CFP predictions

He didn't ask if you know who will win the game, he asked you who you thought was a better team.

I don’t have any idea. Do you think I watch every game??

Stew and Bruce stated FSU has a better defense than Alabama this year, and Alabama did a decent job on Georgia.

Defense still trumps offense.

That said, I don’t have the slightest f***ing clue who will win, and neither do they. It is irrelevant to any serious discussion.

The other thing is people are acting like FSU is an average team without Travis. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great player. But that have a great defense and some dynamic play makers.

By the reaction, Travis should easily win the Heisman. He’s clearly the best and most influential player in the country.
Yep....They latched onto the injury as a really flimsy way to justify putting Bama in....and frankly it amazes me that some people seem to agree with them.

Is FSU the same team without Travis....nope.....but they went 3-0 without him and beat a ranked team with their 3rd string QB so clearly the team is still pretty dang good without him.

There is no real justification for including Alabama ahead of Florida State but of course few people are surprised it happened. Heck even the end of season top 25 and coaches polls both have FSU ranked ahead of Alabama.

I don’t have any idea. Do you think I watch every game??

Stew and Bruce stated FSU has a better defense than Alabama this year, and Alabama did a decent job on Georgia.

Defense still trumps offense.

That said, I don’t have the slightest f***ing clue who will win, and neither do they. It is irrelevant to any serious discussion.
Nope, I just am pointing out that you keep refusing to answer the question people are asking you.

It's not irrelevant, you want it to be irrelevant. It is clearly part of the decision process. Whether or should be or not, that's a different debate.

Of course people have a clue who will win games in the future. They aren't 100% accurate, but of course reasonable people can make accurate predictions of games in the future.

Nope, I just am pointing out that you keep refusing to answer the question people are asking you.

It's not irrelevant, you want it to be irrelevant. It is clearly part of the decision process. Whether or should be or not, that's a different debate.

Of course people have a clue who will win games in the future. They aren't 100% accurate, but of course reasonable people can make accurate predictions of games in the future.
I think Alabama (and Georgia) would beat FSU.

I also thought USC would crush Texas and Miami would kill Ohio St.

So did most people. But it didn't happen and no one says Reggie bush won three straight national championships.

That's why the games are played on the field which both teams did 13 times and one of those teams won every game.

I think Alabama (and Georgia) would beat FSU.

I also thought USC would crush Texas and Miami would kill Ohio St.

So did most people. But it didn't happen and no one says Reggie bush won three straight national championships.

That's why the games are played on the field which both teams did 13 times and one of those teams won every game.
Sure, I'm not arguing that it should be based on people's projections, but it clearly is an element and always has been. It's also something that shouldn't be at all foreign to the people pretending it's some new radical concept.

If the argument is, if there is an undefeated P5 conference champ, all of the subjective analysis should be abandoned, I'd probably agree with you. However, the argument that all subjective analysis is completely useless, impossible, and no one has a clue whatsoever is so disingenuous it's silly. People speculate on who will win future contests all the time and they are surprisingly accurate - more accurate than most objective checklists.

If FSU was selected, I have no doubt Georgia would have been team #4.

I'm not buying anything these CFP clowns are selling.

FSU should have gotten in, but this can still be settled on the field. If FSU beats Georgia, they will at minimum be considered co-national champions and the large majority of fans and media will treat them that way including us. They better get their act together and beat Georgia!!!

Like I've said previously, we basically get three semi-final games this year! Let's make lemonade out of lemons!

FSU should have gotten in, but this can still be settled on the field. If FSU beats Georgia, they will at minimum be considered co-national champions and the large majority of fans and media will treat them that way including us. They better get their act together and beat Georgia!!!
If Bama wins it all and FSU gets boat raced, it was still the wrong call.

Top Bottom