All Things Boys MSHSL State Tournament

I couldn't attend but it looks like Omot couldn't hit anything. Was he off or was TG just locked in on D?
TG length on him just made his life miserable....i have never seen him play before but clearly he wasnt at his best

The size difference in DeLaSalle vs TG is gonna be immense. I think Dls biggest starter is 6’3. Interested to see how they’re gonna try to guard 6’6 Watson, 6’8 Bath and 6’9 Lee

Coon Rapids keeps getting brought up as a point of contention.

Coon Rapids has 1 football team per youth grade and no sophomore team. Blaine has 4 teams per grade and A/B at the 9th and 10th grade level. Coon Rapids fits the 5A mold and has less teams than Spring Lake Park.
What you just said about sophomore football to:
Roseville
Hopkins
Eastview
Edina
Burnsville
Etc

So yeah, it’s sucks. But they’ve been arbitrarily chosen to move down and win while others get their asses kicked. Pure corruption. I’d be in favor of whoever made that choice going to prison

The real solution isn’t to move coon rapids to 6a. It is to end 6a and allow the bottom half of it to play a Schedule that is currently half 5a half 6a

I’m not kidding about the corruption. Public corruption should result in prison IMO

The size difference in DeLaSalle vs TG is gonna be immense. I think Dls biggest starter is 6’3. Interested to see how they’re gonna try to guard 6’6 Watson, 6’8 Bath and 6’9 Lee
Caledonia beat Totino and they are smaller than Delasalle

Caledonia beat Totino and they are smaller than Delasalle
Caledonia win was great. I watched the whole game and they played hard. That was also Totinos worst game I saw them play. You could tell they had just come off a nail biter against one of the best teams in Wisconsin the night before. I don’t think it’s over at halftime but I think TG wins by 15-20

Totino didn’t play well but a game the night before is a lame excuse imo. Delasalle could keep it close . Was hoping to see South St Paul in the tournament .

I doubt it will be a blowout, but i’ll be very surprised if DeLaSalle wins

Totino didn’t play well but a game the night before is a lame excuse imo. Delasalle could keep it close . Was hoping to see South St Paul in the tournament .
Call it what you want. It was the truth and it showed with their lack of energy. Caledonia took full advantage and won it. Not knocking their win but there are some facts when it comes to high school kids. Vegas takes this into account with pros.

Caledonia also had a 2.5 hour bus ride before the game… does that count for anything?
Not really when you’re playing your biggest game of the the year and they come up to Minneapolis a couple times a year. Anyways I actually got the games mixed up. Park Center and Menominee Falls were back to back. Caledonia got TG at full strength. Anyways, if you watched the game it was obvious one played one of their best games and the other played one of their worsts.

Totino Grace will win by 10-20 points. They are tall and just as quick. I expect this game will be over shortly after halftime.
TG is definitely the favorite, but they beat DeLaSalle by only 3 earlier this season, and DeLaSalle is playing its best basketball of the year right now. With their tough defense, I’d never count them out.

Why is this tournament being played at Williams Arena? There is no one there. These games could be played at the Hopkins High School Lindbergh Center.

TV doesn't do the players justice. Gotta watch them live!

What you just said about sophomore football to:
Roseville
Hopkins
Eastview
Edina
Burnsville
Etc

So yeah, it’s sucks. But they’ve been arbitrarily chosen to move down and win while others get their asses kicked. Pure corruption. I’d be in favor of whoever made that choice going to prison

The real solution isn’t to move coon rapids to 6a. It is to end 6a and allow the bottom half of it to play a Schedule that is currently half 5a half 6a

I’m not kidding about the corruption. Public corruption should result in prison IMO
I agree that Coon Rapids is not the only school in this situation and the MSHSL would need to require certain games through districts or we will be back to schools not getting games due to people not wanting to schedule them. I also agree that a different post season model should be used.

In the end the MSHSL is representing the schools who all have votes and input.

The League does not receive any direct financial support from state funding, but rather is primarily funded through four major sources: tournament ticket sales, member school dues and fees, sponsorship agreements, and broadcast contracts.

Like ASA, USSSA, MSF, NAFA, PlayNFL, Little League, Pony, Babe Ruth, AAU, MYSA, TCSL, MYAS etc. etc. These are all non-profits that operate youth sports and until someone can do it better, the MSHSL will operate HS sports in MN.

Why is this tournament being played at Williams Arena? There is no one there. These games could be played at the Hopkins High School Lindbergh Center.
T-Wolves were at home on Wednesday and tonight. Crowds will be good tomorrow.

I agree that Coon Rapids is not the only school in this situation and the MSHSL would need to require certain games through districts or we will be back to schools not getting games due to people not wanting to schedule them. I also agree that a different post season model should be used.

In the end the MSHSL is representing the schools who all have votes and input.

The League does not receive any direct financial support from state funding, but rather is primarily funded through four major sources: tournament ticket sales, member school dues and fees, sponsorship agreements, and broadcast contracts.

Like ASA, USSSA, MSF, NAFA, PlayNFL, Little League, Pony, Babe Ruth, AAU, MYSA, TCSL, MYAS etc. etc. These are all non-profits that operate youth sports and until someone can do it better, the MSHSL will operate HS sports in MN.
Last year Burnsville, a 6a program cut back to not even playing JV by the end of the year. If the MSHSL keeps it up, there won’t be football to regulate

James Ware is really doing an impressive job at PC. They play tenacious team D and are unselfish on the offensive end.

Carrington could easily put up more ppg, but he plays a very mature game and doesn't just jack up alot of bad shots. I would be surprised if Carrington wasn't a part of the regular rotation next season, with his shooting prowess and also his defensive ability

Wazata's guard had a game most players can only dream of...scoring the 1st 10 points in the 2nd half and carried his team on his back.

James Ware is really doing an impressive job at PC. They play tenacious team D and are unselfish on the offensive end.

Carrington could easily put up more ppg, but he plays a very mature game and doesn't just jack up alot of bad shots. I would be surprised if Carrington wasn't a part of the regular rotation next season, with his shooting prowess and also his defensive ability
Yeah, his defense reminds me of Gabe. Gabe is a really strong defensive player because he plays hard, smart, and just makes his opponents earn their points (nothing too easy). I really think we'll see that with Carrington as well. He is just a smart player. Nothing seems forced. He is an above average shooter, above average ball handler, and above average defender.

Cherry - Hayfield game in 1A is interesting. Hayfield called for 3 early offensive fouls. Cherry has a Soph who is already the school's all-time leading scorer.

Last year Burnsville, a 6a program cut back to not even playing JV by the end of the year. If the MSHSL keeps it up, there won’t be football to regulate
I don't disagree and the schools are also to blame in their support or lack of support for coaches. Coaches are just as hard to find as officials.

Top Bottom