CFP predictions

It really shouldn't be though. If you go back to week 1 and say "at the end of the year, there will be 3 undefeated P5 Champs, and the other two P5 conference Champs will both be 1 loss teams, but as fortune would have it, one of them beat the other head to head", I think the near unanimous response would be that it will be pretty easy to pick the top 4.

The nightmare scenario would have been 5 undefeated P5 champs.
/thread.

OK, if we're actually talking about leaving out a 13-0 conference champion, from a weaker conference ............

why does Washington deserve to get in???

Who did they beat?? Oregon (twice). Boise State in week 1, probably best G5 now. So? Other non-conf was Tulsa and Mich State. Nobody.

OK, who did Oregon beat? Non-conf Portland State, Texas Tech (38-30), and Hawaii. Nobody.

Making an exception because the SEC gets left out? Unfortunately.....with the four team playoff.....teams get left out. Just so happened that it broke badly for the SEC this year. It would be a terrible precedent to bend the rules to get them in.

Florida State and Texas deserve to get in. One of them will get screwed because....SEC. Money talks. ESPN is airing all three CFP games. I hope I'm wrong.

Florida State and Texas deserve to get in. One of them will get screwed because....SEC. Money talks. ESPN is airing all three CFP games. I hope I'm wrong.

Leaving out an undefeated P5 team.....regardless of their QB situation would cause major backlash. And Texas has the head-to-head win against Alabama. I just don't see any situation where the committee could explain leaving either out for an SEC team without straight up saying that results don't matter.

Georgia has the worst argument of any of the teams in consideration. They played no one in the non-conference, their best wins are against a couple of overrated SEC teams, they didn't play LSU, and they lost to Alabama.

Georgia has the worst argument of any of the teams in consideration. They played no one in the non-conference, their best wins are against a couple of overrated SEC teams, they didn't play LSU, and they lost to Alabama.

This is true. Georgia has exactly zero big wins this year. I hope this is the year the SEC's scheduling of 4 non-conference games (usually weak opponents) comes back to haunt them.

1701620350936.png

If Bama has a better win than Texas isn’t that an admission that Georgia is better than Bama and should be ranked higher
Maybe yes. But I was comparing bama to OSU. Me me since Texas beat bama and have the same record no way to leave them out with bama in

But they did…I don’t get your point. They won the game. Washington had some very close calls. Maybe those don’t count to you either?
Did you reply to my post mistakingly?

This is true. Georgia has exactly zero big wins this year. I hope this is the year the SEC's scheduling of 4 non-conference games (usually weak opponents) comes back to haunt them.

View attachment 28722

I don't know how you look at this and don't immediately toss Georgia out. It should be down to whether the committee wants to put Alabama in over FSU. If money is the deciding factor, Alabama will be in. If the season actually matters, which it should, Alabama is out.

If Bama has a better win than Texas isn’t that an admission that Georgia is better than Bama and should be ranked higher

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's circular logic. If beating Georgia on a neutral field is a better win than beating Alabama on their own field.....then isn't that saying that Georgia is the better team and Bama shouldn't be in regardless?

Previous years should not be taken into consideration. Sec champ this year lost by double digits at home, no way they should jump an undefeated conference champ. 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. FSU.

5. Bama 6. Georgia 7. Ohio State 8. Oregon

Previous years should not be taken into consideration. Sec champ this year lost by double digits at home, no way they should jump an undefeated conference champ. 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. FSU.

5. Bama 6. Georgia 7. Ohio State 8. Oregon
I would rank them:
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida state
4. Texas
5. Georgia
6. Ohio state
7. Alabama
8. Oregon
9. Penn State
10. Ole Miss
11. LSU
12. Missouri

Really don’t get how Missouri is rated above ole miss.
Lost to a team ole miss beat. No top 20 wins?
LSU beat Missouri and lost to 3 top 8 teams.

13. Oklahoma
14. Arizona
15. Louisville
16. Notre Dame
17. Iowa
18. NC state
19. Ok state
20. Liberty
21. Clemson
22. Kansas State
23. Oregon State
24. Utah
25. West Virginia

Last edited:

If they like variety in the eventual champ, here is the chance to shove Georgia out a season.

I don’t understand why Ohio State is not being considered when their only loss is to Michigan?

Last edited:

I don’t understand why Ohio State is not bring considered when their only loss is to Michigan?

The issue is you have too many conference champions with equal or better records. To me, you get extra credit for winning your conference championship. That's why Georgia is straight out. You can't pick them over any of the three undefeated conference champions and you can't pick them over Alabama, who just beat them.

It should be:
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. FSU
4. Texas

I don't feel confident in this actually happening.

Oh boy, here comes Boo Corrigan. Get ready for no (coherent) explanations. “Respect my decision”

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Texas
4) Alabama

Florida's SOS was #55
Alabama's SOS was #4

Alabama had 4 wins vs. top 25 teams
FSU had 3 wins vs. top 25 teams

Not sure if it gets factored in AT ALL, but FSU is obviously not the same team moving forward without Travis at QB.

Can you downgrade a team because of an injured QB? Can the committee take that into consideration? Should they?

So much drama. Whoever gets left out.....their fanbase is gonna go off the rails.

Top Bottom