Sid: P.J. Fleck engineered historic Gophers turnaround; end of Claeys era "lowest points for any major college football program"

Not the same person. You are one paranoid person. Have you been taking your medication?
Sure Thing. 29/33 and counting. You share the same style and grammar capability as well. Amazing.

Holy Bleep.

It doesn't bleeping matter. Let it go.

Here are some facts:

Fleck is the Gophers head coach.

Fleck is not the primary play-caller on offense or defense.

that's it. No one - I mean no one - is claiming that Fleck doesn't know what's going on with the offense or defense. No one is claiming he doesn't have input.

but - the fact remains - he is not the primary play-caller on offense or defense. That is a factual statement. Having said that, it does not diminish any of his accomplishments as Gopher Coach.

Better go now. the Fleck Defender Beacon is blinking. Somewhere in the universe, someone said someone about Fleck that was not 100% complimentary. This slight against his character must be revenged.

This silly argument is still going on?

Thank you for helping me getting through the work day

PJ has never been a coordinator on either side of the ball AFAIK. By all accounts he has delegated game planning and most play calling to his coordinators. I’m at a loss why some are so upset PJF is not an “X’s and O’s” guy.

Would any power 5 hire him as a coordinator? There’s your answer. Perhaps a poll is in order.

Fleck is the CEO. He took over in one of the grimmest times in program history: sex assault, boycott, suspensions etc. If you dont believe it was grim, I dont think you really understood it.

But he has turned it around. It's on him. If we win, it's on him. If we lose, it's on him. The buck stops there. It's not on any coordinator, it's on fleck

One of Auburn's defensive players praised our offensive scheme and said something to the effect that he had never seen anyone in college football run some of the plays that we ran.

So I would imagine that someone on the staff is pretty good with X's and O's even without Ciarocca.
Simon? Patterson?

One of the redeeming qualities of Tim Brewster was that he wore a visor.

I really like visors.
I have to disagree. Unless you're Mike Gundy and have a wondrous mane flowing out behind, I think visors should stay with the LPGA.

One of Auburn's defensive players praised our offensive scheme and said something to the effect that he had never seen anyone in college football run some of the plays that we ran.

So I would imagine that someone on the staff is pretty good with X's and O's even without Ciarocca.
Yep, this was from one of the local newspapers or short video spot. Basically said the Gophers were doing things he'd NEVER seen in his career or experience...pee wee, all through school, college, and watching the pros...really meant as a high compliment to the coaching staff and the entire O's execution.

Progress.

Regardless of where the blame lies, keeping Claeys would have been a disaster for recruiting following what transpired at the end of 2016. Immediately bringing in a fresh face was the only way to stop the bleeding. That’s all I have to say on the matter. EDIT: One more thing...Winfield would have likely been gone.
Just wondering why this would be true, in your opinion. Not challenging that it would be true.

Only point I have to make: Claeys stuck his neck out to publicly support the players’ boycott. In fact that cost him the job.

I probably misunderstood what you meant. But it seems like you were saying players wouldn’t want to play for Claeys?? Why would that be true, after what he risked to support them?

Fleck is the CEO. He took over in one of the grimmest times in program history: sex assault, boycott, suspensions etc. If you dont believe it was grim, I dont think you really understood it.

But he has turned it around. It's on him. If we win, it's on him. If we lose, it's on him. The buck stops there. It's not on any coordinator, it's on fleck

Other than including alleged, pretty much nailed it. 2019 was a pretty special season.

Yep, this was from one of the local newspapers or short video spot. Basically said the Gophers were doing things he'd NEVER seen in his career or experience...pee wee, all through school, college, and watching the pros...really meant as a high compliment to the coaching staff and the entire O's execution.

Progress.
Senior Auburn safety Jeremiah Dinson simplified it: “They out-schemed us.”

“They ran some damn good plays,” he continued. “I’m talking about some plays that I hadn’t even seen while playing college football. And, you know, it hurts. It hurts, man. It always hurts when you lose. But, man, you’ve got to give your hats off for Minnesota.”

Senior Auburn safety Jeremiah Dinson simplified it: “They out-schemed us.”

“They ran some damn good plays,” he continued. “I’m talking about some plays that I hadn’t even seen while playing college football. And, you know, it hurts. It hurts, man. It always hurts when you lose. But, man, you’ve got to give your hats off for Minnesota.”

Minnesota, hats off to thee.

Just wondering why this would be true, in your opinion. Not challenging that it would be true.

Only point I have to make: Claeys stuck his neck out to publicly support the players’ boycott. In fact that cost him the job.

I probably misunderstood what you meant. But it seems like you were saying players wouldn’t want to play for Claeys?? Why would that be true, after what he risked to support them?
I think the players he currently had would want to stick around, minus Winfield Jr. (in hindsight, who knows how this season would have gone without him). But landing new recruits would be really tough. How many parents would be telling their kid to go somewhere less controversial/wrapped up in scandal and disarray? My guess is a good number of them. A lot of this is just what if’s, but I don’t think keeping Claeys would have bode well for us.

Holy Bleep.

It doesn't bleeping matter. Let it go.

Here are some facts:

Fleck is the Gophers head coach.

Fleck is not the primary play-caller on offense or defense.

that's it. No one - I mean no one - is claiming that Fleck doesn't know what's going on with the offense or defense. No one is claiming he doesn't have input.

but - the fact remains - he is not the primary play-caller on offense or defense. That is a factual statement. Having said that, it does not diminish any of his accomplishments as Gopher Coach.

Better go now. the Fleck Defender Beacon is blinking. Somewhere in the universe, someone said someone about Fleck that was not 100% complimentary. This slight against his character must be revenged.
By Grapthar’s hammer, I will avenge thee.
83C35B5C-188B-41B8-A470-C79259E0CB30.jpeg

I'm getting uncomfortable with this. Spoofin, I know you don't need anyone protecting you like a damsel in distress, but why are you getting bludgeoned like this? I don't get it.

This is so obvious I'm not even sure why it's being said?

Robert Paulson is now banned.

Dear Spoofin', I think you are great.

-Spaulding.

Robert Paulson is now banned.

Dear Spoofin', I think you are great.

-Spaulding.
HA. Not liking my posts doesn't get you banned. 13 'burner accounts' sending PMs like the ones he did does.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious the person only joined to follow spoofin around and argue/insult.

I can't even remember what this post is about, but I think I started reading it to see what silly thing Sid said.

PJ has never been a coordinator on either side of the ball AFAIK. By all accounts he has delegated game planning and most play calling to his coordinators. I’m at a loss why some are so upset PJF is not an “X’s and O’s” guy.

Would any power 5 hire him as a coordinator? There’s your answer. Perhaps a poll is in order.
You want to have a poll on whether or not something was said?

What a time to be alive in America

This is a Feb 2019 debate from GH that hadn’t had a mention until YOU raised it up out of the blue 11 months later. Yeah, you don’t care.

TDG article flat out says “fans have taken him at his word that he doesn’t know Xs & Os”. Yes it is satire about people who believe he doesn’t know them (NO ONE thinks that), but even you must know what “at his word” means.

You said in Feb 2019 that a few people on a message board wasn’t proof enough for you. It is a multi-person/multi-year conspiracy and even TDG is in on it. Good thing you don’t care.
If you really want to use an editorial by someone as a quote. Then sure. Good job proving someone else believes they heard what you heard

If you really want to use an editorial by someone as a quote. Then sure. Good job proving someone else believes they heard what you heard
I’m glad you still don’t care about this topic.

Top Bottom