All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Bigg Robb

Large Member
I know he's young but I'm not sure he'd even be able to get that shot off against Big 10 caliber defenders. He sort of winds up and then shoots it over his shoulder. If you notice, every single jumper/3pt in the video was a set shot.

In fairness to Walton, I’m not sure his shot is that much slower than Hurt’s was coming out of HS and he’s still got 2 years to tweak with it so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I haven’t seen him play defense so not sure he’s the defender that Gabe is but it’d be great to have some momentum where we pull in a 3 and D wing or 2 every other class. Walton definitely has the measurables to make an impact on that end so hopefully he can put it all together. As others have said, you can never have enough 3PT shooting.

Seems to be quite a bit of criticism for a kid with offers from MN, Purdue, Baylor, Kansas St., Creighton....not to mention being a 247 composite 4 star.

Gopher Skipper

Can someone with solid knowledge of the D1 16's this past summer give some insight on where Kerwin fell on that team's "pecking order" - was he the definitive #3 guy behind Garcia and Carlson?

alchemy2u

Seems to be quite a bit of criticism for a kid with offers from MN, Purdue, Baylor, Kansas St., Creighton....not to mention being a 247 composite 4 star.
My comment wasn't meant to be a criticism, I just noticed that a highlight video for a 6-6 kid didn't contain any dunks. I don't know anything about him, if Pitino offered, then I assume he has some talents that the Gopher could use.

theczar

He can get his shot off not a slow release..not great elevation yet...watching him in the pro am I noticed he had super soft touch on his short range shots and never got rattled vs the much older players.

BleedGopher

Administrator
per KSTP:

Junior guard Kerwin Walton is a special player on the Hopkins high school basketball team. He just recently added the University of Minnesota to his list of college scholarship offers to play basketball at the next level.

Walton, who transferred to Hopkins from Breck after his freshman year, didn't get serious playing basketball until the age of 10. He learned the game from his father. Walton transferred from Breck to raise his level of competition, trying to develop into a better player. Playing with the likes of blue-chip teammate Zeke Nnaji, a nationwide top-30 Class of 2019 recruit, will certainly do that.

Outside of basketball, Walton plans on a double-major in college, possibly medicine and business.

Walton has offers so far from Minnesota, Creighton, South Dakota, Drake, Denver, Kansas State, Purdue and Baylor. Virginia and Memphis are showing interest, among others.

Walton's offer from Richard Pitino of the Gophers came in over the weekend.

https://kstp.com/sports/hopkins-kerwin-walton-talks-gophers-offer-recruiting-purdue-other-offers/5110213/

Go Gophers!!

Latest profile posts