CFP predictions

They can consult with PJ Fleck!

“A player, or players, may or may not have sustained some form of injury, and may or may not miss future games.”

Probably my all time favorite PJ moment.

Rochelle couldn’t have been pleased.

Honestly, the 3rd string QB Glenn is highly rated. Given a month of prep, he would look lot different than last night. FSU would have two healthy, prepared QBs for that game. Just an overall guttless, shameful screwjob by the committee.

It’s a head scratcher.

Alabama beat #1 lock Georgia. Ohio State lost to Michigan. One turned football upside down. The other is drinking.

Too bad that Alabama didn't play Georgia in the regular season. Like tOSU and Michigan did. But that's a very rare occurrence in the SEC..

Based on what they did today I think had Florida State’s QB been healthy and all the games gone the way they went they would’ve put Georgia at 4
Texas 5
Bama 6
Oh, is that what those losers said on the committee.

Here is what you do, FSU.

You fly to whatever bowl game they send you too. You put the pads on and warm up. You do the coin flip, then walk off the field, and head back to the hotel. Then FSU takes their players to whatever hang out is in town.......the beach, a great restaurant, etc...and have the time of your lives.

Just shove it up their ass!

The NCAA couldn't say Schit to them, while the rest of americas laughs and applauds.

Liberty??

BARF.

If you’re gonna run the table, at least have some groceries on it.

Jeff gillooly should just club every SEC QB so no one would be worthy from that shitty ass conference (by the committee's own definition).

Easily SMU.

Undefeated doesn’t mean anything when you don’t play anyone.

Not sure CUSA champ would win FCS bracket …

Gotta punish FSU for exactly the thing that Alabama isn’t punished for. FSU is going through some lumps to figure things out with a new qb while still WINNING their games. Bamas exact claim is that they’re better (with the exact same lineup) and had to grow from the early season. It’s exactly what FSU has done and won while doing, not to mention now FSU would get 4 weeks to prep their backup which is what Bama bobos claim needed to happen with Milroe and the locker room. Completely embarrassing and the committee should be ashamed. Done with the playoff. I’ll watch my Gophers and that sounds good enough to me. The rest will just be decided because… reasons. We’ll see if anyone ever has the guts to come out and admit they caved to the $EC.

Even if Bama wins and FSU loses (and yes they put FSU and Georgia together for EXACTLY this reason, in spite of that there will be opt outs and different guys playing and the emotional aspect of that FSU had something taken away from them that will entirely alter the game), we will never know definitively who the best team is this year because the committee decided their emotions were more important than the integrity of the game. This isn’t the NFL. Your season is taken in its entirety. Instead some random morons got in a room and said well I think the SEC is best so Bama has to be in regardless of the metrics because my eyes, as someone who’s never coached football, doesn’t play, and doesn’t scout, have the ability just by watching games to decide that. Why even have records involved? In fact it should just be decided at seasons start based on who we think is going to be pretty good.

Last edited:

Gotta punish FSU for exactly the thing that Alabama isn’t punished for. FSU is going through some lumps to figure things out with a new qb while still WINNING their games. Bamas exact claim is that they’re better (with the exact same lineup) and had to grow from the early season. It’s exactly what FSU has done and won while doing, not to mention now FSU would get 4 weeks to prep their backup which is what Bama bobos claim needed to happen with Milroe and the locker room. Completely embarrassing and the committee should be ashamed. Done with the playoff. I’ll watch my Gophers and that sounds good enough to me. The rest will just be decided because… reasons. We’ll see if anyone ever has the guts to come out and admit they caved to the $EC.

Even if Bama wins and FSU loses (and yes they put FSU and Georgia together for EXACTLY this reason, in spite of that there will be opt outs and different guys playing and the emotional aspect of that FSU had something taken away from them that will entirely alter the game), we will never know definitively who the best team is this year because the committee decided their emotions were more important than the integrity of the game. This isn’t the NFL. Your season is taken in its entirety. Instead some random morons got in a room and said well I think the SEC is best so Bama has to be in regardless of the metrics because my eyes, as someone who’s never coached football, doesn’t play, and doesn’t scout, have the ability just by watching games to decide that. Why even have records involved? In fact it should just be decided at seasons start based on who we think is going to be pretty good.

2014 season, Cardale Jones had thrown 34 passes with 22 completions prior to his appearance in the Sugar bowl versus Alabama.

Ohio State were 9 point dogs that day. A pretty strong statement people “knew“ who was better. Oregon was a 6-6.5 pt favorite for the NC game.

Considering probabilities of sequential events and an implied chance of victory of 20% and 30% for each game Ohio State overcame pretty incredible odds and teams everyone “knew” were better to become 2014 national champions.

That’s why we play the games. Starter or not.

It’s clear this was all about making sure Alabama and the SEC aren’t left out. We’ll never know for sure but I’m guessing had Georgia won, FSU is in instead of Texas. But now they had to include Texas if they also include Bama.

The whole thing makes little sense. Going into the weekend, FSU was at #4. Texas at #7, Bama at #8. FSU beat the #14 team, Texas beat the #18 team. Was Texas’ win over a pretty mediocre Oklahoma St team so much more impressive than FSU’s win over Louisville? No way. But then it goes back to my original point. It comes back to Alabama.

I hate the “who would be favored in a matchup” argument. If that’s what matters, just get rid of wins/losses. Hypothetically if Bama had lost to Auburn but still beat Georgia, are they still in because they’d still be favored against FSU?

Not surprising, Alabama’s struggles all season seem to be ignored. The SEC is down this year.

The issue I have Alabama going is that if they’re going to use all these justifications like hypothetical point spreads and who you wouldn’t want to play.
Georgia should be 4 and Bama should be 5
Oh I agree, I was completely torn on who should get the final spot between Alabama and Florida State. One of the reasons Bama didn't make sense is that if you follow that logic, you end up making arguably stronger arguments for Georgia and Ohio State.

Nope, it was in response to who do you think it should be if not Liberty.

I gave the correct answer

Much as I hate Liberty, they're really the only choice for that spot.
I agree

To have a two loss jump an unbeaten the losses can’t be bad. Probably need a quality win or two

I think I’d rank
1) miami
2) Troy
3) SMu

So I don’t get the SMu love

I hate the “who would be favored in a matchup” argument. If that’s what matters, just get rid of wins/losses. Hypothetically if Bama had lost to Auburn but still beat Georgia, are they still in because they’d still be favored against FSU?

Not surprising, Alabama’s struggles all season seem to be ignored. The SEC is down this year.
This is the completely stupid part. If this is the case why is Washington in? Vegas would have Georgia, OSU and heck probably oregon (who was just 9 pt favs against them) in over Washington. Who actually cares your record, whoever has the most 5* just gets the auto bid.

Next stupid thing, so in the future, if a kid gets hurt teams should 100% lie about it. Star QB tears his ACL, just say it's a sprain and he will be back for the playoffs. Then they will say its OK they will get him back, even if it's total BS.

Lastly, if then it's about injuries, if team X doesn't have a player or isn't starting someone and they start out 0-5, but then that team gets player X back and goes 7-5 they should be in over a 11-1 team? I mean it's not fair to judge them on those 5 games with a "different" team.

This is the completely stupid part. If this is the case why is Washington in? Vegas would have Georgia, OSU and heck probably oregon (who was just 9 pt favs against them) in over Washington. Who actually cares your record, whoever has the most 5* just gets the auto bid.

Next stupid thing, so in the future, if a kid gets hurt teams should 100% lie about it. Star QB tears his ACL, just say it's a sprain and he will be back for the playoffs. Then they will say its OK they will get him back, even if it's total BS.

Lastly, if then it's about injuries, if team X doesn't have a player or isn't starting someone and they start out 0-5, but then that team gets player X back and goes 7-5 they should be in over a 11-1 team? I mean it's not fair to judge them on those 5 games with a "different" team.
This only applies when you need to justify putting in a team from the SEC

Picking FSU without the QB would create problems, all have to agree. What would be the point spread on that clunker?

Instead, Alabama for better or worse is only a 1.5 point underdog to Michigan that will Varner viewers.

Yes, if the FSU quarterback was healthy, that would be a game.

Picking FSU without the QB would create problems, all have to agree. What would be the point spread on that clunker?

Instead, Alabama for better or worse is only a 1.5 point underdog to Michigan that will Varner viewers.

Yes, if the FSU quarterback was healthy, that would be a game.
I was unaware we were picking games for point spreads. Guess we should put Georgia in as well, who was a TD favorite against Bama

Top Bottom