The NCAA has opened an investigation into No. 2 Michigan over possible rule-breaking around in-person scouting of opponents

^^ everyone does it

Michigan got caught because Ohio State paid for a private investigator and then paid off a media outlet to publish the story.

I don't think everyone does it. Otherwise, opponents wouldn't be protesting so heavily fully knowing they could be exposed in the same way.

According to Yahoo Sports, the NCAA notified the Big Ten on Monday that there are no known connections between Ohio State head coach Ryan Day or his family and the conference's investigation into Michigan.

Last week, it had been reported that Day's family was linked to the investigation of Michigan's sign-stealing scandal as one of Day's brothers runs a private investigative firm in their hometown of Manchester, N.H.

Per Yahoo Sports, Day and his family had received threats as a result of the story.

So the NCAA says no connection between Ryan Day's brother's PI firm and the investigation. Note the last line - Day's family receiving threats due to what now appears to be a bogus story.

Let's see what the Michigan defenders come up with next.

That doesn’t disprove in the slightest that it was Ohio State behind it.

Baaaaaaa

According to Yahoo Sports, the NCAA notified the Big Ten on Monday that there are no known connections between Ohio State head coach Ryan Day or his family and the conference's investigation into Michigan.

Last week, it had been reported that Day's family was linked to the investigation of Michigan's sign-stealing scandal as one of Day's brothers runs a private investigative firm in their hometown of Manchester, N.H.

Per Yahoo Sports, Day and his family had received threats as a result of the story.

So the NCAA says no connection between Ryan Day's brother's PI firm and the investigation. Note the last line - Day's family receiving threats due to what now appears to be a bogus story.

Let's see what the Michigan defenders come up with next.

One of the more interesting things about this episode is how stridently Michigan leadership and students have circled the wagons despite some fairly significant material evidence. They didn’t (so far) dump gasoline on themselves and light up a smoke as the regime in Evanston did when spurious accusations from questionable characters arrived.

One of the more interesting things about this episode is how stridently Michigan leadership and students have circled the wagons despite some fairly significant material evidence. They didn’t (so far) dump gasoline on themselves and light up a smoke as the regime in Evanston did when spurious accusations from questionable characters arrived.

I think we all know what Minneapolis would do under similar circumstances. Disco inferno with considerable assistance from local media

My Michigan buddy tells me today that Michigan has hired a high-powered DC law firm for potential litigation, and like citizen soldiers running to join a battle for the soul of their country, UM law school alumni from around the country are offering their services pro bono to do whatever is necessary to make this go away.

Yep, they’re trying it out in bowl games just to make sure everyone in FBS can reasonably do it.

Of course they can.

Of course that should be how it is.

Makes this entire thing completely moot. Move on. No penalties, no one cares. Next news cycle please.
I certainly does not. scUM did things that were not allowed to gain an advantage in games. They should be punished for them.

Big difference in that Michigan is a national title contender and NW has been awful.

Offff courseeeeee they’re going to wait until after the massive TV ratings game tomorrow before any “decision” is made :ROFLMAO:

Offff courseeeeee they’re going to wait until after the massive TV ratings game tomorrow before any “decision” is made :ROFLMAO:

uh huh

So I guess Dan Patrick's reporting that it would be the Big 10 handing out punishment (as opposed to the NCAA) was more substantial than clickbait.

Last edited:

So I guess Dan Patrick's reporting that it would be the Big 10 handing out the punishment (as opposed to the NCAA) was more substantial than clickbait.
Now he will change his tune...try and shift the goalposts just like he did when Washington and Oregon made him look like an idiot under his other name!

So I guess Dan Patrick's reporting that it would be the Big 10 handing out the punishment (as opposed to the NCAA) was more substantial than clickbait.

And Patrick's prediction that it would be announced two days ago was more along the "clickbait" line.

So I guess Dan Patrick's reporting that it would be the Big 10 handing out punishment (as opposed to the NCAA) was more substantial than clickbait.
Today is a federal court holiday in Michigan (not sure why) the report I saw said Michigan had a way around and had a plan in place to get a TRO anyway. What are the odds thst the judge they seek the TRO from is a Meechagan Man? 1 billion %?

Kudos to the B10 for meriting out a penalty with some punch to it. Love that they did it on a Friday afternoon.

Hello Chicago Bears - he’s embarrassed that smug institution and he’s out of there.

Last edited:

Today is a federal court holiday in Michigan (not sure why) the report I saw said Michigan had a way around and had a plan in place to get a TRO anyway. What are the odds thst the judge they seek the TRO from is a Meechagan Man? 1 billion %?

Kudos to the B10 for meriting out a penalty with some punch to it. Love that they did it on a Friday afternoon.

Hello Chicago Bears - he’s embarrassed that smog institution and he’s out of there.
I could see the LA Chargers being a landing spot for Coach Khaki as well. He played there too, coached at U of San Diego.

Just saw on NFL alive that he had the highest QBR last week.

Saints gave up 70 yards to Bears QB last week, I smell another W.

Dobbs’ has projected 20.5 fantasy points - 11th most for QBs this week.

Wrong thread?

I admit I was wrong. I didn’t expect the B1G to take any action. Glad they did. Now will tomorrow’s game be affected without the big guy on the sideline? Now the biggest jerks coaching in the B1G won’t be able to shake hands. Who wins -- who cares?

I admit I was wrong. I didn’t expect the B1G to take any action. Glad they did. Now will tomorrow’s game be affected without the big guy on the sideline? Now the biggest jerks coaching in the B1G won’t be able to shake hands. Who wins -- who cares?
I am guessing the Washington Huskies (ranked #5) and Oregon Ducks (ranked #6) in the recent College Football Playoff Rankings care the most for the moment.

In the twitter and Big Ten world what happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Seems very likely the assistant coach violated the Big Ten's rules but doesn't there need to be some due process?
Michigan is saying other Big Ten schools shared reports in attempt to derail Michigan.
Harbaugh says he wasn't aware....it seems to me this is very much rushing to judgment because of the lynch mob mentality.
Not fair punishment to the players who had no participation whatsoever in anything knowingly.
Don't like Michigan or Harbaugh but it seems like a premature decision to penalize now and a wrong punishment for the situation.
The precedent has now been set...what outcry is the next one to be punished without any time for defense?

OK - so Harbaugh can coach the team all week, help develop the game plan, work with the players, etc.

He just can't stand on the sideline during the game. Is that really a big penalty?

the only real impact is that someone else has to make a few key decisions during the game - go for it on 4th down instead of punting, when to use time-outs, etc.

the assistant coaches have worked with Harbaugh. they probably have a very good idea of how he would handle those situations.

Yes, having the Head Coach not there in person on Game Day could have a psychological affect on the team - or it could make the players even more motivated to "Win for Jim."

So in my book, this 'suspension' is more symbolic.

(because I suspect the B1G is well aware that the NCAA is doing its own investigation and in the end, the NCAA may be swinging a much bigger stick in terms of punishment.)

In the twitter and Big Ten world what happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Seems very likely the assistant coach violated the Big Ten's rules but doesn't there need to be some due process?
Michigan is saying other Big Ten schools shared reports in attempt to derail Michigan.
Harbaugh says he wasn't aware....it seems to me this is very much rushing to judgment because of the lynch mob mentality.
Not fair punishment to the players who had no participation whatsoever in anything knowingly.
Don't like Michigan or Harbaugh but it seems like a premature decision to penalize now and a wrong punishment for the situation.
The precedent has now been set...what outcry is the next one to be punished without any time for defense?
Personally, if he was on Harbaugh's staff I don't give a rip whether he knew or not (ie "Lack of Institutional Control").

As for the players, they are all still eligible to play so I view them as being "punished". They also reaped the benefits of having the information.

Top Bottom