
I said that two years ago.

I suspect I’ll say it at the end of this season. Until then, enjoy the season

Pitino's farewell tour, where he doesn't win a game on the road

How many blowout losses can we handle? Its depressing.

Congrats to the team and to Pitino, for today's win.

They may even beat another ranked team this year, since they get to play Illinois at home.

Will they beat a ranked team away from the Barn this year? That is what will matter, at the end of the day, and if they don't do it the rest of the season, then I vote that today's win shouldn't prevent him from being fired.

They may even beat another ranked team this year, since they get to play Illinois at home.

Will they beat a ranked team away from the Barn this year? That is what will matter, at the end of the day, and if they don't do it the rest of the season, then I vote that today's win shouldn't prevent him from being fired.
14-6 prevents all.

Beating a ranked team on the road is not that important. Hold serve at home as much as possible and find a couple road wins against whomever. FYI, if the Gophers go 14-6 per the unrealistic post above, I could easily see Pitino leaving for Miami (Laranaga is done) or another gig. Y'all can have Brian Dutcher then.

Beating a ranked team on the road is not that important. Hold serve at home as much as possible and find a couple road wins against whomever. FYI, if the Gophers go 14-6 per the unrealistic post above, I could easily see Pitino leaving for Miami (Laranaga is done) or another gig. Y'all can have Brian Dutcher then.
Miami is not hiring Pitino after a 14-6 year. Why do you think Pitino has all these other choices.

Richard is a nice guy, most years he's capable of fielding a nice team.

I'd like a really good one and maybe even a great one every once in a while.
I think we got your “really good one”. Only one of four teams on CB who have beat four top-25 teams this year.

Top Bottom