All Things Boys MSHSL State Tournament

Cherry’s Isaac Asuma looks pretty damn tough for a 2024, scoring PG. He should be on Ben’s radar. He will have many offers after AAU ball with D1 MN this summer. Smooth player.

He's list at 6'1 6'2 and a basketball, football, and baseball player. Two other starters on the team with same last name (Assuming brothers in 8th and 7th grade). He's already over 2,000 career pts as a sophomore.

He's list at 6'1 6'2 and a basketball, football, and baseball player. Two other starters on the team with same last name (Assuming brothers in 8th and 7th grade). He's already over 2,000 career pts as a sophomore.
Looks like two families up there who know how to play ball. The rest of the team struggled to run without tripping (huge dropoff). But those 5 kids will make Cherry a major force for a few years, assuming they all stay in the area.

One is a brother and i think the younger one is a cousin.....

One is a brother and i think the younger one is a cousin.....
That is correct. I believe he played for the Sizzle last year for AAU but this year I believe (could be totally wrong) he's playing for the other Minnesota squad and could see his recruitment really blow up with a solid summer.

Loge is clearly the best player in this North-Morris game. I'm not sure North would ever score a bucket if they weren't able to get a steal and lay up on 90% of possessions.

Annandale is putting on a show in the 2nd half against Caledonia. Really good execution and shooting lights-out. Eli King had the big 1st half but Caledonia not shooting well in the 2nd half.

Loge is clearly the best player in this North-Morris game. I'm not sure North would ever score a bucket if they weren't able to get a steal and lay up on 90% of possessions.
Yes he was. Great touch, smart shots, and has excellent hands. Morris players seemed scared to dribble against the press at certain points in the game and let North go on some big runs, as well as took some bad shots. Overall was a great game to watch. Loge is legit and really feel he will have a good career at Augustana.

Annandale is putting on a show in the 2nd half against Caledonia. Really good execution and shooting lights-out. Eli King had the big 1st half but Caledonia not shooting well in the 2nd half.
That was a crazy 2nd half. Caledonia isn’t easily flustered but man they sure were in the 2nd half. Annandale with all that size is going to be a tough match up for north…or course north is going to be a tough match up for Annandale as well.

Watching Annandale play North. Annandale is Incredibly well coached (as is North). I don't know how to evaluate talent for D1, but I wish BJ would watch their big men. They're extremely versatile, coordinated and good passers. Much better than what we had off the bench this year. One is going to St. Johns.

Last edited:

Why is this tournament being played at Williams Arena? There is no one there. These games could be played at the Hopkins High School Lindbergh Center.
T-Wolves were at home on Wednesday and tonight. Crowds will be good tomorrow.
The University should push to permanently make Williams Arena the home for the state championships. Every boy and girl basketball player in the state should grow up dreaming of getting to play on the raised floor in the Barn.

That said, this year Target Center isn't available because the NCAA Women's Final Four is coming in next week. (Lion King is super excited.) The NCAA requires exclusive access for the week and that means the Wolves are on the road that week. With that already baked into the schedule, the Wolves didn't want this week to be another week where their home arena was unavailable.

Annandale showing how great fundamentals can beat great athleticism.
They beat both Caledonia and Mpls North, which is no small feat. They are a very solid, fundamentally sound basketball team.

They beat both Caledonia and Mpls North, which is no small feat. They are a very solid, fundamentally sound basketball team.
1 Class 1 & 2 were both great games and very well played. Thoroughly impressed with Annandale and how they handled the pressure from North. Impressed with Hayfield as they showed poise and teamwork and determined to repeat as champs. .

FWIW - in the Boys AA 3rd-place game, King put up 35 for Caledonia and Loge had 26 for Morris.

North couldn't make an outside shot to save their lives in the AA final. 3 of 19 on 3-point attempts. In today's game, it's hard to win shooting 16% from the outside.

In the A finals, Hayfield just made more plays. It may be a cliche, but Hayfield really does play as a team. their defensive effort is excellent. (disclaimer - I know Coach Pack's father and one of his brothers, so I had a rooting interest).

Annandale had some pretty good athletes. They shot the ball well the last two days. Thought their big kids were versatile and tough.North certainly didn’t have great athletes. Had a bunch of good athletes that played extremely hard . It wasn’t like they were a bunch of D 1 players.

I was wrong about Totino blowing out DeLasalle. Totino, surprisingly, gets their first State championship.

I was wrong about Totino blowing out DeLasalle. Totino, surprisingly, gets their first State championship.
I thought they would blow them out as well. It seemed Delasalle stalled out when they tried to run the clock out with 10 minutes left. Chatman was under control and took over. Would love to seek him as a Gopher. Watson was a non factor today but had played very well against great competition at points this year I believe.

Berthe for Park Center looks to be a very good 3 point shooter, where’s he going to college? Carrington not having a great game so far. 0-6 and 0-2 on 3 pointers.

I like 5 for park center. He going anywhere next year?

Top Bottom