Settle down

YOU settle down.

I'm pissed and gonna stay that way for a while. Piss poor effort on multiple fronts.

While I'm venting, can we stop treating opposing punts like the most dangerous situation in college football?

We don't rush, we don't try to run back. Hell we rarely even try to CATCH THE damn ball. It's the exact opposite of elite, FFS.

This was not a fluke game... this game was almost as bad as the Bowling Green game. We are getting shut down by teams that are not very good, and at home. Like seriously? If you're not worried, then you're as clueless as Sanford is.

I'm not downplaying it. I'm saying....get over it. It's done. Floyd is next....and after a lackluster effort....I'd expect this team to come out with some fire. If the coaching staff (OC) has any ability in his position.....he'll understand that a run heavy gameplan might not work.

And yes....7-5 is a very real possibility. I hate to even call Indiana a gimme. BG and Illinois have executed defensive gameplans that don't require a genius to put together. They've simply sold out on the run on early downs and played pass when we get into third and long. Sanford has made this team all too predictable.
Are you saying there's a chance at 7-5?
This was not a fluke game... this game was almost as bad as the Bowling Green game. We are getting shut down by teams that are not very good, and at home. Like seriously? If you're not worried, then you're as clueless as Sanford is.
Count me in as worried but then I've been worried the whole season.

I hope we can find a way to pull it together after this one and win the last 3 or maybe 2 of 3. But in reality Wisco looks like the frontrunner at this point with how they're playing.

That was really a tough loss here today. Didn't see that coming. Just seems like a guess at this point to how we'll show up from week-to-week. Don't love being in that place.

Yeah let's pretend this game didn't matter.

The fanboys here are just ridiculous. Try for second to imagine the fans who care about this team winning and losing and don't care about little girl crushes on the coach.

I'm not sure anyone is saying it's "acceptable" or we shouldn't hold them accountable.

All we are saying is the season is far from over. We would have given our left nut to be tied for first place in our division in mid-November most of our Gopher lives.
I get what your saying but this year should have been special. It was all there for the taking. If not this year then when? Now we most likely end with a mediocre season. Even if we win out and win the big ten these losses will haunt us. It will be a what could of been…

IMO if we win out these two losses will stick in my craw more than being #13 and being up by 21 on Michigan in the 4th and still losing.

Yeah let's pretend this game didn't matter.

The fanboys here are just ridiculous. Try for second to imagine the fans who care about this team winning and losing and don't care about little girl crushes on the coach.
This game matters but losing it doesn’t mean nothing else matters. It’s a nuanced position

It's not an afterthought to me. IF we actually put this together and win the West (that's great), but miss out on our first Rose Bowl in 50+ years. this game and the BG game are a fucking joke.

I get what your saying but this year should have been special. It was all there for the taking. If not this year then when? Now we most likely end with a mediocre season. Even if we win out and win the big ten these losses will haunt us. It will be a what could of been…

IMO if we win out these two losses will stick in my craw more than being #13 and being up by 21 on Michigan in the 4th and still losing.

So making the Big Ten Championship game and beating Wisconsin and Iowa in the same season would NOT be "special"??? Come on, man.

I think you'll feel differently if that goes down, but I get you're bitter right now.

This game matters but losing it doesn’t mean nothing else matters. It’s a nuanced position

I guess thought it was a given that a loss didn't mean nothing else mattered, so I suppose you are right. But it is a massive loss.

So making the Big Ten Championship game and beating Wisconsin and Iowa in the same season would NOT be "special"??? Come on, man.

I think you'll feel differently if that goes down, but I get you're bitter right now.
No… I’m not saying that. I’d be super excited and happy. I’m just saying I’d never be able to get over the what could have been.

No… I’m not saying that. I’d be super excited and happy. I’m just saying I’d never be able to get over the what could have been.

Yeah, but I feel like unless your team is the lucky one to win a national title - or a world championship in pro sports - pretty much every team is gonna look back at what could have been. That's the nature of sports.

I can promise you if you presented me a scenario where we could finish 9-3, win the West AND beat Sconny and Iowa in the same year vs. Starting 9-0 and then losing to Sconny and Iowa in 2 of our last 3 games (2019), I'll take the first scenario every single time.

as always there is a middle ground between

Everything is fine. No need to worry.

and

It's the end of the World.

yes - the loss to Illinois does not - in and of itself - mean the season is over. Yes, the Gophers could come back and play better down the stretch.

But - it's perfectly valid for fans to question what's going on when a team has now lost two very winnable games this year - games in which the Gophers just didn't show up.

The real question is how can the same team look so good one week and look so bad the next week. the inconsistency is what bothers me as a fan. Same players, same coach, different results. sure, match-ups play a role in that, but - at least to me - this is more than match-ups. this is an issue. and you can ignore it, but ignoring problems usually results in that problem biting you in the ass.

Realistically, it's not likely the Gophers will sweep the next three games (and Indiana is bound to rise up and bite somebody in what has been a terrible year for them). Probably 7-5 for us and no West Title - and that title will be far out of reach next year. Does PJ have a pinpoint passer anywhere in his recruiting?

Realistically, it's not likely the Gophers will sweep the next three games (and Indiana is bound to rise up and bite somebody in what has been a terrible year for them). Probably 7-5 for us and no West Title - and that title will be far out of reach next year. Does PJ have a pinpoint passer anywhere in his recruiting?

We have a 4-star freshman QB on the roster now and another good looking QB following him for the 2022 class.

Mediocrity becomes acceptable when fans don’t demand more. I’m not saying we need to fire Fleck or become the Nebraska fan base but we can hold them accountable. It’s not acceptable to lose to BG and this Illinois team.
At home on top of it!

as always there is a middle ground between

Everything is fine. No need to worry.

and

It's the end of the World.

yes - the loss to Illinois does not - in and of itself - mean the season is over. Yes, the Gophers could come back and play better down the stretch.

But - it's perfectly valid for fans to question what's going on when a team has now lost two very winnable games this year - games in which the Gophers just didn't show up.

The real question is how can the same team look so good one week and look so bad the next week. the inconsistency is what bothers me as a fan. Same players, same coach, different results. sure, match-ups play a role in that, but - at least to me - this is more than match-ups. this is an issue. and you can ignore it, but ignoring problems usually results in that problem biting you in the ass.
The Gophers got out-schemed and out-coached. The opponents did their homework while the Gophers ate theirs.

We have a 4-star freshman QB on the roster now and another good looking QB following him for the 2022 class.
As much on-paper QB talent as any time in the modern recruiting era. But do we have any coaches capable of transforming talented highschool players into Big10 passers?

Yeah, but I feel like unless your team is the lucky one to win a national title - or a world championship in pro sports - pretty much every team is gonna look back at what could have been. That's the nature of sports.

I can promise you if you presented me a scenario where we could finish 9-3, win the West AND beat Sconny and Iowa in the same year vs. Starting 9-0 and then losing to Sconny and Iowa in 2 of our last 3 games (2019), I'll take the first scenario every single time.
I agree. I just don’t have the faith that you do. I don’t see them winning out. I see 7-5. I hope and will root for being proved wrong.

I guess thought it was a given that a loss didn't mean nothing else mattered, so I suppose you are right. But it is a massive loss.
It means we can’t back into rose bowl or division.

The bigger concern is it means our offense is broke.

As much on-paper QB talent as any time in the modern recruiting era. But do we have any coaches capable of transforming talented highschool players into Big10 passers?

I'm not disagreeing that I'm concerned about Sanford and what is going on with the playcalling and passing game. If we finish the year like crap, there have to be changes there.

Pipe down, dingus. We rattled off four wins after losing to BG. That includes a win against a Purdue team that spiked an Iowa team that you think is unbeatable.
Beat Purdue in a rainstorm that hurt purdue
Fleck is just a poor choice. Now bamboozled that idiot coyle for 5 million a year😡

It means we can’t back into rose bowl or division.

The bigger concern is it means our offense is broke.

What is concerning to me is that one of a head coaches biggest jobs is to evaluate the ability of his staff. Sanford is a disaster and from this job and his past, clearly is not good enough.

Fleck and his goons can’t coach a quarterback
And no top recruits will come here to play outside in November

You are right. It's no longer a fluke.

SD State (2019): 28-21
Fresno State (2019): 38-35 in 2ot
Georgia So.: (2019): 35-32

Miami (OH): 31-26

BG: 10 -14

PJ teams play down to their opponents way too often. I just don't get it. Why do Fleck's teams play so poorly against worse teams?

Top Bottom