CFP predictions

Money talks. FSU gets f*cked. I feel really bad about them.

On the other hand, laughing my ass off that Michigan has to face Alabama in the first round.

I'm going to be pulling for Florida State in their bowl game now.

Is the purpose of the playoffs to have the 4 best teams right now play? If so, it should be Washington, Michigan, Texas. And either Alabama or Georgia. FSU has not shown the offense ability since their QB went down.

If the purpose is to reward teams for their overall performance during the season, then FSU easily beats out Alabama who had a slow start with a freshman QB.

Based on what I saw this weekend, if they played right now, Alabama would beat FSU 8 out of 10 times. I think that’s why Alabama gets in.

Money talks. FSU gets f*cked. I feel really bad about them.

On the other hand, laughing my ass off that Michigan has to face Alabama in the first round.

Yep, Michigan losing to Albama and Alabama losing to one of TX or WA seems likely.

Is the purpose of the playoffs to have the 4 best teams right now play? If so, it should be Washington, Michigan, Texas. And either Alabama or Georgia. FSU has not shown the offense ability since their QB went down.

If the purpose is to reward teams for their overall performance during the season, then FSU easily beats out Alabama who had a slow start with a freshman QB.

Based on what I saw this weekend, if they played right now, Alabama would beat FSU 8 out of 10 times. I think that’s why Alabama gets in.

Alabama struggled versus a horshe**** Auburn squad, already got spanked by Texas, and beat a questionable Georgia team.

NO WAY can you unequivocally say Alabama is better than FSU

The happiest people in the country right now are FSU's lawyers. The folks in Tallahassee are no doubt telling them "we really have to get out of the ACC."

I don't think playoff spots should be based on a future projection of what folks think might happen based on an injury. A team earned them or they didn't.

The generally accepted rule is that a major conference champion who goes 13-0 is in. 3 teams earned that. Texas and Alabama have precedent from a couple years ago when Cincy and Notre Dame were locked up for the last spot, ND was probably more impressive, but ND's only loss was head-to-head with Cincinnati. So the Bearcats got the last spot.
SEC bias is denied, but real.

I'd love to see a 1-loss Texas win the CFP and Florida State convincingly win the bowl game. The final AP Poll could theoretically award #1 to FSU as the only unbeaten. I know, that would never happen...

Really disappointed in this broadcast squad. Yech.

Sad to see people, even Herbstreit trade integrity for a paycheck. I get it, but it’s sad.
Yeah, this pretzel logic is pretty bad.

The happiest people in the country right now are FSU's lawyers. The folks in Tallahassee are no doubt telling them "we really have to get out of the ACC."
Not really, since under next years system, they'll all get in the playoff.

If was an FSU player in the room when the announcement was made, I'd be throwing chairs out the window.

I rarely root for Michigan, but I want them to absolutely stomp Bama.

It’s possible. This isn’t a vintage Alabama team but I think Michigan has dropped off late in the season after their scandal. Sure, I could be wrong.

Right now either WA or TX has to be the overall people’s champion.

Alabama struggled versus a horshe**** Auburn squad, already got spanked by Texas, and beat a questionable Georgia team.

NO WAY can you unequivocally say Alabama is better than FSU
See - you prove my point with your comment. You took the historical data to justify the current situation. If that’s what the purpose is, than your logic is correct.

But I believe the purpose is to get the best 4 teams at season’s end to playoff. If you watched Alabama/Georgia and FSU/Louisville this weekend, Alabama is the 4th team. It has nearly the same defense and a far more explosive offense than FSU. Right now. It would beat FSU 8 out of 10.

Top Bottom