Settle down

We lost to a shit program in BG and Illinois should have been an easily winnable game and you think we are going to beat Iowa and Wisconsin? Fleck has shown time and time again that he cannot beat good teams and that his teams typically play down to the competition. This team is not going anywhere except the toilet bowl. But go ahead and live in fantasy land until reality slaps you in the face.

We lost to a shit program in BG and Illinois should have been an easily winnable game and you think we are going to beat Iowa and Wisconsin? Fleck has shown time and time again that he cannot beat good teams and that his teams typically play down to the competition. This team is not going anywhere except the toilet bowl. But go ahead and live in fantasy land until reality slaps you in the face.

Pipe down, dingus. We rattled off four wins after losing to BG. That includes a win against a Purdue team that spiked an Iowa team that you think is unbeatable.

Gopher > Purdue > Iowa. So Gopher > Iowa. I also saw PJ texting to Brom brothers to send him some playbook and secreifical goats for the game. Bhrom bro. > Kirk family Inc.

Ok. We lost. Ok we are still in it. No matter, beat Iowa, Indiana, wisky. We are in. Everyone stop analyzing. We lost. Change the diaper and be happy we still have a chance.
This is loser mentality...Everyone stop analyzing? Don't be such a homer.

Ok. We lost. Ok we are still in it. No matter, beat Iowa, Indiana, wisky. We are in. Everyone stop analyzing. We lost. Change the diaper and be happy we still have a chance.
I couldn't disagree more. When we lose an absolutely winnable game due to poor play calling and execution - analyzing the things that lead to the loss is EXACTLY what has to happen. Or should we just brush it off and pretend it never happened?

Teams need to be evaluated constantly to ensure success. From the top to the bottom. This applies in football and in "real world".

This is loser mentality...Everyone stop analyzing? Don't be such a homer.
I shouldn't have even responded to someone that is so invested in a coach that they can't handle any criticism of him. The Fleck infatuation around here is a very strange thing. A lot of bromance going on with some of these posters.

I’ll settle for the Pinstripe Bowl if the season tanks!

Downplay this game all you want. If was a terrible effort from coaches down.

7-5 just became a very real possibility.

I'm not downplaying it. I'm saying....get over it. It's done. Floyd is next....and after a lackluster effort....I'd expect this team to come out with some fire. If the coaching staff (OC) has any ability in his position.....he'll understand that a run heavy gameplan might not work.

And yes....7-5 is a very real possibility. I hate to even call Indiana a gimme. BG and Illinois have executed defensive gameplans that don't require a genius to put together. They've simply sold out on the run on early downs and played pass when we get into third and long. Sanford has made this team all too predictable.

I couldn't disagree more. When we lose an absolutely winnable game due to poor play calling and execution - analyzing the things that lead to the loss is EXACTLY what has to happen. Or should we just brush it off and pretend it never happened?

Teams need to be evaluated constantly to ensure success. From the top to the bottom. This applies in football and in "real world".
This board is solving things, dammit!

Fleck obviously is better than Mason because our recruiting is so good.

Did I do that right?

How many times are you gonna say this?

Mediocrity becomes acceptable when fans don’t demand more. I’m not saying we need to fire Fleck or become the Nebraska fan base but we can hold them accountable. It’s not acceptable to lose to BG and this Illinois team.

I'm not sure anyone is saying it's "acceptable" or we shouldn't hold them accountable.

All we are saying is the season is far from over. We would have given our left nut to be tied for first place in our division in mid-November most of our Gopher lives.

I'm not sure anyone is saying it's "acceptable" or we shouldn't hold them accountable.

All we are saying is the season is far from over. We would have given our left nut to be tied for first place in our division in mid-November most of our Gopher lives.
In fairness we’ve only been doing this stupid east and west thing since 2014. For most of my life it was simply the big ten and there was Ohio State with Michigan and then everyone else.

In fairness we’ve only been doing this stupid east and west thing since 2014. For most of my life it was simply the big ten and there was Ohio State with Michigan and then everyone else.

sure, but you get the point. There have been very few years in the past 25 where we have been playing meaningful football in November. 2014 and 2019. Maybe 2003 would be the other example.

EDIT: Could probably make that the past 40+ years instead of 25.

sure, but you get the point. There have been very few years in the past 25 where we have been playing meaningful football in November. 2014 and 2019. Maybe 2003 would be the other example.

This is where we are today? So we like how the schedulers scheduled?

I get people are upset. It's taken me all afternoon to try and get out of my bad mood.

But at the end of the day, if we beat Iowa next week, this game will be an afterthought and we will all be celebrating like 2018 Wisconsin.

WHO HATES IOWA?!?
Prediction for next week?

I get people are upset. It's taken me all afternoon to try and get out of my bad mood.

But at the end of the day, if we beat Iowa next week, this game will be an afterthought and we will all be celebrating like 2018 Wisconsin.

WHO HATES IOWA?!?
It's not an afterthought to me. IF we actually put this together and win the West (that's great), but miss out on our first Rose Bowl in 50+ years. this game and the BG game are a fucking joke way to miss out.

Last edited:

Well, we wouldn't be playing meaningful games in November this year if it were like it was without two divisions. Two divisions have given us a chance. Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to take advantage of it yet again.

Top Bottom