Buffs - Coach Prime

My point is- blame the NCAA. They clearly could care less about the athletes who aren’t at the top of the sport.

The unfortunate reality is that it’s now going to be damn near impossible for a coach to be successful the “old fashioned” way. Especially one who’s taking over the worst team in P5. That’s the world the NCAA has created.

To all the people who for years cried "you need to PAY the players!!!!", be careful what you wish for. This is exactly what you wanted, so you get to reap what you sow.

If players want to get paid for playing they must also face getting fired when not meeting expectations. The programs will still honor the contracts, but they won't be playing. Welcome to professional sports.

I wonder how hot the chili is in Boulder?
I had some green chili last time I was out there…plenty hot. If that’s the base and you add Brew and Prime? Whooo boy! That’s going to be snappy!

Combo platter of Hot chili made with gored ox. Though it is really a distinction without a difference, at this juncture……as well.

Do those players whose scholarships were honored count against the 85 scholarship limit?
yeah i dont' get why anyone keeps saying they honored the scholarships. they said you could stay in school on scholarship. most of these guys went places on a football scholarship with academics/degree being a plus. making them give up football isn't really honoring the full spectrum of what was offered and is an easy PR move for them as most kids are going to move on as they want to play.

It’s not PRO sports yet. The players he blew off worked their entire lives to earn that scholarship. To me what he did epitomizes the WORST in amateur athletics.
It's hard to type this because I agree with you, but it stopped being amateur athletics when we started paying for players. Getting a $40,000+ per year education was not enough. Now, they get paid, and good for them, but this is part of the result. Like it or leave it, it's part of it.

Because they honored the scholarships (per PAC rules) if the players wanted them?
sure that's fine and this is a semantics argument. you'll say it's factually correct and i'll say it's disingenuous in how it's being described given they're being forced off the team and to give up on the dream of playing D1 football or in the NFL and we'll continue to agree to disagree. the same as they still call it an academic scholarship when it's most certainly, in truth, a compensation to come play football/sports here for many.

CU is not too far off from the U in academics. Are you implying their players won't have to attend general student population classes?

And by "buy players"...do you mean like 75% of the P5 programs are currently doing?
I am 100% implying that academics will not be emphasized in Coach Prime’s program.

I am sure whatever program he is at will be up near the top in money spent on players as the emphasis will be on win at all costs.

it is what it is. He won’t be at Colorado for long and they will almost certainly end up on probation after he jumps ship and takes most of his high priced talent with him, due to recruiting violations of some kind.

Sanders is not good for college football but he fits right in with the current landscape and he will almost certainly be at a helmet school very soon if his traveling circus routine works at Colorado.

Lots of crow being eaten today. LOL.

Sanders was a great hire. Hired a first class staff and was able to instantly attract top tier talent. The players he "ran off" could have kept their scholarship, but nobody should be guaranteed playing time.
On another site I made the statement Nebraska should have hired him got blasted

Glad they didn’t lol

I am 100% implying that academics will not be emphasized in Coach Prime’s program.

I am sure whatever program he is at will be up near the top in money spent on players as the emphasis will be on win at all costs.

it is what it is. He won’t be at Colorado for long and they will almost certainly end up on probation after he jumps ship and takes most of his high priced talent with him, due to recruiting violations of some kind.

Sanders is not good for college football but he fits right in with the current landscape and he will almost certainly be at a helmet school very soon if his traveling circus routine works at Colorado.
Where is the evidence? Other than one factor I can't think of a reason someone would insinuate what you did.

They’re bringing in one of the best skill guys in the nation and a QB who has thrown for 6k yards and 70 touchdowns at the FCS level

Question of if it translates. But they have the skill guys to play with finesse teams right now
Some teams will test their line play more and I think they’ll struggle more. Sanders is getting the ball out so fast right now line play almost doesn’t matter
It was interesting in the post-game interview when they told Shedeur that he had set a Colorado record with 510 yds and he was like I didn't even do that at FCS level and sounded like the FBS level isn't that big of a deal. Of course, he made it look that way all day. Last week I saw an interview he gave and he was asked if he was going to be nervous and with a straight face he shrugged and said "Nope, I'm a Sanders. We don't get nervous". He has his Dad's swagger but is backing it up just like his Dad.

It was interesting in the post-game interview when they told Shedeur that he had set a Colorado record with 510 yds and he was like I didn't even do that at FCS level and sounded like the FBS level isn't that big of a deal. Of course, he made it look that way all day. Last week I saw an interview he gave and he was asked if he was going to be nervous and with a straight face he shrugged and said "Nope, I'm a Sanders. We don't get nervous". He has his Dad's swagger but is backing it up just like his Dad.
The kid came across well post game. I think Purple would be a good color for him, assuming they miss out on Athan...

Where is the evidence? Other than one factor I can't think of a reason someone would insinuate what you did.
I assume the one factor you are alluding to is race and I can assure you that isn't the case.

But you are right, I am making a lot of assumptions in assuming things will go the way it has for other ego maniac coaches who have thumbed their nose at the rules and left the program in a rough spot after they jetted off to bigger and better things (most of those guys were white by the way).

Maybe Coach Prime is doing everything the right way and above board.....but if I was going to bet I would bet heavily against that not being the case. Time will tell I guess.

In the meantime, it is bad for college football if his schtick works at Colorado but it is what it is at this point and I won't be losing any sleep over it.

I assume the one factor you are alluding to is race and I can assure you that isn't the case.

But you are right, I am making a lot of assumptions in assuming things will go the way it has for other ego maniac coaches who have thumbed their nose at the rules and left the program in a rough spot after they jetted off to bigger and better things (most of those guys were white by the way).

Maybe Coach Prime is doing everything the right way and above board.....but if I was going to bet I would bet heavily against that not being the case. Time will tell I guess.

In the meantime, it is bad for college football if his schtick works at Colorado but it is what it is at this point and I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Yes
He is a win at all costs guy, those guys usually aren't the most ethical. I'm sure Nick Saban, Kirby Smart and Urban Meyer are as pure as the wind driven snow.
🤣

It's time that big time college athletes are professionals with protections of a Union. Do it right and college football could take down the NFL.

Well not gonna lie, I doubted him and still don’t respect his methods, but that’s his choice. Most of the talent was unproven at the P5 level. 2 of the top WRs were okay at South Florida, the rb was a four star true frosh. I think we all knew Hunter would be fine. But it’s not like he brought in Caleb Williams and Jordan Addison guys that were proven P5 stars.
He did what he needed to quickly compete. They beat TCU with an almost completely new roster. That takes a very organized, good staff. He won't be doing that overhaul again. Getting national exposure for the program. Next week playing Nebby will get a ton of eyeballs.

Colorado is a horrible job. Bad facilities and only 6 men's sports programs. I still can't believe they don't have hockey. If he succeeds he won't be there long.
I don't know, sounds like he likes it there. With less sports teams to fund, the attention and $$ he will attract means those sports will probably get better faster as well.

Anyone sick of him being called 'coach Prime' already???

Do people straight up just call him Prime and not Sanders or Deion on a daily basis??

I know guys like Jimbo and Dabo are not their birth names but they're called that routinely. I don't know why this bugs me lol
You sick of Row the Boat?

News we will hear all week. The runner-up #2 team last season, now ranked #17, is upset by Deion Sanders's Colorado team.

View attachment 26695

NCAA has made the transfer and NIL rules so loose it is difficult to cheat.

Top Bottom