2023-24 College Football Transfer Portal Thread

Sam Jackson, an extremely athletic HS QB who PJ offered as a WR, committed to the Gophers, but then decommitted and flipped to Purdue, who took him as a QB. Didn’t work at Purdue, so Jackson transferred to play QB at TCU. Didn’t work at TCU, so Jackson transferred to Cal as a QB. Must not have worked at Cal, because Jackson is in the portal yet again. Too bad, in a way, because this kid appeared to have incredible upside as a WR, but was fixated on being a QB.

Nebraska quarterback Jeff Sims has officially entered his name in the transfer portal. Sims spent the 2023 season at Nebraska after three years at Georgia Tech, from 2020-22.

Malachi Nelson enters the portal. Nelson was the #1 overall 2023 recruit, had the coveted spot with Lincoln Riley and USC, and was the presumptive 2024 starter at QB

None of this matters. He’s never thrown a meaningful college pass but he’s transferring.

Make it stop. Please.

Sam Jackson, an extremely athletic HS QB who PJ offered as a WR, committed to the Gophers, but then decommitted and flipped to Purdue, who took him as a QB. Didn’t work at Purdue, so Jackson transferred to play QB at TCU. Didn’t work at TCU, so Jackson transferred to Cal as a QB. Must not have worked at Cal, because Jackson is in the portal yet again. Too bad, in a way, because this kid appeared to have incredible upside as a WR, but was fixated on being a QB.
Cases like this are sad when you see a player just not willing to accept reality and understand they are not good enough to play QB at the power 4/5 level.

Needs to drop down in class if he is that desperate to play QB.

What next Goldie Announces he's in the portal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-085421_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-085421_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 6

Malachi Nelson enters the portal. Nelson was the #1 overall 2023 recruit, had the coveted spot with Lincoln Riley and USC, and was the presumptive 2024 starter at QB

None of this matters. He’s never thrown a meaningful college pass but he’s transferring.

Make it stop. Please.
I don't think this is the case.

USC has been big in the market for a portal QB who would most likely be starting (Will Howard). Nelson was also running with the 3rd strings all season behind Miller Moss. It also sounds like Julien Lewis will reclassify, so the window for Nelson was collapsing.

Maybe Fleck hired Todd Bates as our new DC. He was the Sooners Associate Head Coach / Co-Defensive Coordinator / Run Defense / Defensive Tackles coach.
Interesting thought, and I’d love to get Gilliam. Having said that, Oklahoma hasn’t exactly been the poster child for good defenses.

Oklahoma DT. Longshot but he’d be a great get.

According to his twitter, has offers from VA Tech, Memphis, Liberty, Michigan St, Indiana, Utah St, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

We wouldn't probably even be in the bidding for this guy. He will be at Notre Dame, Ohio State or Michigan, Louisville, a school that can pay some serious dough.
Putting Louisville on there with ND, OSU and Michigan is a very funny addition. And for what it's worth, this kid is off to College Station, his hometown, after visiting with the coach this week.

Cases like this are sad when you see a player just not willing to accept reality and understand they are not good enough to play QB at the power 4/5 level.

Needs to drop down in class if he is that desperate to play QB.
On the other hand, when his football playing days are over, he could probably get a job with a travel agency.

I’m more worried that he won’t get his college degree at this point, than whether or not he lives up to his QB potential.

There is about a half dozen players on BG I'd like in a Gophers uniform. Don't ask me for names. Any way we do need to have more success in getting some good players from the portal.

When Darius Taylor III enter? To good of performance not to attract attention.
Probably never, as his name Is Darius Taylor II, right?

He would have attracted attention after being named B10 Freshman of the week three times, honorable mention All-B10 and the 29th ranked RB in his class.

Your posts are either the boring bit of a troll or you’re just in negative mode full tilt boogie; cool those are your choices. I’ll exercise my free and ignore this tripe moving forward.

“Most people are as happy as they make their minds up to be,” Will Rodgers.

Ciao✋

Putting Louisville on there with ND, OSU and Michigan is a very funny addition. And for what it's worth, this kid is off to College Station, his hometown, after visiting with the coach this week.
Oh. My bad.

I figured he'd want to transfer to a team that has a chance to win something. Not just the biggest payday.

I'd like to see the Gopher nab a solid wide receiver. Like a potential 3.5 star guy.

With all the QB's playing in bowls that have never started due to the starter in the portal, it had me thinking. The number of top QB's in the 2021 (would be JR this year with no redshirt) and 2022 (So) that have transferred at least once is absolutely astounding. The idea of getting one of these kids would be exciting (looking at you, Nebraska), but the numbers indicate they are unlikely to either pan out and/or stick around. tOSU signs 2 of the top 8 QB's in 2021 and gets one season out of one of them. Crazy.

In the 2021 class, 10 of the top 13 QB's has transferred. In the 2022 class, 7 of 13 have transferred, with 3 of the 6 remaining getting significant playing time, which means the other 3 are likely transfer candidates after bowl season is complete.

2021 QB Class (highlighted means they've transferred, picked top 13 only because that's what fit on my screen for a screen shot):
Capture21.JPG

2022 QB Class (highlighted means they've already transferred, check mark means they've stayed and gotten playing time, X means they've stayed but haven't gotten much playing time):
Capture22.JPG

Top Bottom