All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Hopefully he was there for or paid attention to Oturu’s post game interview. Says it means so much for him to play for his hometown. Different priorities for different guys, but what a powerful time to deliver that message!

Lot of things going for us in Walton's recruitment. Having a local star in Oturu front-running the Big 10 POTY candidates certainly helps. Not to mention Walton has been to two straight home games and has gotten to witness a winning locker room atmosphere in person.

On a side note I watched a little of the Minnehaha vs Hopkins game highlights the other day... Walton's persona is very different compared to Suggs. I think it had to do with how arrogant and cocky Suggs was compared to Walton, who quietly came in and handed Minnehaha the loss without show-boating after every basket.

Not saying we don't want kids with passion but I think Walton's personality and game fit the team a lot better than Suggs does. I'm sure Kerwin realizes that he'd be a good fit here as well.

Lot of things going for us in Walton's recruitment. Having a local star in Oturu front-running the Big 10 POTY candidates certainly helps. Not to mention Walton has been to two straight home games and has gotten to witness a winning locker room atmosphere in person.

On a side note I watched a little of the Minnehaha vs Hopkins game highlights the other day... Walton's persona is very different compared to Suggs. I think it had to do with how arrogant and cocky Suggs was compared to Walton, who quietly came in and handed Minnehaha the loss without show-boating after every basket.

Not saying we don't want kids with passion but I think Walton's personality and game fit the team a lot better than Suggs does. I'm sure Kerwin realizes that he'd be a good fit here as well.
I like your input of what you see and hear. I am to watched the football championship game and noticed the same type of person you mentioned in your comments

I think the Wayzata kid was there too - Heide? It was good to see Damien, Mbakwe and Humphries there too.
Tre Holloman - sophmore from Cretin was supposed to be there also, but I forgot to look to confirm. Watching him throw lob passes in Cretin games should make any wing want to play with him- he is fun to watch.

Damian spoke to the Golden Dunkers before the game and was very impressive- I know some people at North St Paul where he and Aaron Robinson are coaching and they are sure glad he is there. Trevor Mbakwe spoke last week to the dunkers-- Kendall Shell is on the Dunkers board now and he has been very helpful in lining up recent player speakers.

Nice, he'd be an excellent addition to class

Kerwin is old school, right down to the afro. He just lets his game do the talking, love watching him play.

Any see what the Islanders did to Hopkins.

I saw what the Islanders did to Hopkins. It was my first time seeing Walton in person. I hope the Gophers land him, but he and the Royals got thumped. I have no idea how that team beat Minnehaha. They’re athletic as heck (and Walton maybe the most of any of them), but didn’t play organized at all. They were just terribly off all night. I would’ve liked to have seen Walton call for the ball more and try to take over- De La Salle often had their smaller point guard (who was impressive) on him and he had a real size advantage.

I saw what the Islanders did to Hopkins. It was my first time seeing Walton in person. I hope the Gophers land him, but he and the Royals got thumped. I have no idea how that team beat Minnehaha. They’re athletic as heck (and Walton maybe the most of any of them), but didn’t play organized at all. They were just terribly off all night. I would’ve liked to have seen Walton call for the ball more and try to take over- De La Salle often had their smaller point guard (who was impressive) on him and he had a real size advantage.

Cade Haskins was the best player on the floor that night. Hopkins did not look good. Walton actually looked like he was sick or something. Just speculation. I've never seen him play like that. But his supporting cast did him no favors and DLS is very, very well-coached.

His Twitter shows North Dakota as his only D1 offer so far. No 247 page, for whatever that is worth. Also saw this:

RJ said in a recent podcast that he grew 3 inches in the last year and is starting to get on mid-major to high major programs radar. I foresee a gophers offer coming.

I like his high release and he has a pretty quick shot.

He is unselfish ALMOST too much. He rarely takes a bad or forced shot. Moves the ball and finds the open man. He can flat out stroke it.

Also when the opportunity presents itself I have seen him bang on some people driving to the rim.

He is unselfish ALMOST too much. He rarely takes a bad or forced shot. Moves the ball and finds the open man. He can flat out stroke it.

Also when the opportunity presents itself I have seen him bang on some people driving to the rim.
Walton or Haskins are you talking about?

Walton or Haskins are you talking about?

Haskins rises up on his jump shot incredibly well. Jumpshot reminds me of Gordon Hayward. Walton has a high release too but doesn't rise up as much as Cade.

Is Cade coming to the U to play basketball?

He's not an unknown to the U, there was a tweet about Conroy watching him in early December, no offer at this point though whatever that means.

He's not an unknown to the U, there was a tweet about Conroy watching him in early December, no offer at this point though whatever that means.
I know nothing about him except for the video posted. High/quick release. Does anyone know about his overall athleticism? Sounds like UND won't be his best offer for very long. Purdue always seem to have kids like this on their roster.

Top Bottom