2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

I think I read he has a 10 million dollar buyout this year. Drops to 3.5 million or something next year. Indiana is crazy if they pay that kind of buyout
Yea, I don’t see how they pay that buyout plus whatever they’d need to pay a new coach. And it would be odd to pay a $10M buyout and then go cheap on the new hire. It’d need to be a big name to do that. (And to use Pitino’s words: Brad Stevens isn’t walking through that door.)

Plus they just gave the FB coach a pretty significant raise

So if Indiana loses to Rutgers is Miller definitely out and they move ahead of us in search for coach rankings?

I don’t see Indiana’s next hire being anyone we’re considering. They’ll go with someone who’s done well at the P6 level. I’m sure they’d test Chris Beard’s loyalty to Texas Tech or Drew’s to Baylor

Utah state and Colorado st back to back tonight

Utah state and Colorado st back to back tonight
OD-ing on BB today. All these college games...and my niece did get her thousandth point this evening. Scored 13 and sits at 1,011 heading into the last postseason of her HS career. All you other parents and aunts and uncles out there: enjoy it, because it goes fast.

Really impressive 2nd half here by Utah St. Love they way they're playing. Very connected.

Really impressive 2nd half here by Utah St. Love they way they're playing. Very connected.

Their half court sets are so clean. Tons of player and ball movement while active and vocal on defense. Even when they're in a funk in a game, the effort is there and heads don't drop. Short rotation but very connected group

I really like the Rutgers team and it's been fun seeing them improve over the last four years. How long ago was it that the Gophers were winless in conference and maybe so was Rutgers? Anyway will be pulling for them going forward as they have a nice balance on offense and they play good defense.

The Utah State / Colorado State game isn't until 11 o'clock tonight. 💀

Does anyone know if the Hoyas won? Listen to the call to get the humor reference.

Virginia-Georgia Tech canceled due to a positive COVID test in Virginia’s program. Hopefully doesn’t effect their eligibility for the NCAA tournament

Villanova not doing well since their injuries to starters.......

I tried to watch the 10:30 CSU game last night, and the last thing I remember was the 8:00 timeout in the first half. I woke up hours later.

I stayed up for it, but I'm also out here in Colorado. They looked pretty solid. Definitely better ball movement than we are used to. Fresno State had a couple large guys and also had a couple good outside shooters. CSU was the better team and wore them down as the 2nd half went on, eventually winning by 10. Medved had a postgame interview and I didn't realize how Minnesotan he sounds; definitely got the accent going. I'll be interested to see how the Utah St/CSU game goes tonight.

Watching Co St looks a lot like watching the Gophers. Lots of standing around. 1 on 1 play. Give me Smith and Utah State’s game and style of play over Medved. Initially, was in Camp Medved, but not impressed.
If true, that is disappointing. Agree that I would prefer a completely different "system" or "strategy" than whatever it was that Pitino thought he was doing.

Granted, the two go head to head (very late) tonight.

The other two MWC quarter finals were also interesting.

Wyoming clearly came to play. Crushed their first round game, and gave #1 seed San Diego St all they could handle. SDSU wins by 3.

And they go on to face Nevada, who beat Boise. Very disappointing end to what seemed like a great season for Boise. I think I had seen that they were on the bubble to make the tournament, but probably needed to win that game at least.

I stayed up for it, but I'm also out here in Colorado. They looked pretty solid. Definitely better ball movement than we are used to. Fresno State had a couple large guys and also had a couple good outside shooters. CSU was the better team and wore them down as the 2nd half went on, eventually winning by 10. Medved had a postgame interview and I didn't realize how Minnesotan he sounds; definitely got the accent going. I'll be interested to see how the Utah St/CSU game goes tonight.
Ok. Well that sounds a lot better than what Tvans022 is claiming in post #942.

In order of B1G coaches I'd fight Howard is probably the last one. Maybe the Illinois coach. He is a fucking psycho.

Top Bottom