Settle down

Plus, you need to beat the weak teams so a loss to a good team doesn’t derail the season as badly. We need to beat the Illinois and Indianas because beating the Wisconsins and Iowas are tough and more likely a loss based on history. If you beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones you can still have a nice season, despite losing a couple rivalry games.
Stop, your too funny!

Mediocrity becomes acceptable when fans don’t demand more. I’m not saying we need to fire Fleck or become the Nebraska fan base but we can hold them accountable. It’s not acceptable to lose to BG and this Illinois team.
Coyle is lazy and doesn't want to go thru another coaching search. Hence, the extension.

Meanwhile, Fleck is laughing every time he cashes a payroll check. If this was criminal court, Fleck might be charged with grand larceny.

The play types are the same: the play selection is different balance because our wideouts suck

if you can’t see that, you’re blind
I don't think, Jackson, Brown Stephens, or even Wright suck, all are talented and can make tough plays. Our Oline pass blocks like a feedlot grain bucket full of S! and Tanner Morgans play sucked badly today and he was severely off. Until the scoring drive he had no urgency. On the final interception if he steps up and actually sets his feet Spann Ford was open over the top, yeah he was pressured, but he really panicked on the play. Morgans lack of urgency or composure contributed badly to the loss after the first pick, but I attribute this to the Oline and backs not picking up blitzers. To me Morgan dwelled on that first interception far to much, QB's get a lot of heat, but this dude is putting to much failure on his own shoulders. He is plenty good, when he is playing tempo and making quick throws. The OLine group was really not up to Big 10 standards today. The guys up front had a lot of penalties that stalled out drives. He plays well on the road than at home just seems like he goes in a shell of himself. Everyone will try to replicate what BG and Illinois did.

Last edited:

Mediocrity becomes acceptable when fans don’t demand more. I’m not saying we need to fire Fleck or become the Nebraska fan base but we can hold them accountable. It’s not acceptable to lose to BG and this Illinois team.
Agree. The staff is entirely responsible for the product and performance out there on the field, and fans have every right to be upset when a team lays not just one but two giant eggs at home over the course of a season. That's just incredibly dispiriting, and if we're ever going to truly contend in the West, the standards need to be much, much higher than that.

Agree. The staff is entirely responsible for the product and performance out there on the field, and fans have every right to be upset when a team lays not just one but two giant eggs at home over the course of a season. That's just incredibly dispiriting, and if we're ever going to truly contend in the West, the standards need to be much, much higher than that.
Well said here. Totally agree.

Don’t laugh but I was bummed that Sitkowski the statue didn’t play. Peters had early success and the Gophers allowed Illinois to get confident. The game sucked, the weather was fantastic, and tip your hat to Illinois.

On a positive note, after watching Iowa tonite, 6 points might be enough to beat the Hawks.

The question is can the coaching staff repeat today's offensive explosion?

It's just funny that because we lost today everyone is now making Iowa and Wisconsin out to be Georgia and Alabama. Gotta love message boards.

We also beat a team who has two Top 5 wins at their place.
Do you think they would have still beaten Purdue if David Bell would have played? That guy would have for sure been the difference because it was a close game. He’s the reason that they have been winning like they have because he provides a whole other element. Kind of like Tyler and Bateman did for the Gophers. Also, Iowa and Wisky are two of the best teams at stopping the run…and we know what happens when a team does that. They certainly have a chance but boy these matchups do not play to the Gophers strength. Tired of being Wisconsin’s bitch but fear that trend will continue. Man that 2019 season was so great, thought this year could be that. Thought wrong.

Do you think they would have still beaten Purdue if David Bell would have played? That guy would have for sure been the difference because it was a close game. He’s the reason that they have been winning like they have because he provides a whole other element. Kind of like Tyler and Bateman did for the Gophers. Also, Iowa and Wisky are two of the best teams at stopping the run…and we know what happens when a team does that. They certainly have a chance but boy these matchups do not play to the Gophers strength. Tired of being Wisconsin’s bitch but fear that trend will continue. Man that 2019 season was so great, thought this year could be that. Thought wrong.

And we haven't had any injuries to any starters this year?? Big Ten RBOY? CAB has missed all or part of every game we have lost.

So, sorry to say, but f--k David Bell and their problems. Wins are wins.

And we haven't had any injuries to any starters this year?? Big Ten RBOY? CAB has missed all or part of every game we have lost.

So, sorry to say, but f--k David Bell and their problems. Wins are wins.
We beat Purdue every year and lose to Wiscosin and Iowa every year, what's the difference here? Purdue plays an offensive style that leaves them open to upsetting superior teams.

We beat Purdue every year and lose to Wiscosin and Iowa every year, what's the difference here? Purdue plays an offensive style that leaves them open to upsetting superior teams.

Did you watch Iowa tonight???

Did you watch Iowa tonight???
We beat Purdue every year and lose to Wisconsin and Iowa every year, what's the difference here? Purdue plays an offensive style that leaves them open to upsetting superior teams.

Do you think they would have still beaten Purdue if David Bell would have played? That guy would have for sure been the difference because it was a close game. He’s the reason that they have been winning like they have because he provides a whole other element.
Bell had 6 catches for 120 yards against us.

We beat Purdue every year and lose to Wisconsin and Iowa every year, what's the difference here? Purdue plays an offensive style that leaves them open to upsetting superior teams.

Let's talk next Saturday evening

Beat iA and Wisconsin? Love your rose colored goggles. Good for you!
This loss, like Bowling Green, was unexpected but the Gophers won four straight games after that loss. This loss isn't determinative of the rest of the season.

I think Wisconsin is off the table. They simply appear to be better than us right now. I still think we have a pretty fair chance of beating Iowa. They won yesterday but they still have issues and they don't appear to be a better team than us overall. They did replace their QB though and that paid off. I don't think we win the west but 8 regular season wins is still a pretty good possibility.

Must of been talking about a different David Bell? 🤷‍♂️
He came back from his concussion and they limited him. That was my point he had that many yards and they were easing him back in. Guy is a heck of a player. I agree though that you could argue about Mo and the RB injuries. I was just saying Purdue is really playing good ball now (obviously) and realistically beat almost anyone.

Next week we will be big underdogs, and history has not been kind to the Gophers in Iowa city.

I'm not sure how big. Right now I'd say less than 10 points and maybe closer to 7. Iowa was a 12 point favorite yesterday and failed to cover the spread for the third game in a row. Between the BG and IL games, Minnesota beat the spread 4 straight times; they beat the spread by double digits in three of the games and one (Purdue) was by 9.5. I don't think the oddsmakers will give a really lopsided line here.

As far as history, well, there is some favorable current season history when the Gophers are on the road and an underdog. The Gophers are 3-1 as the underdog going into the game this season and they are 3-0 on the road.

It's not an afterthought to me. IF we actually put this together and win the West (that's great), but miss out on our first Rose Bowl in 50+ years. this game and the BG game are a fucking joke way to miss out.
Yes because we have so many good seasons that we should all be like rose bowl or bust...

Yes because we have so many good seasons that we should all be like rose bowl or bust...
So what is your standard for this Sr laden class? Next year will be a rebuilding year. Is it too much for fans to expect to have a good season every now and then?

Coyle is lazy and doesn't want to go thru another coaching search. Hence, the extension.

Meanwhile, Fleck is laughing every time he cashes a payroll check. If this was criminal court, Fleck might be charged with grand larceny.
Okay you refuse to say it, but clearly you want to move on from Fleck.

So what is your standard for this Sr laden class? Next year will be a rebuilding year. Is it too much for fans to expect to have a good season every now and then?
Winning the west is a good season, not caring about that because we might not make the Rose bowl is ridiculous.

7-5 was well within the range before the season even started.

Well, if one bases preseason expectations on sports publications, that most certainly is true. Almost all of the publications I saw predicted us to win 6 or 7 games.

Top Bottom