All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

cause he lives here. he's been to a bunch of Foodball and Bball games. Maybe an official is coming
I believe he has taken all of his officials now for this year, but yeah he has been on campus many times watching practice or attending games. No reason to do an official here if he wanted to get out and see other schools in other states.

cause he lives here. he's been to a bunch of Foodball and Bball games. Maybe an official is coming
All the more reason to show he's interested and take a weekend to get a full tour of the facilities and maybe practice with the team. Shouldn't be too hard since he's local...

I didn't know recruits only get 5 officials. That's my bad boys :censored: hoping he takes one in the spring though.

I believe he has taken all of his officials now for this year, but yeah he has been on campus many times watching practice or attending games. No reason to do an official here if he wanted to get out and see other schools in other states.

2020 is a week or so away. does it go by the calendar year?

We didn’t get any of them. Suburban mn white kids afraid of big cities.

Oops meant racism not fascism. Still right tho man white kids ain’t goin to dt mpls.

Suburban white kids pick cities much larger than Minneapolis. They pick UCLA, NOVA , OHIO STATE etc..
Nova is right there in a big city, I wouldn't call the mainline in the city unless you mean Eden Prairie or Woodbury as the city.

Oops meant racism not fascism. Still right tho man white kids ain’t goin to dt mpls.
Michael Hurt? Treyton Thompson? Brady Rudrud? Are you just talking about this class because yeah carlson and crowl went to madison, but the madsen brothers went to Cincinnati and Garcia went to Milwaukee so....

We didn’t get any of them. Suburban mn white kids afraid of big cities.
I see plenty of white suburban kids at the U. My job is to help mostly suburban kids with college apps. I have never seen a kid shy away from urban schools but rather the opposite, in my experience they don't like rural schools. There are some exceptions, Penn, Yale, USC, University of Chicago are in rather tough neighborhoods and this is a consideration but it is for all students with whom I work. But schools like UCLA, Berkeley, UC San Diego, Washington, George Washington, Boston University, MIT, Harvard, Northeastern, Tulane, NYU etc. have no shortage of students seeking admission despite being in big cities.

I see plenty of white suburban kids at the U. My job is to help mostly suburban kids with college apps. I have never seen a kid shy away from urban schools but rather the opposite, in my experience they don't like rural schools. There are some exceptions, Penn, Yale, USC, University of Chicago are in rather tough neighborhoods and this is a consideration but it is for all students with whom I work. But schools like UCLA, Berkeley, UC San Diego, Washington, George Washington, Boston University, MIT, Harvard, Northeastern, Tulane, NYU etc. have no shortage of students seeking admission despite being in big cities.

Suburban kids don't like MN not because its urban but because its 30 min from home and they grew up here.

Most kids want to get away from their parents expect for a select few. Plus, entitles suburbanites are transplants from WI and IA and have told their kids that MN sucks. So, therefore, what do you think Lakeville and eden prairie kids that aren't kids of MN alumni are going to think.

"I need to go to Madison because it's cool and it's still within driving distance. UMN sucks."

I think most of you have SFB, or, you just like to argue. Once the Gophers get a little reputation, more will come. Since Clem, this basketball team has not been very consistent in placing high in the B1G. Pitino has shown the most promise in some time.

I think most of you have SFB, or, you just like to argue. Once the Gophers get a little reputation, more will come. Since Clem, this basketball team has not been very consistent in placing high in the B1G. Pitino has shown the most promise in some time.
Tough not to agree with common sense. +10,000.

Plus, i like the players on the roster we have.

You do know the twin cities metro is substantially bigger than the Columbus metro right? Unsure if this was a joke or..
Also, Nova is wayyyy out of the urban core of Philadelphia, as opposed to Temple and Penn. It's in a rich suburb, probably mostly white (too lazy to look it up).

UCLA is "within" the urban core of LA, which is a very spread out metro area, but it is in the very wealthy western portion of the city. Again guessing very white.

The UMN Twin Cities main Mpls campus, on the other hand, is not in any kind of wealthy or white area of the city, and has a dcent amount of crime, including violent crime and robberies near and even on-campus. I'm sure doesn't help the perception of kids from places like Lakeville, Woodbury, Maple Grove, etc.

Suburban kids don't like MN not because its urban but because its 30 min from home and they grew up here.

Most kids want to get away from their parents expect for a select few. Plus, entitles suburbanites are transplants from WI and IA and have told their kids that MN sucks. So, therefore, what do you think Lakeville and eden prairie kids that aren't kids of MN alumni are going to think.

"I need to go to Madison because it's cool and it's still within driving distance. UMN sucks."

I think this is the main reason, not sure why the attraction of Madison though,I would think Northwestern if you can get a scholarship and get in would be a much bigger draw. I also think this is part of the Marquette attraction.

I agree many many want to get away from home...but that applies to all kids, not just suburban white ones and not just Minnesotans.

There's something to this. A wealthy North Oaks family I know, whose son was in my daughter's HS grad year, told him that they'd pay for him to go to college anywhere except Minnesota. Naturally he ended up going to Madison just like mom and dad.

Meanwhile, my wife and I toured the Madison campus with our daughter and encouraged her to seriously consider it even though she was brought up a Gopher fan.

There's something to this. A wealthy North Oaks family I know, whose son was in my daughter's HS grad year, told him that they'd pay for him to go to college anywhere except Minnesota. Naturally he ended up going to Madison just like mom and dad.

Meanwhile, my wife and I toured the Madison campus with our daughter and encouraged her to seriously consider it even though she was brought up a Gopher fan.
Athletes lean toward schools that have coaches and programs that win a lot, regardless of color.

Athletes lean toward schools that have coaches and programs that win a lot, regardless of color.
No argument, but family influence is huge. The Gophs benefited from Oturu's family's support of him staying in town, and it swings the other way, too.

No argument, but family influence is huge. The Gophs benefited from Oturu's family's support of him staying in town, and it swings the other way, too.
Totally agree. Daniel and his family made a great choice on what was important to them. I have yet to hear of any athletes that steered away from a school because they were scared and white.

Really? You think the drunken atmosphere of Madison is a better place for your daughter to go to school? You do know that Madison in 2018 had over double the crime rate of the U, right? Madison had 62.79 incidents/thousand students versus 30.11 for the U. Have you ever attended a sporting event at Madison and seen the rude and vulgar behavior of the student section (most non-family friendly atmosphere I have ever witnessed)? Just because the local news keeps you informed of any problems at the U and never about Madison doesn't make it a better place to go to school.

UW-Madison is the playground for upper middle class and above from Chicago burbs, MSP burbs, wealthy East Coast kids that missed on their top schools, and beneficiaries of the hot Shanghai real estate market.

Its a great school but UMN has nothing to apologize for.

UW-Madison is the playground for upper middle class and above from Chicago burbs, MSP burbs, wealthy East Coast kids that missed on their top schools, and beneficiaries of the hot Shanghai real estate market.

Its a great school but UMN has nothing to apologize for.
In other words, it's a poor man's Michigan.

Top Bottom