CFP predictions

It’s odd because Florida state is clearly the team of the 4 you should be least scared of

But

How do you reward the number 1 team by playing Texas instead of Florida state?

But
If you can move Texas above Florida state not Bama

Wish we would go to an objective ranking system instead of subjective

Every year people predict committee shenanigans, every year it works itself out and we don't get it...

FSU has a very good defense. Will the backup FSU QB be available for CFP? I would think so.

What I’d like to see.

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Washington vs Texas

Washington

If Alabama doesn't hit that miracle 4th down throw, is there any discussion? No.
I personally think Georgia has a better case than Bama

Bama’s case is that they have the best win.
But if bama’s win is Better than Texas’ win, doesn’t that mean Georgia is better than Bama m?

I personally think Georgia has a better case than Bama

Bama’s case is that they have the best win.
But if bama’s win is Better than Texas’ win, doesn’t that mean Georgia is better than Bama m?
If they weren't all head to head maybe.

Yeah but if you ignore Texas> Bama head to head why can’t you ignore Bama> Georgia head to head

Same logic
Can't ignore played games.I Would argue Georgia is behind both based on the head to head.

Ohio State has a better argument than Alabama. Close loss on the road.
I agree, but I don’t think the committee will give a spot to Ohio State because they didn’t play in the conference championship game.

If you're a P5 Conference with an undefeated Champ that doesn't get awarded a spot in the CFP, you're really not a P5 Conference.

It should be interesting to say the least.

The rationale might be the Florida State starting QB is out, the backup is in concussion protocol (but should be back for CFP). Their third string freshman didn’t put up good stats.

A lot of squishy logic and dart-throwing projections. That is a bad precedent to set, although I believe the Big Ten did something similar decades ago for the Rose Bowl. We already know Alabama solidly lost to Texas head to head and Texas is improving.

If Alabama doesn't hit that miracle 4th down throw, is there any discussion? No.
If a two loss Alabama team beat Georgia today, then that throws out the head to head Texas has over Bama. I would expect the committee to screw over Texas and put Georgia in as the lone one loss team, because you know....SEC.

I agree, but I don’t think the committee will give a spot to Ohio State because they didn’t play in the conference championship game.

Which is reason 23 why the committee should have been disbanded when the new playoff system was devised, but oh well.

The rationale might be the Florida State starting QB is out, the backup is in concussion protocol (but should be back for CFP). Their third string freshman didn’t put up good stats.

A lot of squishy logic and dart-throwing projections. That is a bad precedent to set, although I believe the Big Ten did something similar decades ago for the Rose Bowl. We already know Alabama solidly lost to Texas head to head and Texas is improving.
FSU has a very good defense and as you mention, will get its backup QB back in time for the CFP.

FSU has a very good defense and as you mention, will get its backup QB back in time for the CFP.

I won’t get my hackles up too much unless it becomes apparent money has changed hands.

No conference championship tho 🤷‍♂️
It’s a mess

The committee literally makes up things week to week, year to year. How many wins over .500 teams? Conference championship participant? “Quality wins“. “Quality losses”. Season trends. September doesn’t matter. This year it might be injury to key players. It’s a ***damn three ring circus and an insult to everyone’s intelligence. Just admit you’re compromised.

They have a better loss but Bama has at least one if not more better wins

I’ll be honest those discussions make my eyes glaze over. We can’t possibly know which teams are best without either: head to head games, or a very large data set (like say, baseball and even then) which football cannot ever accomplish.

On the field results are all that should matter, then tiebreakers. This shouldn’t be “over-thought” as it is very straight forward but rationalizations will be made for monetary and pride reasons.

Top Bottom