2023-24 College Football Transfer Portal Thread

That was me and he was honorable mention all Big Ten last year and still not very good. Eastern and Baugh were good players more than decent. We didn’t miss his big fat ass one bit. Wright, Bishop, Dixon, Booker. We missed them a lot.
We all know that with our QB play this past year Wright would have been a pissy little brat. It was best he moved on.

Current 247 Portal for Big Ten.
* In Playoff
Michigan 1*
Washington 1*

Penn State 2
Nebraska 3
Northwestern 4
Maryland 5
Iowa 6
Oregon 6
UCLA 7
Minnesota 8
Illinois 8
Wisconsin 8
Rutgers 9
USC 9
Michigan St. 14
tOSU 14
Purdue 19
Indiana 25

Area programs
Kansas State 14
Iowa State 13
Kansas 2
Missouri 8

Take out Mich and and Washington B1G current average is 9.

PJ offered another QB!

Logan Fife from Fresno State
This had to be coming. Have to have at least 4 QB’s on the roster if not 5. Hawaii’s Brendan Schager(sp?) looked interesting to me but he’s probably looking for a starting job. Fife has some experience and looks like a decent backup option to Brosmer while Lindsey marinates.

FWIW - The Action Network website has a Bowl Game tracker. for every team playing in a bowl game, they list all of the players on that team who have entered the portal. they also list significant injuries and players opting out of bowl games to prepare for the NFL.

for the 82 teams in a bowl, it's a pretty good resource to track who may or may not be available to play in the bowl game.

also FWIW - they list Tyler Nubin as a "potential" opt-out for the bowl game. if he has announced anything, I haven't seen it.

Indiana Wide Receiver Donaven McCulley Enters Transfer Portal​

I'm sure it's a long shot but this guy would be a nice addition.

Current 247 Portal for Big Ten.
* In Playoff
Michigan 1*
Washington 1*

Penn State 2
Nebraska 3
Northwestern 4
Maryland 5
Iowa 6
Oregon 6
UCLA 7
Minnesota 8
Illinois 8
Wisconsin 8
Rutgers 9
USC 9
Michigan St. 14
tOSU 14
Purdue 19
Indiana 25

Area programs
Kansas State 14
Iowa State 13
Kansas 2
Missouri 8

Take out Mich and and Washington B1G current average is 9.
I have to think Washington and Michigan transfers will increase after the CFP games.

If anyone has the Athletic, read the article about this situation. He has recommitted to Wisconsin and dropped his "agents". The article exposed these "agents" as frauds in the nicest way possible. It also gave some info I was surprised to hear. It details his initial visit and how well they treat these players. NIL gets paid out through their NIL based on production or that's how I read it. More opportunities as your play determines it. Wisconsin players stated pay for play isn't a thing there, nor is tying a starting spot to a transfer a thing. It sure seemed like that was the case earlier this year when one of their starting WR last year transferred because of the ex-USC WR getting more playing time with minimal production.

Either way, the Athletic has great coverage for Wisconsin with Jesse Temple. Would be cool if the Gophers had someone half as good.

If anyone has the Athletic, read the article about this situation. He has recommitted to Wisconsin and dropped his "agents". The article exposed these "agents" as frauds in the nicest way possible. It also gave some info I was surprised to hear. It details his initial visit and how well they treat these players. NIL gets paid out through their NIL based on production or that's how I read it. More opportunities as your play determines it. Wisconsin players stated pay for play isn't a thing there, nor is tying a starting spot to a transfer a thing. It sure seemed like that was the case earlier this year when one of their starting WR last year transferred because of the ex-USC WR getting more playing time with minimal production.

Either way, the Athletic has great coverage for Wisconsin with Jesse Temple. Would be cool if the Gophers had someone half as good.
That is crazy. And agree great coverage.

It’s crazy to me that they’re taking him to the bowl game. The season isn’t even over … the season where he played for Syracuse.

Doesn’t feel like that should be allowed. But In not accusing Wisc of doing anything that everyone else probably does.

Transfer portal fun facts: Indiana football has had the following outgoing transfers (per 247):
2022: 34 (wow)
2023: 23 (and 23 inbound as well, symmetry across the board)
2024: 26 (thru 12/9/23–still a month to go)
And we think the Gophers have portal action. Indiana is living in portal land.

And now for tOSU

This list of 12 Ohio State transfers is just a case of competition pushing players to the portal that won't be starters, except MAYBE in the case of Kyle McCord and even he is leaving because he knows his starting spot is in jeopardy.

Julian Fleming is a senior, 5-star receiver that had trouble getting on the field because Ohio State is in a league of their own at recruiting receivers. He needs to maximize his playing time if he wants any chance at still going pro. OSU is bringing in the #1 overall prospect in 2024, a receiver that will probably start as a true freshman, and has several other super talented receivers on the roster or coming in.

Ohio State is not losing starters, they are losing depth. A lot of those players transfer to 2nd tier programs, those usually ranked from about 5 to 20. This helps bring the second tier of college programs up closer to their level. Unfortunately, the Gophers are more in the third tier usually with rankings anywhere from 20 to 50. If we can rather consistently ever get even into the top 20 to 30 range, maybe we can start getting some of these guys.

Looks like Prime has 4 transfers on the OL lined up and a 5* HS OL. He’s going to get kids. It will be interesting to see how it translates.

Transfers from UTEP, UCONN, Indiana and Houston

Top Bottom