Week 4 Other Games Thread

Well, without watching or reading anything about it and just looking at the final score -- a solid win on the road in the Big Ten:

either Purdue is considerably worse this year or Wisc is not to be written off as West contender.
Both can be true.

Both can be true.
Both are true.
Purdue is below average. And because Purdue has a gauntlet schedule I think they’re maybe a 3-9 type team. I would predict 4-8.

Wisconsin is a pretty average team. But a pretty average team might be best in the west. I don’t think there is a top 30 team in the west this year.
Maryland, Michigan state, and Rutgers could play spoilers in the big ten west.
Indiana is the only east team that I think will go 0-3 in crossovers. I think the others all trip at least one team up.

If you assume the big 3 all win out except for games vs each other and assume all divisional games are 50/50

Current most likely to win division in my mind.

1- Iowa - 0 losses + one game vs big 3
1- Wisconsin - 0 losses + one game vs big 3
1 - Illinois - 1 loss + 0 games vs big 3
2- Minnesota - 0 losses + 2 games vs big 3
2- Northwestern - 1 loss + 1 game vs big 3
3 - Nebraska - 1 loss + 1 game vs big 3 + tiebreak loss vs Minnesota
4-Purdue - 2 losses + 2 games vs big 3 + tiebreak loss vs Wisconsin

I know the way I think the intra divisional games will go.
So I’m saying
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois
Nebraska
Purdue
Northwestern
This Rutgers team can absolutely beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

This Rutgers team can absolutely beat Iowa and Wisconsin.

Definitely. Highly unlikely that they are favored....but this isn't the kicking can team that we've seen the past decade.

I wasn’t able to watch the Purdue—Wisconsin game. From the GH comments, it seems as though the Badgers steamrolled a hapless Purdue team. However, the offensive stats look totally even: First downs, 20(W)/23(P); total yards 388(W)/396(P); rushing yards 195(W)/194(P); passing yards 193(W)/202(P); average yards per play 5.5(W)/5.7(P); penalties 11 for 70 (W)/7 for 73 (P).

Possible differences: turnovers—WI 2 INTs and a fumble recovery vs. 1 INT for Purdue; KO returns—WI had 2 for 75 yards; Punting—WI had 2 for a net 54.5 yards, Purdue had 3 for a net 34.3 yards.

So, from the stats, it appears WI won because it (1) played more opportunistic defense and (2) had excellent field-position-shifting special teams play. Does this read line up with what viewers actually saw in the game? Or was WI simply dominant in all phases?

I wasn’t able to watch the Purdue—Wisconsin game. From the GH comments, it seems as though the Badgers steamrolled a hapless Purdue team. However, the offensive stats look totally even: First downs, 20(W)/23(P); total yards 388(W)/396(P); rushing yards 195(W)/194(P); passing yards 193(W)/202(P); average yards per play 5.5(W)/5.7(P); penalties 11 for 70 (W)/7 for 73 (P).

Possible differences: turnovers—WI 2 INTs and a fumble recovery vs. 1 INT for Purdue; KO returns—WI had 2 for 75 yards; Punting—WI had 2 for a net 54.5 yards, Purdue had 3 for a net 34.3 yards.

So, from the stats, it appears WI won because it (1) played more opportunistic defense and (2) had excellent field-position-shifting special teams play. Does this read line up with what viewers actually saw in the game? Or was WI simply dominant in all phases?
I would call it a sloppy game where Wisconsin did fewer stupid things and the stupid things they did were at less painful times than the stupid things that Purdue did.

What a ridiculous play call by Rutgers on 4 & 2 🤦‍♂️

They in no way dominated that game. Turnovers
And horrible special teams killed Purdue and made the margin look worse than it was. That said, Wisconsin was the better team, but not 3 TDs better

FSU in major danger at Clemson.

Edit: FFS Klubnik. Get a clock in your head

Him leaving was a head scratcher. He would have gotten plenty of playing time this year.

Looks like he got injured
Sounded like he didn’t like how he was used on defense. Maybe should have trusted the coaches who are cranking out NFL draft picks.

I haven’t watched any Purdue but looks like they’re still pretty good offensively, but still are weak on defense despite hiring a defensive mind to replace Brohm.

Dabo brings top talent in every year. Forgets about getting a decent kicker. Makes me laugh when top teams do this.

Dabo brings top talent in every year. Forgets about getting a decent kicker. Makes me laugh when top teams do this.
I am pretty sure they have one of the top freshmen kickers in the country but he has the yips

Top Bottom