2023-24 College Football Transfer Portal Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This seems to start earlier and earlier in today's climate:

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!
Ha....I actually had to look to see if this was a joke....but Petras is in fact on the Iowa roster still and is going into the portal. Can't imagine he will be a hot commodity considering he can't beat out Hill.

As for the portal starting earlier and earlier....coaches are starting to get canned so I guess it makes sense....although the Florida tackle is a little surprising.

It will be interesting to see who bolts WI at the end of the year. Players were really lighting a dumpster fire with quotes after the loss on Saturday. Some even took shots at the other side of the ball. Top that with only having commitments from 2 of the top 16 in-state recruits we'll see how that all pans out.

Former MPLS. North product and Juco Transfer.

When a player announces before the season is over to transfer, I can't imagine what its like in the locker room as to "quitting" on the team, or perhaps someone else should take that person's place in preparation for the following year. I've forgotten the definition of the word commitment and loyalty.

When a player announces before the season is over to transfer, I can't imagine what its like in the locker room as to "quitting" on the team, or perhaps someone else should take that person's place in preparation for the following year. I've forgotten the definition of the word commitment and loyalty.
Society is just different. More about individuals and less about team. And people are ok with that. Kids move AAU teams, kids move schools, kids move dance studios. People are in jobs for less time and move to their better situation. Commitment and loyalty just aren't what they used to be.

Bumping this thread too, time to fill it up as portal fills up.

Our buddy Hank is available again

Go Gophers!!

This could be a very interesting year. I wonder who the Gophers are targeting. I can see players who want playing time coming.

Why? He would be the straw that stirs the drink in a run first offense in one of the two premiere football conferences. They will find some $ to keep him.
He seems to be injury prone. So not sure I'd spend a lot of $$ on him until he proves his durability.

I wonder what Illinois had to fork out to get their veteran Jason Paddock who came in on 4th and 10 vs the Gophers and never looked back. I think Minnesota has to be resourceful and consider MAC or lower conference guys that are accurate and make good decisions. Somebody like this App State Junior QB who put up amazing numbers this year

Last edited:

I wonder what Illinois had to fork out to get their veteran Jason Paddock who came in on 4th and 10 vs the Gophers and never looked back. I think Minnesota has to be resourceful and consider MAC or lower conference guys that are accurate and make good decisions. Somebody like this App State Junior QB who put up amazing numbers this year
They’ve always been resourceful with those type of guys in the past at other positions.

I wonder if there is any validity here.

We very well might be able to get a QB like this. A fair number of decent or better NFL QBs played at FCS schools. He's also used to playing in a northern climate so maybe he's more likely to consider us than some other prospects.

According to 247, he only hit the portal two days ago so it's nice to see that we are focused on getting a QB and not wasting any time in going after one.

Top Bottom