Donation page to extend Pitino - UPDATED (2/4) - Suspended Indefinitely Due to Ridiculous Road Record

Not particularly upset, just frustrating when people say things without backing it up...you said lazy and didn't show up. I want to simply ask why do you think that? I didn't think we looked like we didn't show up against UW or were lazy, include Iowa in that same category. What were you seeing from what guys? What was egregious to you? Its fine if its was the end result but then say it. I'm not losing sleep about losing bad to two top teams when we had bad shooting nights. If you don't shoot above 35%, its tough to win a ton of games, home or away.

The GREAT news is, i believe it's just a mental hurdle. Whether sluggishness on defense some of the time or bad shot selection another, though, they're playing differently on the road. Since you'd so very much like specific examples: i can think of at least two plays in the Iowa game where Carr got his pocket picked for two easy fast break layups. Both times he brought the ball over half court, stood there and LAZILY dribbled the ball while being LAZY about guarding it and proceeded to hand away the easy points.

Not on the scale of Twins vs Yankees in the playoffs level, it's something that can be overcome - it just hasn't... yet.

The GREAT news is, i believe it's just a mental hurdle. Whether sluggishness on defense some of the time or bad shot selection another, though, they're playing differently on the road. Since you'd so very much like specific examples: i can think of at least two plays in the Iowa game where Carr got his pocket picked for two easy fast break layups. Both times he brought the ball over half court, stood there and LAZILY dribbled the ball while being LAZY about guarding it and proceeded to hand away the easy points.

Not on the scale of Twins vs Yankees in the playoffs level, it's something that can be overcome - it just hasn't... yet.
There have been too many times to count where we were not sharp mentally, not all out physically. I would not say lazy but just not all bought in. I do think you will see it greatly improved next time on the road.

Here's the road schedule:

@ Nebraska
@ Purdue
@ Rutgers
@ Maryland
@ Indiana
@ Penn State

No Michigan, no Iowa, no Wisconsin, no Ohio State, no Illinois (on the road). There might be a win or two in that slate...:cool:
With the loss of the @Nebraska game, which was probably the most winnable game on the list, I'd break our chances down like this.

We won't be favored: (Could be ugly)
@Rutgers (They rebound and can score if healthy.)

Toss-ups: (and by toss-ups, I mean we could either win or lose by double digits.)
@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana
None of these games will be easy, we have not done well historically at any of these schools. And a less than 100% effort won't get it done.

Should win:
@Penn State - As it should be

That is not a rosy picture? Your right! Face facts, it's a tough league and none of these games will be easy.

With the loss of the @Nebraska game, which was probably the most winnable game on the list, I'd break our chances down like this.

Toss-ups: (and by toss-ups, I mean we could either win or lose by double digits.)
@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana
None of these games will be easy, we have not done well historically at any of these schools. And a less than 100% effort won't get it done.

Should win:

That is not a rosy picture? Your right! Face facts, it's a tough league and none of these games will be easy.
Odds of going 0-5? 😬

Odds of going 0-5? 😬
Unfortunately, the odds of going 0-5 are much higher than going 5-0.

Penn State is in a pause right now so it might be, "what are the odds of going 0-4?"

@ Rutgers - I give us a 30% chance of winning
@Purdue - I give us a 55% chance of us winning
@Indiana - I give us a 47% chance of us winning
@Maryland - I give us a 43% chance of us winning
@Penn State - I give us a 65% chance of us winning

So, chances of going 0-5 are probably less than 10%. It would be like missing a 25 yard field goal to win the game chance. ;)

@Maryland
@Purdue
@Indiana

Should win:

Winning is really hard. That is why so few programs do it regularly. This is a great team to bet on in the coming road games.

Shouldn't the number of years be dropping?

Richard, you've even lost me for now, unless you were to pull off something beyond epic in the Postseason.

Good Lord - that cannot be your last possession - this isn't early in the season and when you don't pass/have movement, I could guard Carr

Quadruple donation match by me the next 60 days! Get rid of this clown. 8 years of this garbage; what is he 52-90 in B10 play?

Pitino B10 win% = 0.371
Monson 0.393
Tubby 0.426
Think about how low the bar has been set.
How does he still have a job?

Quadruple donation match by me the next 60 days! Get rid of this clown. 8 years of this garbage; what is he 52-90 in B10 play?

LOL - you never even put up the first 5K, you phony baloney - that you said you would in the Fire Pitino thread.

Tessie, don't continue to embarrass yourself; the extra stimulus check is only going to be $1400 and there can't be that many cans/bottles you can collect in Bagley - I might have thought you were serious if you were an Eastsider.

they look similar to me, unfortunately.

What a cheap shot kick from my favorite "prescient" poster poser.

Take a partial quote from my post after our amazing win over Iowa and then use it against me, after I changed the title of my thread and admitted it was over for me.

Amazingly, you didn't have any of your cute tarty replies after our wins over ranked teams or when we were in the Top 25 for 5 weeks, LOL. Personally, I'm grateful for those five weeks as it was a nice distraction from the chaos of the real world. One of my favorite bands has a great song which sums up my attitude about this season -

No wonder you avatar is about "faux football" kiddo, you certainly didn't have the balls to play real football

Pitino B10 win% = 0.371
Monson 0.393
Tubby 0.426
Think about how low the bar has been set.
How does he still have a job?
Because Coyle didn’t want to fire a football coach, hockey coach, and women’s basketball coach all that close together and the second round gave him justification to hold on two more years.

I have a gut feeling this thread is permanently over.

Top Bottom