Settle down

Fleck and his goons can’t coach a quarterback
And no top recruits will come here to play outside in November
Funny how you only post after we lose. It's almost as if you enjoy us losing?

You are right. It's no longer a fluke.

SD State (2019): 28-21
Fresno State (2019): 38-35 in 2ot
Georgia So.: (2019): 35-32

Miami (OH): 31-26

BG: 10 -14

PJ teams play down to their opponents way too often. I just don't get it. Why do Fleck's teams play so poorly against worse teams?
Not disagreeing with you, but it's not a PJ thing. This team has played down to teams under previous coaches for years. Don't get it, but I guess just our luck lol

Beat Purdue in a rainstorm that hurt purdue
Fleck is just a poor choice. Now bamboozled that idiot coyle for 5 million a year😡

Sorry Purdue fan....sometimes you have to play games in bad conditions.

Cry some more.

Fleck and his goons can’t coach a quarterback
And no top recruits will come here to play outside in November
I agree/disagree with you at the same time. Tanner could have been a draft pick under Kirk Ciarrocca. Sanford needs to be fired ASAP. It is a fleck issue in that he is too loyal. If he fires and hires the right OC this team goes places. If he stays loyal it will burn him.

It's just funny that because we lost today everyone is now making Iowa and Wisconsin out to be Georgia and Alabama. Gotta love message boards.

We also beat a team who has two Top 5 wins at their place.
It happens nearly ever year for 30 years. This is nothing new. We beat Purdue and Nebraska every year. Purdue, Nebraska and Northwestern are nice filler to get us to the main course.

Last edited:

The Gophers are average. I was hoping they'd be better than average, but they're not. Average teams can look really good sometimes and really bad other times. Sure, we can still roll off three straight wins and win the division. But after losing to Bowling Green and Illinois, there's no reason to think it will happen. We could win all three just as easily as lose all three; it will probably be in between. Just a real disappointing season.

What is concerning to me is that one of a head coaches biggest jobs is to evaluate the ability of his staff. Sanford is a disaster and from this job and his past, clearly is not good enough.
The offense is 95% the same as what it was pre sanford

It’s fine you have a problem with the offense but blame the guy who controls it. Fleck

We literally have ran them 2 of the last 3 weeks.

watch a game
Passing attempts down 6 a game from 2019, -100 YPG. Passing TD's 2.4 vs. .9 a game. Same offense tho. Get a memory.

Last edited:

The offense is 95% the same as what it was pre sanford

It’s fine you have a problem with the offense but blame the guy who controls it. Fleck
I know the overall offensive philosophy is very similar, but do you think the play calling and other details are the same? Receiver routes?

Not disagreeing with you, but it's not a PJ thing. This team has played down to teams under previous coaches for years. Don't get it, but I guess just our luck lol
Lest we forget our 10-7 thriller against Kent State led by current cornerbacks coach Paul Haynes

Ok. We lost. Ok we are still in it. No matter, beat Iowa, Indiana, wisky. We are in. Everyone stop analyzing. We lost. Change the diaper and be happy we still have a chance.
I hate this attitude and I've seen/heard it from a few people that because we still have "everything" in front of us and control it the loss doesn't really matter. Some had the same attitude after theu Bowling Green loss and it is absolutely wrong. Yes we can still win the west great but these losses matter too. Every game matters and just because it doesn't cost you the division championship doesn't mean the loss doesn't hurt. I want every win. We only get so many games a year and I live and die with each one. Every win helps build the program, make it a bigger national brand, rise in the rankings, build the fanbse, bring better bowl opportunities into focus, helps recruiting, etc. Every game matters!

I like Fleck. He is a great recruiter and motivator of young men. But his football IQ is in question. I mean he does admit he got a super low ACT score. Need to remove friends from staff and get a good OC coordinatoragr
I like Fleck. He is a great recruiter and motivator of young men. But his football IQ is in question. I mean he does admit he got a super low ACT score. Need to remove friends from staff and get a good OC coordinator.
Agree. Being @ the game I knew GH would have a lot of negativity. I have been in a bad mood all day watching that pathetic performance. However, it was an incredibly beautiful November day for football. We still have very meaningful games ahead and I think PJF will get this team back on track.

I hate this attitude and I've seen/heard it from a few people that because we still have "everything" in front of us and control it the loss doesn't really matter. Some had the same attitude after theu Bowling Green loss and it is absolutely wrong. Yes we can still win the west great but these losses matter too. Every game matters and just because it doesn't cost you the division championship doesn't mean the loss doesn't hurt. I want every win. We only get so many games a year and I live and die with each one. Every win helps build the program, make it a bigger national brand, rise in the rankings, build the fanbse, bring better bowl opportunities into focus, helps recruiting, etc. Every game matters!
Not to mention Illinois is a watered down Crystal Light version of Wisconsin and Iowa.

I agree/disagree with you at the same time. Tanner could have been a draft pick under Kirk Ciarrocca. Sanford needs to be fired ASAP. It is a fleck issue in that he is too loyal. If he fires and hires the right OC this team goes places. If he stays loyal it will burn him.
Yeah, to the tune of $10 million, his new buyout. He is protected and can do whatever he wants and there will be no pressure on him for the next several years.

How many times are you gonna say this?

We lost to a shit program in BG and Illinois should have been an easily winnable game and you think we are going to beat Iowa and Wisconsin? Fleck has shown time and time again that he cannot beat good teams and that his teams typically play down to the competition. This team is not going anywhere except the toilet bowl. But go ahead and live in fantasy land until reality slaps you in the face.
Hahahahahaha. I did not say we will win anything troll boy. I said we have an opportunity. Your Hawks looked so great at Northwestern tonight. Michigan State dominated Purdue chickens right? Each week is an adventure. Settle down.

Plus, you need to beat the weak teams so a loss to a good team doesn’t derail the season as badly. We need to beat the Illinois and Indianas because beating the Wisconsins and Iowas are tough and more likely a loss based on history. If you beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones you can still have a nice season, despite losing a couple rivalry games.

Passing attempts down 6 a game from 2019, -100 YPG. Passing TD's 2.4 vs. .9 a game. Same offense tho. Get a memory.
The play types are the same: the play selection is different balance because our wideouts suck

if you can’t see that, you’re blind

I know the overall offensive philosophy is very similar, but do you think the play calling and other details are the same? Receiver routes?
Routes are similar, though not as good
Play calling is different. Same plays different mix.

they are calling it conservative because they don’t think they’re very good IMO

Absolutely! We’re doing important stuff here!
Lol, were just talking about stuff more or less. We all want Gopher football to succeed. There is major concern about playcalling and QB play. Next week we will be big underdogs, and history has not been kind to the Gophers in Iowa city.

Top Bottom