All Things 2019-2020 Other College Basketball Games Thread

Good day for the Gophers! The following bubble (or near bubble teams) all lost today...

Memphis
BYU
NC State
Texas Tech
Richmond
Georgia
Virginia Tech
Liberty
Michigan

The NC State, BYU, and Liberty losses are HUGE. Those loses will knock all 3 of them off the immediate bubble.

Crazy ending to the Maryland-Indiana game. Indiana came back from 14 down in the first half and was leading by double digits in the second. Up 76-72 with under a minute left and then Maryland came back to win 77-76.

Looked like IU would get the W but Smith n Cowan stepped up in the last few minutes. Smith was doing a lot of trash talking.

Wisc at Iowa.

9 of 10 players on the floor right now are white.

Oh, oh. Davison controversy.
Saw that. Dirty af. For those who didn't see or aren't watching, Iowa player set a screen on Davison and as Davison was curling around he intentionally grabbed the inside of the leg of the screener and tried to pry his left leg out from under him.

Davison is bad for basketball. Glad he keeps getting exposed with the new rules.

That trick was shown clearly on one camera angle. He also flopped after pulling the guy’s leg out. What an idiot. I wonder if he gave the nuts a little squeeze as well to add some pain to the equation. What will this guy come up with next?

That trick was shown clearly on one camera angle. He also flopped after pulling the guy’s leg out. What an idiot. I wonder if he gave the nuts a little squeeze as well to add some pain to the equation. What will this guy come up with next?
Exactly. This is a new dimension of hook and hold.

Admittedly I don't think I ever saw Davison play in high school other than streaming a few games, but seeing how many cheap shots he's been caught for in college makes me wonder: Was this an issue for him in HS too? Anyone who watched him regularly in HS have an idea?

Admittedly I don't think I ever saw Davison play in high school other than streaming a few games, but seeing how many cheap shots he's been caught for in college makes me wonder: Was this an issue for him in HS too? Anyone who watched him regularly in HS have an idea?

I probably saw him play a half dozen games over his Jr and Sr years and all he did was cry. I did not, however, see him do anything blatantly dirty. It's probably just his solution to being completely over-matched at the collegiate level.

Silence from Badger Built. Badgers do nothing to this tool. Should be kicked off the team for his REPEATED incidents of attempting to injure.

Silence from Badger Built. Badgers do nothing to this tool. Should be kicked off the team for his REPEATED incidents of attempting to injure.

To be fair, I believe Built did respond on another thread that it was a dirty play.

Gard's press conference response was lame, though. Something like, "The ref said he grabbed him..." There was no affirmation by Gard that Davison took a shot at another player. For the good of their program, he ought to call the kid out and suspend him for the February 5 game, though.

I probably saw him play a half dozen games over his Jr and Sr years and all he did was cry. I did not, however, see him do anything blatantly dirty. It's probably just his solution to being completely over-matched at the collegiate level.

This is my recollection as well, he was a baby but I don't remember seeing him do anything dirty. One game against Tre Jones and Apple Valley sticks out in my memory where Tre was just dominating Brad and all Davison could do was complain to the refs. Tre just put his head down and kept beating Davison on every possession and didn't complain all game.

To be fair, I believe Built did respond on another thread that it was a dirty play.

Gard's press conference response was lame, though. Something like, "The ref said he grabbed him..." There was no affirmation by Gard that Davison took a shot at another player. For the good of their program, he ought to call the kid out and suspend him for the February 5 game, though.
Good for badger.

Badger should be calling out Gard, one of his favorite coaches, to take action. In fact, badger should have called him out long, long ago when the repeated behavior was apparent.

NOTHING from GREG.

I agree. To be fair, Gard stumbled a lot as if it was difficult for him to find the right words for the wrong play.

Way he's been playing, Badger fans might welcome a suspension as well.

I agree. To be fair, Gard stumbled a lot as if it was difficult for him to find the right words for the wrong play.

I agree. Gard had a lot going on and to ask him to announce a suspension in the heat of blowing a 12 point lead with five minutes to go is asking a lot. He does have time to look it over and get back with those who have questions, though.

Who’s ready to watch FSU beat the brakes off Virginia? ?

A few good bubble things happening. VT is getting smoked by Miami. UVa is currently down and Tennessee lost to A&M.

A few good bubble things happening. VT is getting smoked by Miami. UVa is currently down and Tennessee lost to A&M.

Looks like UVa pulled it out, but Florida collapsed at home against Mich State

You really hate the National Champs. Must really bug you they won it all. Will not be the last one either.
Where did he post he hated the bat champs? Don’t speak for anyone.

Your love and support of Tony and Virginia is noted. Again. And again. While you remain silent on your other top program and coach.

Top Bottom