All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Any updates on Walton's recruitment? I haven't seen much posted anywhere recently. He's definitely the primary remaining target of the 2020 class, so I'm trying to be optimistic that we can keep him in state.

Any updates on Walton's recruitment? I haven't seen much posted anywhere recently. He's definitely the primary remaining target of the 2020 class, so I'm trying to be optimistic that we can keep him in state.

Walton was at the game last night as a guest of the Gophers.

Walton was at the game last night as a guest of the Gophers.
hopefully he was a fan of the flow and attempted outside shooting (first half great, second half not so much). This offense would fit his skill set well

always fun to look ahead....but IF we would be able to add Walton we would have a ton of position flexibility at the 1-3
Carr-PG only
Greenlee-PG only
Gabe-2 or 3
Willis-1, 2, or 3
Williams-1, 2, or 3
Mashburn-1 or 2
Walton-2 or 3

the big question would be if we can get enough out of Omersa, Ihnen, & Mitchell at the 4 position to not be a huge weak spot.....and convince Oturu to come back

i would imagine that we would try and sneak in 4 guard lineup when the situation allows us as well.

but man that would be a lot of mouths to feed for minutes next year. Greenlee would be the odd guy out for sure. But we would have 120 minutes to feed to 6 guys....great problem to have it we can get all of them to buy into it

of course college basketball rosters are very fluid so guys could certainly decide to move on as well

always fun to look ahead....but IF we would be able to add Walton we would have a ton of position flexibility at the 1-3
Carr-PG only
Greenlee-PG only
Gabe-2 or 3
Willis-1, 2, or 3
Williams-1, 2, or 3
Mashburn-1 or 2
Walton-2 or 3

the big question would be if we can get enough out of Omersa, Ihnen, & Mitchell at the 4 position to not be a huge weak spot.....and convince Oturu to come back

i would imagine that we would try and sneak in 4 guard lineup when the situation allows us as well.

but man that would be a lot of mouths to feed for minutes next year. Greenlee would be the odd guy out for sure. But we would have 120 minutes to feed to 6 guys....great problem to have it we can get all of them to buy into it

of course college basketball rosters are very fluid so guys could certainly decide to move on as well
I agree with most of what you say but no way could we use Williams at pg. I like his game a lot but his handles scare me a little and I think he is a little nonchalant when passing sometime. Not good qualities for a pg.

If we get Walton, could we see a squeezing out of Kalesheur?

He's been pretty inconsistent and not very effective if he isn't on fire. Boy oh Boy when he is hot though! Mashburn and Walton could easily squeeze the minutes and Williams is only going to get better.

Hard to see all these guys being happy on the same roster.

He's been pretty inconsistent and not very effective if he isn't on fire. Boy oh Boy when he is hot though! Mashburn and Walton could easily squeeze the minutes and Williams is only going to get better.

Calm down. This team isn't that deep.

Plus, we don't know what we have in those players coming in yet. A junior who's been starting for 2 years already isn't losing his starting spot on any team, let alone this one. He also plays good defense.

No. Gabe is a shooter and shooters shoot and sometimes get into a zone and sometimes go ice cold. He's adjusting to teams keying on him. His game is growing as he takes the ball to the basket more. Whether he is hitting shots or not, he contributes solid D all the time. He needs to be on the floor and will need to be next year no matter what.

I hope you are kidding.... First to think Gabe would get squeezed out is crazy. He plays great defense and is a plus 3 point shooter. Those guys don't lose their spots. Second we will take talent at all times. Always try to recruit a replacement. Gabe just isn't the one who will get replaced. I could see us going smaller, Carr, Mashburn, Gabe, Kerwin, and a big. Otherwise guys can wait their turns or leave and we will develop guys. It's not a bad thing to continue to be put in those spots where a good player may chose to leave because you're too deep.

Gabe is one of our better players.

I think the interesting thing you will see - especially if Oturu returns for 1 more year - is 4 "guard" lineups with Oturu.

I could see Williams getting significant run at SF in a lineup without a PF.

I hope you are kidding.... First to think Gabe would get squeezed out is crazy. He plays great defense and is a plus 3 point shooter. Those guys don't lose their spots. Second we will take talent at all times. Always try to recruit a replacement. Gabe just isn't the one who will get replaced. I could see us going smaller, Carr, Mashburn, Gabe, Kerwin, and a big. Otherwise guys can wait their turns or leave and we will develop guys. It's not a bad thing to continue to be put in those spots where a good player may chose to leave because you're too deep.
No way Gabs sits.

The idea of both being better than Kalesheur from the get-go is laughable.

'nova. chalk up another one for the catholics. those catholics know how to ball.

What are you referring to? I haven't seen Walton linked to nova at all...
Agreed, in this recruitment Creighton is the small school we would lose out to, all other schools he took visits to were larger schools similar to the U

That’s it I knew it was a catholic school. We play second banana to catholic schools.

National Championships In Football and Basketball? Which schools please? Because what I see time and again are the cheater schools winning titles. One and dones, kids that major in televsion watching or possibly don't attend classes at all.

This is my early bet on one of my three son's college major. The kid is 14 and probably could go straight to grad school in that discipline

This is my early bet on one of my three son's college major. The kid is 14 and probably could go straight to grad school in that discipline
It's fun having a stud like that isn't it? LOL
My daughter's college major should be snapchat. :ROFLMAO:

2020's are our decade. Only good things happen in MN sports.

What's next...the Twins sign an impact Pitcher??? Oh well...2 out of 3 ain't bad according to Meatloaf.

Excellent game and atmosphere to be at today in a big win. Also can see where his 3 point shooting could help out :)

Top Bottom