All Things 2019-2020 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Where did he post he hated the bat champs? Don’t speak for anyone.

Your love and support of Tony and Virginia is noted. Again. And again. While you remain silent on your other top program and coach.
You mean UW, UCLA and Nova ? So that is all you have, creepy commentary on my posts.

Duke not very impressive against pitt in the second half, very lucky to have future NBA talent or they would be getting blown out with the way they play

Admittedly I don't think I ever saw Davison play in high school other than streaming a few games, but seeing how many cheap shots he's been caught for in college makes me wonder: Was this an issue for him in HS too? Anyone who watched him regularly in HS have an idea?
Not at all, and I went to high school with him and watched every game he played. He's legit one of the nicest guys I knew off the court too, and I've been really surprised at all of the controversy that's surrounded him throughout college.

Silence from Badger Built. Badgers do nothing to this tool. Should be kicked off the team for his REPEATED incidents of attempting to injure.
I don't know if you think you're being helpful or funny or something, but I don't think anyone else on this board enjoys your repeated harassing of built. I know he doesn't need me to stand up for him, but the shtick is getting real old and I'm sure you have better things to do and are capable of coming up with more intelligent posts.

Not at all, and I went to high school with him and watched every game he played. He's legit one of the nicest guys I knew off the court too, and I've been really surprised at all of the controversy that's surrounded him throughout college.
Maybe you didn’t know Davison all that well. Intentionally hitting players in the groin isn’t something you just pick up playing college ball. His actions on the court speak volumes about his character imo.

You really hate the National Champs. Must really bug you they won it all. Will not be the last one either.
1) Don’t put words in my mouth Built. Unlike Barnburner I haven’t called you out yet for not speaking on Gard/Davison controversy but we can certainly go there.

2) Wanting a team who hasn’t had much success as of late to beat the defending national champs isn’t hating on Virginia.

3) I actually picked UVA to win my bracket last year and loved watching Guy and Jerome play. One of the most talented backcourts I’ve seen in a while and it was a special squad. So again, don’t blindly accuse me of being a UVA hater.

Maybe you didn’t know Davison all that well. Intentionally hitting players in the groin isn’t something you just pick up playing college ball. His actions on the court speak volumes about his character imo.
I'd like to think I knew him pretty well. Known him since we were both in elementary school, played sports with him in high school, and our families knew each other. Not as close now, but would've considered him a friend in high school.

In my opinion, he wasn't actually aiming for the guys groin. He knew he wasn't going to get around the screen in time, and so you rip through the outer arm, maybe your arm gets stuck and they get called for a hold. Happened to get his arm inside a bit too far. Still a cheap play, but not malicious. More on the level of flopping than trying to injure someone.

But, maybe that's just me trying to find a way to justify it cause I really want to believe the best in him.

I'd like to think I knew him pretty well. Known him since we were both in elementary school, played sports with him in high school, and our families knew each other. Not as close now, but would've considered him a friend in high school.

In my opinion, he wasn't actually aiming for the guys groin. He knew he wasn't going to get around the screen in time, and so you rip through the outer arm, maybe your arm gets stuck and they get called for a hold. Happened to get his arm inside a bit too far. Still a cheap play, but not malicious. More on the level of flopping than trying to injure someone.

But, maybe that's just me trying to find a way to justify it cause I really want to believe the best in him.
If it were the first time, maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's not.

I don't know if you think you're being helpful or funny or something, but I don't think anyone else on this board enjoys your repeated harassing of built. I know he doesn't need me to stand up for him, but the shtick is getting real old and I'm sure you have better things to do and are capable of coming up with more intelligent posts.
Badger double.

You mean UW, UCLA and Nova ? So that is all you have, creepy commentary on my posts.
Nope, I mean WISKY. Unless you are now backing away from your previous comments on Gard. Which is it badger?

It didn't take you long to come on here, a MN Gopher board, and protect Tony and UVA. And it doesn't take long for you to come on here and recite all the bad about MN Gopher BB and the current coach.

Creepy? No.

Accurate? Spot on.

Deluded.

Not buying it. Happens too often to be "accidental". Will say the frequency seems to be decreasing so appears he is at least attempting to make a change.

Last edited:

Duke not very impressive against pitt in the second half, very lucky to have future NBA talent or they would be getting blown out with the way they play
Yeah well they do have nba talent, and they are 17-3. We have a future NBA guy and we are 11-9. Other teams have good players too and their record is.....not sure what your point is! Were you trying to tell us if duke didnt have great talent they might not have won last night by 12? Thanks for the update.

Reactions: sal

Yeah well they do have nba talent, and they are 17-3. We have a future NBA guy and we are 11-9. Other teams have good players too and their record is.....not sure what your point is! Were you trying to tell us if duke didnt have great talent they might not have won last night by 12? Thanks for the update.
They had zero interior defense and no motion in their offense, it seemed like half the time they scored it was a putback dunk by Carey off of a missed 3. Very little creativity in anything they were doing, but because they have superior talent than their opponents in almost every game, they get bailed out by that alone. I hadn't watched much of Duke this year and was really just trying to get others thoughts on what they may have seen. You're proving my point as well, the gopher have ONE NBA guy, one guy who is a really good college player (carr) and a bunch of role guys. Comparing the talent on our roster to Duke is ridiculous.

Not buying it. Happens too often to be "accidental". Will say the frequency seems to be decreasing so appears he is at least attempting to make a change.

He's beyond getting the benefit of the doubt at this point

They had zero interior defense and no motion in their offense, it seemed like half the time they scored it was a putback dunk by Carey off of a missed 3. Very little creativity in anything they were doing, but because they have superior talent than their opponents in almost every game, they get bailed out by that alone. I hadn't watched much of Duke this year and was really just trying to get others thoughts on what they may have seen. You're proving my point as well, the gopher have ONE NBA guy, one guy who is a really good college player (carr) and a bunch of role guys. Comparing the talent on our roster to Duke is ridiculous.
Ok well now your finally explaining what you meant! Before you were just being like tim mccarver and telling us that if Duke didnt have NBA talent, they wouldnt be as good. I wasnt comparing minnesota to duke I was just also stating that if we didnt have oturu we wouldnt be 11-9. Just stating the obvious!

Ok well now your finally explaining what you meant! Before you were just being like tim mccarver and telling us that if Duke didnt have NBA talent, they wouldnt be as good. I wasnt comparing minnesota to duke I was just also stating that if we didnt have oturu we wouldnt be 11-9. Just stating the obvious!
Coach K is losing a step, that is evident by his tirade on the student section last night

He's beyond getting the benefit of the doubt at this point
That's fair. I know that I'm biased, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt a lot longer than I would if it was any other badger (or any team) player who I didn't personally know. I completely get why people on this board feel the way that they do, just feel like a lot of the narrative around him doesn't fit with the person I know.

Speaking of Maple Grove kids and getting back on topic of other college basketball games, anyone see Reed Nikko with the game winning block to seal Mizzou's 20 point comeback over Georgia? Crean is really struggling down at Georgia, wonder how long of a leash he'll have.

1) Don’t put words in my mouth Built. Unlike Barnburner I haven’t called you out yet for not speaking on Gard/Davison controversy but we can certainly go there.

2) Wanting a team who hasn’t had much success as of late to beat the defending national champs isn’t hating on Virginia.

3) I actually picked UVA to win my bracket last year and loved watching Guy and Jerome play. One of the most talented backcourts I’ve seen in a while and it was a special squad. So again, don’t blindly accuse me of being a UVA hater.
My apologies. Sincere

I imagine he was usually the best or one of the best players and athletes in every game he played in High School. In college that's not the case. Some people can handle that okay and some can't.

Remember when we lost to DePaul at home?

They just lost at Marquette after being up late, and are now 1-8 in the Big East.

And Utah is is 3-5, Oklahoma State winless and Butler sinking in the Big east. Will not really matter because they conference strength of schedule is fantastic but what was touted as a incredibly tough non con has not turned out that way.

Despite the turmoil and an eight game losing streak to MSU somehow WI beats MSU.
This is just typical Wisconsin. Good coaching and defense will always keep them competitive no matter what their roster looks like. When you want to write them off, they win games they aren't expected to.

Sadly, I think Wisconsin sweeps the Gophers this year. Hope I am wrong.

This is just typical Wisconsin. Good coaching and defense will always keep them competitive no matter what their roster looks like. When you want to write them off, they win games they aren't expected to.

Sadly, I think Wisconsin sweeps the Gophers this year. Hope I am wrong.
And, most of the guys they recruit can shoot (Happ was an exception). They seem to value shooting ability over athleticism. We seem to value the opposite. I wish we would swing more toward shooters, as our plan hasn’t been working so well lately.

The Depaul and Butler losses won't help our NET thats forsure
Butler is 12 in the NET right now. The loss to Providence and the road loss to Depaul are the only weaker losses for a 17-5 team. The sky is not falling for them. Ok State looks bad from NET rankings right now

Top Bottom