Week 4 Other Games Thread

Annnnnd... Wisconsin gets the personal foul when there's no good reason to foul.

Have to say Mordecai looks pretty good, better than I expected. I’ll eat my crow. Luckily the Sconnie defense looks nothing like a Sconnie defense

Funny that Wisconsin is getting all the 50/50 calls in West Lafayette.....even with Purdue trailing by multiple possessions.

Have to say Mordecai looks pretty good, better than I expected. I’ll eat my crow. Luckily the Sconnie defense looks nothing like a Sconnie defense
Purdue sold out to stop the run in the second half and he did nothing. Unsure if it’s their receivers or him, but their passing attack looks average at best

I mean I guess you can see a case where going for 2 there makes sense but using the trick play in a game that is well in hand just feels dumb to me.....that was a really well designed play but those 2 points were meaningless.

That's what everybody in every tavern in Wisconsin is saying.

Mordecai looks ok but he puts the ball up for grabs a lot. Upgrade over what they were getting last year but not a massive upgrade.

But yeah their D is nothing special. Big step down from what they have been in recent years.

Purdue sold out to stop the run in the second half and he did nothing. Unsure if it’s their receivers or him, but their passing attack looks average at best

Just saying he looks better than I expected. Expectations were low. He’s been making some plays with arm and legs.

I see Fickell has T.E.A.M. on his sweater vest (or whatever it is).

Is that a slogan? I thought Fleck was the only guy with slogans.

He hasn’t had to do much to be honest. Lots of short passes. His yards per completion is really low so far. Not a lot of air in the air raid so far.

I mean I guess you can see a case where going for 2 there makes sense but using the trick play in a game that is well in hand just feels dumb to me.....that was a really well designed play but those 2 points were meaningless.

That is the "That's what the card says" defense, in a nutshell.

Wow, Troy Calhoun doppelgänger Peyton Manning. Thought Peyton had aged badly.

He hasn’t had to do much to be honest. Lots of short passes. His yards per completion is really low so far. Not a lot of air in the air raid so far.

I thought he would have more turnovers. He hasn’t hurt the Badgers nearly as much as I hoped. It‘s still early in the season and better defenses ahead.

Purdue can jump on the Wisconsin hating bandwagon. Plenty of room.

If Kailiakmanis can play like I think he's capable of playing (and like he showed against Wisconsin last year) we can win the West this year.

Just be Athan, Athan! Be you, man. That's easily good enough.

That is the "That's what the card says" defense, in a nutshell.
To be clear.....the going for 2 part doesn't really bug me in that situation. I just don't know why you would run that particular 2pt play in a game that was well in hand. That was a really well designed play....save it for a high leverage situation where you really need it, not a game you are winning by 19 late in the 4th.

To be clear.....the going for 2 part doesn't really bug me in that situation. I just don't know why you would run that particular 2pt play in a game that was well in hand. That was a really well designed play....save it for a high leverage situation where you really need it, not a game you are winning by 19 late in the 4th.

Maybe.

I think it's Fickell playing to the pollsters. After Wazzu handed them their asses, he wants to wipe egg off his face and show what a genius he is.

But then... I hate Wisconsin. So maybe it's just me, venting.

Wisconsin ran that exact same 2 pt play earlier in the game and almost had a touchdown. Kind of shocked they ran it again with less coverage from the defense.

Hank Bachmeier and Decoldest play against Neb tomorrow! Let’s go!

From what I saw Wisconsin’s defense is not that good—very beatable

If you ever want to see how to play grossly undisciplined football and cost yourself a game, watch the end of NCSt and Virginia. Yeesh
Seems strange that Virginia is never very good at football. Super consistently mediocre.

Top Bottom