Zach Evans to Enter the Portal

Can we bring back Morgan too?
Believe it or not, yes. He is able to play in 100 career games so plenty of eligibility left. He got a "super waiver" from the NCAA. Its new. And not reported on.

Taylor is still re-tweeting posts for Dinkytown Athletes. It seems like he's staying for now.
Makes you wonder if PJ had the dilemma of a fixed amount of NIL dollars and they put it on Taylor...thus causing Evans to leave.

With WIlliams leaving and now Evans, hoping Taylor stays. Would be nice to have the pair and spare still, especially given the injuries this year down to RB #5. It is good to have a couple capable backs so we aren't running them 30-40 times per game.

Fleck has had a few talented players who have trouble getting playing time. What is the non on field performance issue for these guys? Evans, Wright come to mind.

Maybe it's because he was a Red-Shirt freshman who was 5-6 on the depth chart. Nothing going on, others were just better.

Portal has skewed the system and people think if you're not on the field in year 1-2, something is wrong. Unfortunately the players think the same way and transfer.

1. Taylor
2. Nubin
and 2-3 freshmen coming in. RB Room is fine if Taylor stays.
Nubin is not a B1G caliber RB.

Maybe it's because he was a Red-Shirt freshman who was 5-6 on the depth chart. Nothing going on, others were just better.

Portal has skewed the system and people think if you're not on the field in year 1-2, something is wrong. Unfortunately the players think the same way and transfer.

1. Taylor
2. Nubin
and 2-3 freshmen coming in. RB Room is fine if Taylor stays.
RB is a position the Gophs must hit the portal for, but for a 1.B player who would share with Taylor--who must be 1.A if he is to stay. I'd look for a grad transfer RB who can add maturity, mentoring, several carries a game, injury- depth, maybe some speed, etc. I like the freshman RBs. Bigger, stronger types. Hopefully durable.

Taylor is still re-tweeting posts for Dinkytown Athletes. It seems like he's staying for now.
Gotta think the guys doing well in the NIL area are staying and others are moving on if they think they can get value elsewhere.

im not all. i actually called this, very easy to see. fleck was forced into playing him . very good talent we once again are loosing because of crap coaching decisions.
I’m a little surprised by this one. But maybe this is another sign that Taylor will stick around.

im not all. i actually called this, very easy to see. fleck was forced into playing him . very good talent we once again are loosing because of crap coaching decisions.
Do you know why he wasn't playing?

@MaxyJR1 you really think going into Nebraska game that Sean Tyler and Bryce Williams were better than Evans?

Come on …

It's gonna hurt when Taylor hits the road too
After the entire RB room leaves for one reason or the other he’s a low-key Heisman candidate here next year on volume alone. He ought to stay.

There can’t be that much money for an injured freshman who had 3 good games against bad defenses. Heck Saquon Barkley can barely get a check for running the ball these days.

Why did he have 3 RB's committed if he had all this very good talent? Only one ball to go around so he will continue to recruit, sign and lose guys based on playing time.

@MaxyJR1 you really think going into Nebraska game that Sean Tyler and Bryce Williams were better than Evans?

Come on …
Week 1? Probably, but he was also behind Taylor. Fleck is slow to play young guys but there are many moving parts. Pass protection for a happy feet QB. Seeing what happened on defense isn't going to help get freshmen on the field sooner. There are only so many reps available in practice leading up to games and the 4-6 guys likely aren't getting many, if any.

Come on …

IT's very possible. Tyler had twice rushed for over 1000 yards at the FBS level and Williams is an established back that can pick up a blitz. Zach Evans has never rushed for over 100 yards a game and has only eclipsed 50 yards once.

I'm disappointed he's leaving but there are WAY too many people on this board that think he's up there with Mo.

Top Bottom