Sid: P.J. Fleck engineered historic Gophers turnaround; end of Claeys era "lowest points for any major college football program"

You want to have a poll on whether or not something was said?

What a time to be alive in America

No, the poll would be whether PJF would be hired as a coordinator elsewhere.

Who knows, maybe? What PJF has already accomplished is pretty remarkable. Not many have gone from position coach straight to head coach to my knowledge but I’m sure someone will school me pretty quickly.

He'll always be a head coach in my opinion. I would think most would agree with me on that. PJ is pretty set in what he wants to accomplish and how to get there.

Lou Hotlz probably did a better job in turning around a program with NO institution support. Man, the president of the University apparently hated football.

Senior Auburn safety Jeremiah Dinson simplified it: “They out-schemed us.”

“They ran some damn good plays,” he continued. “I’m talking about some plays that I hadn’t even seen while playing college football. And, you know, it hurts. It hurts, man. It always hurts when you lose. But, man, you’ve got to give your hats off for Minnesota.”

He must have been the guy covering Witham. A TE catching a pass for Minnesota must have really thrown him for a loop.

My low point for the program in the last 50 years was losing to Wisconsin last year. I was really hoping to finally get back to the Rose Bowl.

No, the poll would be whether PJF would be hired as a coordinator elsewhere.

Who knows, maybe? What PJF has already accomplished is pretty remarkable. Not many have gone from position coach straight to head coach to my knowledge but I’m sure someone will school me pretty quickly.

Off the top of my head, in addition to PJ Fleck:

Tim Brewster
Kirk Ferentz
Pat Fitzgerald
Jon Embree
Ed Orgeron
Dabo Swinney
Jim Tomsula

There are no doubt many, many more. It happens quite a bit.

Off the top of my head, in addition to PJ Fleck:

Tim Brewster
Kirk Ferentz
Pat Fitzgerald
Jon Embree
Ed Orgeron
Dabo Swinney
Jim Tomsula

There are no doubt many, many more. It happens quite a bit.

Thank you. It illustrates that successful head coaches don’t always have to be proven coordinators. Would anyone accuse Urban Meyer of not being a nuts and bolts tactitian? Many proven coordinators fail as head coaches. Would many proven head coaches fail as coordinators? I suppose it depends. Different focus, Venn diagram overlapping responsibilities and competencies

Top Bottom